2014 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: 2014 malibu ltz 2.5L nice vehi

2014 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LTZ Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/1LZ)

2014 malibu ltz 2.5L nice vehicle
By dirty_ken on

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I took delivery in early December and now have about 3000 mi. Car has all options except turbo and nav. Did not desire either. Prefer using reg gas and better economy. Prefer using identical Garmins in all the family vehicles. The techno safety features (blind spot, lane alert, cross traffic, collision alert, etc) are reason for buying car and they work great. I wish it had rain sense wipers, active cruise, locking gas cap, and rear heat ducts. Very quiet and smooth. Not a performance car for handling or power. I am a little disappointed with 30 mpg highway and 24 mpg city so far. Hoping it improves after break in.

Rear camera, cross traffic alert, rear park sensors, blind spot, lane control (although it is aggravating), forward collision alert. The blue tooth integration is better than most. I eliminated any car that did not have spare tire so that must be favorite also. I did add the dealer splash guards and the fold flat trunk organizer. Both work well and should be standard.

Add rain sense wipers, active cruise control, locking gas cap cover, and some heat/ac ducts directed to rear seat.
By dirty_ken
on 04/04/14 12:10 PM (PDT)

Update on fuel mileage. I now have about 6900 miles on malibu. City mileage is about 25 mpg. Highway mileage is about 34 mpg at 70 mph on I40 across TN. It has improved! I still really like it. Safety gizmos work great.

By llennok2
on 03/06/14 16:02 PM (PST)

I have about 1000 miles on my car, purchased in mid Feb. I'm only getting 20.9 miles in combo city/highway. Today I took a 100 mile, mostly highway - with cruise control most of the time - and got a whopping 22.3 miles. Love the looks. Hate the mileage. Am already thinking of trading it...Last car I had was a 2004 Malibu, which is what I traded in. That car got 24 mpg with icy roads and snow tires! Very dissapointed so far.

By dirty_ken
on 03/20/15 18:32 PM (PDT)

Got email saying I should add a comment about my malibu. Now has 25K. No problems. Did a minor reprogram to blind spot to reduce false indications. Works correct now. Fuel mileage about 32 highway and 23 city. I will never see the 36 highway per EPA. I really like it. Safety features really work well.

By dirty_ken
on 10/14/14 13:16 PM (PDT)

Update. Now have 17k miles. Highway fuel mileage still averages about 34. City 27. No issues. One minor recall for cpu reprogramming. Recently drove friends similar loaded 2014 XLE Camry 2.4k mi on trip. Malibu has much better seats for long trips! His Camry did get better fuel mileage at 38.

By khk
on 02/26/14 19:59 PM (PST)

I too am disappointed with the fuel mileage. I am only getting 23.3 in combination city and highway. Drove 188 miles today, mostly highway and got only 24.6. Since I have only 900 miles on the vehicle, I'm hoping it will improve.