2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Painful

2013 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

By amanda0310 on

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was so excited to purchase my new Malibu. The style is sleek, elegant, and sporty all in one. The MPG is right around 27 for me personally. My biggest problem is the comfort. I didn't notice it until two days later when my back was in so much pain. The head rest forces your head forward and they are not completely removable. The lumbar section of the seat is not positioned correctly and is rather stiff. I have tried different pillows, reclining the seat completely back and sitting up free style (which is super uncomfortable). I've spoken with 2 customer services reps from GM who passed it back and forth only to pass it on to the dealership which in return said there was nothing they could

continued... do. My back is in full blown pain. I drove my second car for a few days and not one problem. Switched back to the Malibu today and so irritated with the pain that I am writing this review to help others make a more wise decision than I did, and will be calling a chiropractor first thing in the morning. Also one other flaw is the massive blind spots. Using your side mirrors is a must. The vehicle only has 9,000 miles on it and it is losing power already! I've only had the car 1 month. I purchased it at 8,000 mi.

Blind Spots Lack of storage spaces in the car Front seats
By nancycap
on 12/26/14 14:34 PM (PST)

Funny you mentioned that because when I first bought my 2013 Malibu for about 3 months I had a pain that shot down my leg every time I drove it. I tried everything too, moving the seat, reclining, pillows etc and nothing helped. It was a back issue, I could tell, that made that pain. When I'd take my foot off the gas pedal, it would stop. It finally worked itself out after awhile thank God because I wasnt lovin driving my new Malibu. It only happened when I drove my car, not when I drove any other type of vehicle.