1998 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:
It's been a good car for me
By JS on 03/31/06 20:05 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought a new Chevy Metro back in 1998. It now has 160,000 miles and is still running fine. I have absolutely no complaints about my Metro. It has served me quite well as a dependable, economical commuter car. It is very fuel efficient and has been very reliable mechanically.

Fantastic gas saver!
By Chevy Metro/Suzuki on 08/22/05 09:40 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

Indeed, we have been 100% very pleased over the years with the automatic version, comfort and cargo space offered by this stylish Chevy Metro /Suzuki Swift, having Japanese quality & reliability so obvious, this car will not let you down, and you can really smile at the gas station with these new gas prices and still rising! We truly love this car who saved us thousands of dollars over the years!

I Love My Car!!!
By New Mommy cries on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car solely due to its low price back in 1998. Since that time I have put on 82000miles & have had no problems, I love my car. I have been in 2 accidents once in the front and once in the rear and both left no damage on myself or my car. The gas mileage is amazing even with the A/C running. I find I often shock those next to me at lights because I am not the last one out. You would think this 3 cyl engine would drag, but I have never experienced this. I hate to have to get rid of this car, but it is not compatable to car seats going in and out. ohh Have I mentioned I love my car. It is the most under rated car that has ever been sold.

Metro mania
By Jay Pope on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Metro. I got this 1998 2 dr used and have been a bit disappointed at the lower mpg as compared to my 4 dr 93 GEO. Still, with winter cold starts and a commute of only 7 miles city driving to work, I got over 36 mpg. Hope to get 40 mpg with the warmer weather. Wonderful car around town. Fun to drive. Easy to maintain. Resale value is about 100% so far.

Metro tons of power for small dollars.
By mvlion on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

Metro's are excellent cars for the small amount of money needed to buy one. Always, make sure you get a 5 speed. Never, buy this car in a power and mileage robbing 3 speed automatic. This is the reason that it so hard to find a used low mileage stick and so easy to find a low mileage automatic. Expect, to get 40 mpg with a stick Metro with pretty good comfort and equipment levels. 1998 and newer models had Fuel Injection and are much quicker!

The Little Car that Can
By MetroMan on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

This is my second new Metro. First one was total by a semi (and I walked away!). Love the comfort. Love the milage even better! Low maint. costs! Would buy my third new metro if only Chevy would wise up and start making these little gems again!

Great Car!
By edward busby on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

Bought New, Drove at least 45,000 miles.Excellent Student car ,also great work car . Great Gas milage ! The most gas expence was $6.00 the least $4.00 TALK ABOUT CHEAP!

My Metro
By metroman on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I bought My Metro new (1998 model) and drove it 130,000 miles until I ran into a parked SUV. The airbag worked great and I got only a scratch. The car was 100% reliable - it always started and ran good. It gave 40+ miles per gallon. With the rear seat down, the hatch could carry very large items. I'll miss that car, wish they were still building them, I'd buy another. Now that I think about it, the only problem was an oil leak, at about 85,000 miles. Good car!

Love the Car
By steveg on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

This is my second Metro, bought this 1998 Model with 28000 on it June 2002. Have had 0 problems and get close to 50 miles to the gal. If you want a nice little car that gets you there and back cheep this is the car.

rocks should be this solid
By mr bad example on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

this car is bullet-proof, change the oil every few months or few thousand miles, shift before the engine blows up and this car will last forever. the only problem i have is merging on fast interstates, that's when you pray for more ponies. around town and down the road, it's the greatest.