2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Never will get a GM product again!!!
By Keith

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT w/1LT 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After having car for 5 months, I had 10 things wrong with it. The dealer kept my car for 1.5 weeks, only for them to tell me they couldn't duplicate any of my complaints. First, the drivers door=was misalingned from factory, after dealer "realingned door, then it wouldn't close properly. It ripped the rubber gaskets. Also, the drivers door lock on the handle was getting so it wouldn't work (had to press the button at least 6 times to get it to unlock). The drivers seat bottom had a "loose" feeling to it when going around corners, told the dealer they wouldn't feel it in the city (straight roads), they couldn't get it to do it. The list goes on, too much for this review. All I know is after 5 months, I took a hit and unloaded this car and bought the Ford Fusion, MUCH better car and was cheaper than the malibu!!

Leased a 2016 LS Malibu Silver Color
By Guy

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Its a giant car so if will probably meet your space needs. I think I got an amazing deal. I would have had to pay the same amount for a leasing a corolla but with a low residual. I think its too big for a single guy like me but I its way more comfy than the compact sedans I test drove. I liked the ride and apple carplay and guided rearview camera is cool. Keyless entry Yes Please. Push Start button. Apple car play is amazing. It comes with onstar so I can have wifi within car, locate my car from my phone and even lock it. If your car has remote start it will let you do it from your phone as well. I will not end up continuing onstar because I am usually driving it alone and my phone internet is enough. The nice thing is the tech stuff comes with all trims but since its LS the interior doesn't come bells and whistles but its better than the basic trim of most (non luxury) compact sedans. Edmunds is right about the screen getting stains. Acceleration is not mind blowing in the start but does get the job done. You are not going to win races but you are not going to feel that its underpowered either. Mileage is not phenomenal but its not a deal breaker either. I was nervous about the start and stop but it never bothered me at all. I am single and fresh out of grad school and got this as my first car. My only regret is that I shouldn't have gotten this nice of a car but I think price wise it made a lot of sense. Its quite and handles bumpy road well. I had no trouble in acceleration at high speeds. Me and my sister went on a long trip and loved it. I love the looks of ford fusion but not a fan of how they their price and interior that comes with base trims. My personal opinion is that the interior of Malibu is a lot better than fusion interior and I love the infotainment (Did I mention carplay). I got compliments for the exterior so yeah I would definitely recommend it. If you can afford I would definitely recommend do get safety features like blind spot because the pillars are kind of thick.

Leasing the Malibu 2016
By Louise Z.

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my Malibu for the past month and I do honestly love it. I traded in my 2015 Chevrolet equinox to get something smaller and better gas mileage and I do not regret my decision with the Malibu. Again I did get the base version so I do not have all the bells and whistles that I would've hoped for but even with that I get rear camera, touchscreen display, apple carplay, the rear seating is roomy. The acceleration isn't the fastest at first but if you give it a couple seconds it'll get pretty fast especially when merging onto the freeway. It is a push to start which I've never had before and I think this feature is awesome. The engine does auto stop which I had no idea about until I was driving it the day after purchase. I was never told about this feature before purchasing so I was really confused, so after I read my owners manual it told me what it was. I wasn't expecting it to be on a non-hybrid but if it's saving me gas I can't complain. I understand the jerking when you press the gas if you like to drive like [non-permissible content removed] and have no patience to accelerate when a light switches. I have had no problem with jerking motions thus far because the engine will start again once you ease off the brake and then accelerate. Honestly not a problem. The auto stop will activate when you stop after having been driving for a couple minutes or certain speed (not quite sure yet but this is what I've observed). Sometimes when I'm stopped at a light it will randomly turn the engine back on which I don't understand but I mean, it normally would be running in any other car, and that's not really a point that sold me on this car so I'm not mad. Overall I love this car, very sporty inside and out.

Very Nice Car for the Money
By David

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had this car since March and have put 17,000 miles + on it. I have had some interior vibration and rattles in the dash that seems to be poor design, problems with the adaptive cruise control being disabled for no reason and had that unit replaced. There have been issues with the sun roof privacy screen/shade locking up resulting in the sun roof not working and had to have it reprogramed at the dealer. While these issues are annoying overall the car is fantastic. The ride is excellent both city and highway. The gas mileage is outstanding 24+ in town and 33+ on the highway exceeding the published mpg ratings. The interior space in this car is excellent as well. I would recommend this car.

Amazing daily commute and long trips car!
By Guy

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT w/1LT 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It drives smooth and quiet, very comfortable and roomy interior. large trunk space. I'm pretty sure It gets higher mileage than rated, drove it from New York to Montreal and arrived with 1/4 of a tank still full. The electronics are amazing!!! large display and very easy to understand, it is equipped with every gadget you can think of apple CarPlay, android auto, XM, Navigation and of course the Wi-Fi availability is a blessing. Connected the kids tablets to the Wi-Fi drove for 7 hours and did not hear them even once say the dreadful "are we there yet", also I must add that if your daily commute is driving in terrible slow traffic you are going to be happy with the noticeable gas savings and you will never be bored with all the array of radio stations and music available at your fingertips