Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Malibu now a great car
By hansup

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

13 Malibu has more power, gets better mileage, has more room, and is quieter than my 2000 BMW 323i.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage. My commute is 30 miles one way, mixed city/highway. The Malibu gets 34 MPG from my driveway and back with a little driver effort. Outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Versus the 323i, the Malibu does not give the confidence on the twisty open road, but it may be just as fast. Considering that is less than 1% of the time behind the wheel, I like the Malibu.

Best Buy so far
By nobbyclarke

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Ive had my Malibu for a couple of weeks now, It's a beautiful vehicle. I think they made a mistake with the quality and price. I am expecting a call any day now telling me I paid too little and I owe them 5 grand. And do you know, I might just pay it.

Favorite Features

The look, the mpg, the look, the roominess, the look, the power of the 2.5, the look, instrument positioning, the look. Steering whel positioning, the look. I look out my living room window and see my Malibu in the driveway, I think "Man, that's one beautiful tool sitting there" And I shout "OK everyone, were going for a drive' lets go!"

Suggested Improvements

Oversize tyres, tinted window as standard.

Miss my (quiet) 2009 Malibu LS
By 2013malibu

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I agree that my 2013 is all around much improved on than my traded 2009 LS. I have to say I am let down since I was anticipating a quiet cabin ride as all the auto site reviewers have endorsed. Well, I am not experiencing the "quiet" in my new malibu. I have a annoying vibration/buzz that presents itself when in low gear/ between gears but faithfully dissapears when I accelerate. Did'nt notice this during test drive otherwise I would of hung on to my 2009 Malibu!

Favorite Features

Interior much improved, smoother ride, really like the aggressive exterior look.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the front end (nose) of this car was higher. The slightest incline on a driveway and you hear the sound of scraping plastic. Also I think 17 "tires should of been standard on these New Malibus, 16's seem too small for the frame of this car.

Best Kept Secret
By newbie1968

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Best kept secret out there, a real value for the money. I got a 1LT with the conv package and am impressed with the features for the money. Great car for little money (low 20's...)

Favorite Features

MY Link Radio and connectivity with my I Phone and projection headlamps for driving at night...

Suggested Improvements

Availability of leather as a option on 1 LT Option, and more colors to choose from.

Constant problems
By kjhansen1

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car used--1 year old-- in July. Less than 2000 miles later both rear wheel bearings went out. I sold my 1995 Cadillac @ 217000 miles and had never replaced a wheel bearing. I have a 2002 Suburban with 190000 miles on it and have never replaced a wheel bearing. A month later the water pump failed... When does a vehicle with less than 23,000 miles on it have a water pump fail? So, 6 months later, one of the replacement wheel bearings failed. Also the dash lights fail to come on randomly--the dealership can't figure it out.

Favorite Features

Power is great for a 4 cylinder. Love the heated seats and the Sirius radio, handling is great, luggage room is great. Gas mileage isn't as good as advertised, but still not bad. Lots of front legroom, but not so much rear legroom if the front seats are back. If it were reliable we'd love it!

Suggested Improvements

Put better parts on it.