Love my Malibu but do not like the flimsy lip
By dave_e on
2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
This car is fantastic in so many ways. Just after purchase we took a trip up into the Arizona white mountains and the Malibu handled the climbs with ease. My only complaints are that the car is a little jerky in shifting at lower speeds, the lip under the front bumper is very flimsy and has already fell apart, and the interior roof console where the built in garage door opener was pretty loose when we bought the car. As far as the lip, the dealer refused to cover it under warranty, but, they are replacing the roof console to secure it better. The only thing that secures the lip to the plastic lip bracket is glue. I am going to try pop rivets.
Favorite Features
Performance on the highway is very good. This is a great car to travel in. We like the bluetooth capability for the phone so that we do hands free easily. We like the built in garage door opener buttons. The factory sound system is really nice and even has sub woofers and with this sound system music sounds great even at low volumes. Love the power sun roof. We choose the brown and tan leather interior and we love the combination of these colors and the look and feel of the interior. Love the automatic headlights. It is nice to not even think about turning headlight on or off.
Suggested Improvements
A better bumper lip is badly needed. I looked at the design of the 2014 Impala and it is much more sturdy and robust. As far as the jerky shifting on lower speeds goes some of this can be smoothed out by the driver and I haven't tried the manual shift option other than for when going down a steep grade. The manual shift option for going a steep grade worked very well. Air condition vents for the rear cabin would have been a very nice option for the Malibu