2014 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Previous Model is Better
By stower17 on 07/03/14 15:13 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a very average midsized car. The auto stop/start system in this car has a few consequences that are worth informing future buyers about. There is no on/off button for the auto stop feature. The reason I am commenting on this annoyance is because the auto start/stop is way more noticeable then what the manufacturer says. It is very noticeable, the car almost feels like it stalls and then lunges every time the engine shuts off then restarts. Also, when the engine shuts off at a stop, the air conditioning gets very warm and the fan speed reduces dramatically. With summer temperatures in the 90's right now, it gets very warm in the car when the engine shuts off.

Butte Red/Brownstone 2014 Malibu 2LTZ
By evnsptc on 05/05/14 22:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I ordered my 2014 Malibu with all of the options and received it within a month (7 months ago). It now has 18K miles and has been averaging 24 City and 32 Highway which is much better than the cars estimates of 21 City and 30 Highway. It has only been in the shop for regular maintenance so far. This is my first Chevrolet, but one of the many GM vehicles I have owned. The interior is exceptionally quiet (not library silent like Buick), functional, and comfortable. I have taken it down to Texas from Indiana and it is a great trip vehicle! The ride and handling are far more superior than the Fusion, Accord, and Sonata. I work for General Motors as an associate engineer, but am not biased

not bad chevy, not bad!
By mattyvp on 04/18/14 11:03 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

i enjoy the zippy buzzy 2.5 4-cylinder, it pretty sufficient of moving the car swiftly. very nice ride for what it is, but can be floaty and too bouncy, while road noise is well controlled, rear seat space is smaller than i'd like but its not that big of a car. the biggest complain is the rear seats though. they are very hard and literally hurt me and my passengers, but no complaints with the front ones, they're rather comfy. the dash and leather are nice soft materials, but some dash parts seem just glued on and put on in a rush almost. the media system is also rather hard to comprehend and can be very confusing at first but becomes easier over time; also the stereo is pretty lack luster.

2014 2LT
By petrack on 03/28/14 20:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My company allowed me to order a new company car about 7 weeks ago. I ordered a Malibu 2LT black/black over both the Fusion Hybrid and Camry Hybrid. It took five weeks to the day to get. I travel frequently and have rented all of them, but liked the way the Malibu drove the best. After a week and 1200 miles, I'm still glad I chose it. Plenty of power (2.5), handles decent (I guess it's received some suspension, steering and engine upgrades since the 2013). More than enough room for what a I need.

Love My New Malibu 2T
By reginanita on 03/03/14 19:46 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Never thought I would enjoy a small car after driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 but I love it. I am still getting used to the shifting. We bought it mid January. Everything else is higher than me on the road but even in the Jeep there were many taller than me. It has a Driver Leather Power seat. Good rear vision along with the backup camera. Seems peppy enough but have yet to tromp on it to avoid accident. Interior is beautiful and blue lighting adds ambiance. Touch controls are easy and Screen easy to read. So many new features and I love them all. Steering is tight and responsive. For Auto/Stop everyhing has to be running in optium perfection. Warm engine, A/C and fans not too high.

Love my 14 Malibu
By murrietaal on 03/03/14 13:00 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I believe the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ is a great car for the price. The features are what you expect to find on a car costing twice what I paid. Shortly after my purchase I took the car on a "shakedown cruise" to Laughlin, Nevada, about a 300 mile drive each way from my home. The car performed flawlessly and I got just short of 30 mpg for the round trip, including a 20 mile drive in stop and go traffic on the return trip.

Love My New 2014 2LT Malibu
By reginanita on 02/13/14 15:41 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have not had a small car for 13 years. Used to drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Have had it for 1 month and use it to tool around town. No long trips yet. The Stop/Rest works occasionally. Seats could be softer but the foam is dense so that's good. Blowers come on rather slowly. Fav Pages on Radio do not go back but must go thru 6 pages to go back to Pg 1. I feel it is shifting rough but may just not be used to the constant shifting. Support from GM and local Dealership is excellent. They are trying hard to please. Every time I return from a drive I tell my husband, "I love the Malibu." It handles great. Learning all the fun stuff, Sirius, AllStar etc. No plain Jane this time.

The Malibu 1LT gives you a lot of value for the price.
By khk on 01/28/14 13:31 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We took delivery of our 2014 Malibu 1LT in early January. It came equipped with the driver convenience package which gives me a lot of extra features such as 8 way power seat, rear vision camera, remote vehicle start, ect. Handling and ride are excellent. Road noise is almost nonexistant. The engine is quite perky for a 4 cylinder, which was a pleasant surprise. Although I was very concerned about the stop/start feature, it has performed flawlessly. It stops and starts so quickly and smoothly, I hardly notice it. It has loads of storage space and convenience features.. It is a very fun car to drive, and we are very pleased with our purchase.

2014 malibu ltz 2.5L nice vehicle
By dirty_ken on 01/20/14 06:51 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I took delivery in early December and now have about 3000 mi. Car has all options except turbo and nav. Did not desire either. Prefer using reg gas and better economy. Prefer using identical Garmins in all the family vehicles. The techno safety features (blind spot, lane alert, cross traffic, collision alert, etc) are reason for buying car and they work great. I wish it had rain sense wipers, active cruise, locking gas cap, and rear heat ducts. Very quiet and smooth. Not a performance car for handling or power. I am a little disappointed with 30 mpg highway and 24 mpg city so far. Hoping it improves after break in.

Malibu over others in segment
By l454s on 01/03/14 23:28 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had an Accord, son had an Altima, son in law had a Camry. Wife and I know the segment well. After lots of comparing, ended up going with the Malibu as the most car for the money without any compromises. First tank of gas (highway) yielded 36mpg, as have subsequent fill ups. Stop/Start has engaged a few times, almost didn't notice. Ride and cabin noise are on a par or slightly better than others in segment. Chevy My Link system works well with voice commands, bluetooth, and USB thumb drive music. Homelink mated up easily with garage door at home. So far everything works as advertised and we are very satisfied with our purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$133 per month*