1999 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:
This is a great car
By Brian on 06/10/08 17:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I love this little thing. Only had 25000 miles on it when I found it. Gets a staggering 53 miles to the gallon around town, and 47 at 65 on the freeway. No A/C crank windows and plunge locks. Great A to B.

Excellent mileage
By Dean on 08/23/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

Bought this Metro used. I'm very impressed the way it drive, handle, and fuel economy. I'm getting around 47 MPG mostly highway.

1999 Metro Base 5 spd
By Dean on 08/22/07 07:50 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought this 99 Metro from a private with 69,000 one-owner documented miles. I have been driving about 3000 miles, and very impress with the car performance and gas mileage. It is very decent acceleration for 1.0 3 cyl, and I get an average of 46 MPG mostly highway miles (65-70 MPH). So far, I'm very happy with it.

metro
By pat68 on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

good reliability , except a/c leak excellent fuel economy, good performance, very cute car

A great commuter!
By ABellido on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

An outstanding commuter! Great gas mileage! I travel 40 miles daily to work. Is very reliable. I had obly one problem with it after the first year. The ignition coil and wire shorted out. It was a warranty repair. Other than oil changes and new tires, it had saved me a lot of money in repair costs. I am passing it on to my daughter so she can go to school in it.

Every thing I paid for
By Merle Stahl on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

It will beat most so called "high mileage hybrids". Have always gotten between 50 & 55 MPG in city traffic. It backs off to 45 MPG on highway at 75 MPH. It is peppy, but is slower as you add more passengers. Had heater switch & thermostat replaced under warranty. Dollar for dollar you can't beat it.

not impressed
By stix on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

this car sux, if it's just u and a friend and you have about 3,000,000 miles to drive and about $5 to spend on gas, this is the car to drive......it's crappy overall but at least it'll get u from 1 point to the other.....

Simple and Reliable
By Marvin Lindroth on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

A very reliable car and ideal for commuting to work. It drives easily, is simple to park, and gets great gas mileage (45mpg: manual transmission). Carrying two or three adult passengers, the car has weak acceleration power, but with no adult passangers or one, the car's acceleration power is acceptable. No mechanical problems at all.