2014 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Very Happy Customer
By mrsblack

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Came from a 2003 PT Cruiser. I just bought my 2014 Silver LT Malibu 3weeks & I love everything about it except for the start-stop engine and one small thing the base of the seat, besides those 2 small issues the car rides very smooth quite to outside noises. I have three children, so its just enough room for them in the back w/ a car seat & enough space for my 6'1 husband in the front. I love the glow light in the front interior which lights up @ night. This Malibu looks so much better than the older ones', the space, the drive, the look exterior & out. I was going 90mph & didn't realize it, that's how smooth & comfortable the ride is. Glad to be part of the Chevy fam.

The body, steering wheel, the whole front interior more so the glow night light. Beautiful car.

The base of the front seats.

A decent mid-size sedan
By ark15

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had leased this back in 2013, and I have the LT1 trim level. So far it is a solid ride, as I commute to the next city on a weekly basis. It rides smoothly and the transmission is very smooth. I wanted a sun roof, but it was going to cost extra so went with remote start instead and it was a good trade off for the Ohio winters and gets through the snow easily.It has a very sharp exterior design but I noted that the rear door trim is coming apart, and the paint scratches very easily.Interior wise, things are laid out nicely and I love OnStar and MyLink but the chrome interior is annoying.

Eco AC Mode. Remote Start. MyLink. Back Up Camera.

Tone down on the chrome trim. Auto-Stop override button. Better pain quality.

GM wants to nickle and dime monthly subscriptions
By zebu

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Pro: Great Car, CON: Pushy People Running GM. GM is very aggressive about putting nice features in their cars that you have to pay for with monthly subscriptions like On-Star and the new WiFi in the car. A Garmin NUVI that cost be $150 does a far better job at navigating than the OnStar service you have to call in and get your destination address understood. I want to see it on a map display. The WiFi in the car is expensive and unnecessary too, my Apple iPhone will make a hotspot if I need one. Just try to refuse or cancel either, OnStar will beat you up and make you feel stupid. Dealing with Comcast is more pleasant.

Handling, the new wheel bolt patterns allowed me to install BMW multi-spoke wheels.

Dump OnStar. Door sill is too low, seat too high off the floor, makes it hard for tall guys like me to get in/out. (Camry and Focus do not have this problem, nor do they punish you with OnStar.)

just a few tips
By cigrman1

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The front windshield rear view mirror section is too big and is in the way of a complete view. What really bugs me is the accent trim on the steering wheel. If the sun is coming in the driver side window it glints of the trim just right and is blinding!!! I have to put my hand just righ to block the sun. Add on - I hate the windows that do what they want, all the way up or all the way down. When I press the window button I just want it to do what I want period. Not all the way down and then have to adjust it up to where I want it. Oh that would be nice but when you go up it goes all the way up unless you think to stop it somewhere. Pisses me off...

Great gas mileage on the frw. Comfortable seats. I like the cruise control functions the best of any car.

Fix the rear view mirrors all the way around. Take the metal trim off the steering wheel- absolute-. Even the cheapest honda Accord has a rear view camera. Personally I would like to see windows that are adjustable not atomatic all the way up or all the way down.

Previous Model is Better
By stower17

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a very average midsized car. The auto stop/start system in this car has a few consequences that are worth informing future buyers about. There is no on/off button for the auto stop feature. The reason I am commenting on this annoyance is because the auto start/stop is way more noticeable then what the manufacturer says. It is very noticeable, the car almost feels like it stalls and then lunges every time the engine shuts off then restarts. Also, when the engine shuts off at a stop, the air conditioning gets very warm and the fan speed reduces dramatically. With summer temperatures in the 90's right now, it gets very warm in the car when the engine shuts off.

Comfortable drivers seat. Drives easily. Very quiet cabin, probably the quietest midsized car I have been in. Smooth suspension. Ambient lighting. Rear seat easy to fold down.

Make the auto stop/start less noticeable. A/C performance when engine stops is terrible. Back seat is cramped. Rearview mirror too small. Glare from instrument panel makes it hard to read gauges. Windshield pillars are big and create a blind spot. The two cell phone holder slots in the console should be storage compartments that are more use-full. There is a lot of wasted space in the center console. It's competitors still have better MPG than the Malibu and they have conventional drivetrains that do not have auto stop/start. Visibility is not very good with all the blind spots.