2013 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
High Quality Interior and Great Ride
By roadwarrior26 on 07/17/12 17:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan w/Premium Audio (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

This is a great car. I have over 2000 miles on the car already and its averaging 33 mpg. Its a smooth car to drive and has more than adequate pick up speed when passing other cars on the road. The interior and exterior of the vehicle are very attractive and its a real pleasure to drive.

Solid Vehicle
By jtaft on 07/14/12 19:01 PM (PDT)

I picked this car up to be my wife's everyday driver - love it, the stop/start feature is great going back and forth to work every day in bumper to bumper traffic - she's got a little over 5k miles on it so far and she's be averaging 32 mpg combined, took it on one reasonably long trip and got 39 mpg - the 2.4 ecotec was one of Wards 10 best engines - car is very quiet, zero wind noise, even at highway speeds - however, the low rolling resistance tires pronounce road noise, that being said, it's still more quiet than any other vehicle in the segment

Mostly better than last model
By g_davis52 on 06/03/12 10:10 AM (PDT)

I traded my 2010 Malibu LTZ for the 2013 ECO, and was expecting better fuel economy. While the upgraded interior and quality of materials are vastly improved, I can't understand why Chevy put in an inferior Pioneer stereo. I listen to the stereo every time I get in the car, and admittedly pretty loud with the windows down. The Pioneer has really bad distorcion cranked all the way up and I never had that problem in my 2010 LTZ.

2013 Malibu Eco
By daniel521 on 05/06/12 07:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

This is a Great car. I have 2000 miles on the car and am averaging 30 MPG. I drive some freeway but mostly city/suburb. As long as you don’t speed or drive aggressively you will get at or above EPA estimated fuel mileage. Also, the fit and finish and ride quality is very good.

2013 Malibu
By sipper1 on 04/07/12 19:56 PM (PDT)

So far, we have owned the car for one week with one extended trip. MPG is what we expected, but when driving in the 55 mph zones, the mpg exceeds the EPA mileage. The quiet ride, smoothness, and overall comfort are quite impressive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$138 per month*