2013 Chevrolet Malibu 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic w/Premium Audio Consumer Review - Mostly better than last model

2013 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan w/Premium Audio (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Eco Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic w/Premium Audio)

Mostly better than last model
By g_davis52 on

I traded my 2010 Malibu LTZ for the 2013 ECO, and was expecting better fuel economy. While the upgraded interior and quality of materials are vastly improved, I can't understand why Chevy put in an inferior Pioneer stereo. I listen to the stereo every time I get in the car, and admittedly pretty loud with the windows down. The Pioneer has really bad distorcion cranked all the way up and I never had that problem in my 2010 LTZ.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, interior design, updated technology features, slight improvement in fuel economy over the V6.

Suggested Improvements

Change back to the Bose stereo. I went back to the dealer where they still have 2012 Malibu LTZ's and showed him the difference. He said, yeah, they are all like that, don't know why we can't order the Bose anymore. He thought that the LTZ's will have the Bose when they arrive later this year. Maybe I traded in too soon.