Love My New Malibu 2T
By reginanita on
2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Never thought I would enjoy a small car after driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 but I love it. I am still getting used to the shifting. We bought it mid January. Everything else is higher than me on the road but even in the Jeep there were many taller than me. It has a Driver Leather Power seat. Good rear vision along with the backup camera. Seems peppy enough but have yet to tromp on it to avoid accident. Interior is beautiful and blue lighting adds ambiance. Touch controls are easy and Screen easy to read. So many new features and I love them all. Steering is tight and responsive. For Auto/Stop everyhing has to be running in optium perfection. Warm engine, A/C and fans not too high.
Favorite Features
I absolutely love the Sirius Radio. To me the beauty of the interior will match any higher price vehicle. The interior color is dark brown with lighter taupe and some wood look. Really nice. Love the leather seats. Back windows easy to see vehicles in the blind spot. Averaging 23 mpg around town. No long trips yet. I love the Heated seats. GM is very helpful and really trying hard to please after what they have been through. Trunk lid opens with Fob or push button which is nice when arms are full. Nice intrument panel with 2 trip odometers and temp gauge. Also just noticed the compass. Neat. I am so happy with the Malibu and it is very quiet on a busy road.
Suggested Improvements
Hmmm..The Bosch radio could be easier to go from Page 2 back to Pg 1. You have to push the Fav button thru Pg 6 to get back to Pg 1. The seats could be a bit more confortable. They are very hard with good quality dense foam. If I take a long trip will have to get a pillow. On Star is a little to be desired. Going to a destination I knew for a test was all mixed up and having me going in wrong direction. All cell phones will not Pair with the Bosch. My $20 Trac phone came through during a phone call today and I was shocked. I had not even used it to dial the #. In other words the call suddenly was on speaker.
By reginanita
on 07/19/14 20:03 PM (PDT)

Malibu 2LT 2.5 L 4cyl. I'm back with another comment after 6 months of ownership. Still have only 3K miles on it. I have been getting excuses about the shifting since day one. Well how come Hundai can put out a 4cyl that shifts so smoothly you dont' feel a thing? I drove a friends 2012 Hundai Tucson for a100 miles..I never felt it shift once...Not once. I am so disguted with the Malibu for the rough shifting. I have the 2LT. Sometimes when it shifts I feel liked the engine is going to stall going 20 mph in my neighborhood. I have been loving it 'til now after driving her seamless shifting vehicle.