1998 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:
Awesome little car
By Mom on 08/29/08 20:19 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

My brother drove this car to work every day in all kinds of weather until he retired this year. I luckily inherited it from him with 94,000 miles on it. It still gets great mpgs. It's a little cramped for me but I can deal with that. The only problem I have is with a fuel pressure sensor and I can't find parts at the junk yards!

Fantastic gas saver!
By Chevy Metro/Suzuki on 08/22/05 09:40 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

Indeed, we have been 100% very pleased over the years with the automatic version, comfort and cargo space offered by this stylish Chevy Metro /Suzuki Swift, having Japanese quality & reliability so obvious, this car will not let you down, and you can really smile at the gas station with these new gas prices and still rising! We truly love this car who saved us thousands of dollars over the years!

Metro tons of power for small dollars.
By mvlion on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

Metro's are excellent cars for the small amount of money needed to buy one. Always, make sure you get a 5 speed. Never, buy this car in a power and mileage robbing 3 speed automatic. This is the reason that it so hard to find a used low mileage stick and so easy to find a low mileage automatic. Expect, to get 40 mpg with a stick Metro with pretty good comfort and equipment levels. 1998 and newer models had Fuel Injection and are much quicker!

Homely hatchback
By Jwist on 03/12/02 17:00 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

Metro is a fun,very economical little car,one of the most reliable GM ever maketed.Excellent quality for the money!