Used 1999 Chevrolet Metro LSi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:

My Dependable Metro
By Robert Hall

1999 Chevrolet Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

I have had pretty good luck with this car. In the beginning, I had some problems with a faulty engine control computer module that was then replaced by the dealer under warranty and with the air conditioning system a couple of times during the last 7 years, but haven't had any significant problems since.

Great little car to run around town in. It is easy to drive and parking is a breeze. It is very economical to drive and maintain.

The manufacturer decided to save a buck by not installing a passenger door switch to turn on the dome light when that door is opened. That is really my only pet pieve.

Just bought it!
By TiJon

1999 Chevrolet Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

I just purchased a 1999 Chevy Metro LSi 2-dr hatchback, it had 97400 miles on it at purchase. I got it because I needed a car that gets good gas mileage. So far, I am averaging 32.5 mpg. I have had to put in some work into it (i.e. tune up). For the mileage it has on it, the body & interior are in good shape; no rust & a few dings. I got what I expected to buy for $3000 USD. I will keep track and update this site.

Hey, I have air conditioning! For the last 5 years, I have been driving a vehicle in Virginia without AC.

The automatic transmission that was placed in the '99 model should have had overdrive, then it would have had mpg comparitable to the models with standard transmissions.