Used 1998 Chevrolet Metro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Metro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:

I'm a Metro Maniac and proud of it!
By tishpit1

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

LOVE this little bugger! It is an automatic and has enough pep to move out when needed, though no pocket rocket. Mileage averages in the mid-30 MPG range... on par with many new small cars. Could use an overdrive gear, but hey, for $3500 with 50,000 original well-cared-for miles... I'm thrilled! No car payments... easy to work on... fun to drive... great fuel economy... and lots of room. Wish they still made these! Wouldn't trade it for a new Fiesta, Mazda 2, Smart, IQ, or Spark or anything else I can think of. C'mon GM... bring back the METRO!!!!

Room, MPG, fun to drive, simple and reliable, cute, big trunk, cheap!

Height adjustable driver's seat would be nice and overdrive in the automatics. Also would prefer a 4-door hatchback, but overall, this car has it all over the newer and EXPENSIVE cars being sold today.

Just a fun little car!
By theguy89

1998 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

I got this car when i turned 18 and im now 22 years old i had 90 thousand miles on it then and it now has 150 thousands miles on it i had to replace an alternater and a starter but nothing seroius very well build car no major problems and i dont regret it at all.this car had been threw hell and back but somehow its still runs as if it was brand new.what can i say? well its damn good car thats what i can say!

gets around great in the snow even if it is light.i wouldnt reccomend putting after market speakers in it the little thing cant handle all that power to put out! i can pick this car up and move it an 180 degree angle so if i park crooked no need to get in it and fix it just simply pick up the ass end and move it closer to the curb tell me another car you can do that with?

ac could not keep leaking,a real cup holder would be nice,and better locks because they all lock up over time then u can get into your car unless you know how to fix them.wheel tilt!

Good economical & reliable ride
By gr8tchr4u

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 4dr Sedan

I have had my 98 Chevy Metro, automatic transmission, for 12 years. Over the 12 years I have amassed over 180,000 miles. It has been an absolutely reliable, fuel efficient, and extremely durable used car. Aside from replacing the transmission and regular maintenance, I have had to do nothing major to this vehicle. The ride is not spectacular. There is a lot of road noise. It came with a standard AM/FM radio and manual windows and door locks. Quinn hit, the body damage can be extensive because it's not solidly built. It crumbles like tinfoil.

Great fuel economy, absolutely reliable, decent space for a compact car.

Build it more solidly. Deal with the road noise.

Awesome little car
By Mom

1998 Chevrolet Metro LSi 2dr Hatchback

My brother drove this car to work every day in all kinds of weather until he retired this year. I luckily inherited it from him with 94,000 miles on it. It still gets great mpgs. It's a little cramped for me but I can deal with that. The only problem I have is with a fuel pressure sensor and I can't find parts at the junk yards!

A little more leg room for rear passengers, move the cup holder, electric windows/seats, and add a CD player

I love this car
By sarah

1998 Chevrolet Metro 2dr Hatchback

This car has been wonderful to me. I bought it used in 2003 with no clue how to drive a stick. It's very forgiving and easy to learn on. Haven't had any problems other than the usual repairs required.

The gas mileage is excellent, and the car itself is cute!

I have to sit on a pillow to drive my car, so seat adjustments would be nice.