2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Good Car, Poor Assembly Quality...
By ocker on 12/07/12 08:24 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the third Malibu we have purchased since 2004 (from the same dealer and the same sales representative) and each model has been better than its predecessor. The 2013 model has an excellent power train – the 2.0 liter turbo charged 4-cylinder engine, coupled with the new 6-speed automatic transmission, performs better than the 3.0 liter V6 engine in our previous 2008 model. The interior and exterior are both well designed, the interior is comfortable, and the car drives and rides well. I have only driven the vehicle 200 miles to date so can’t comment on fuel economy yet, although my first top-up suggests that it will meet the EPA city mileage estimate.

2013 Malibu Transmission went OUT!!!
By howsebaby on 11/19/12 12:14 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Yes...at 2333 miles ya'll! I was in the middle of 5pm traffic in Little Rock, AR and when I went to make a left turn at a VERY busy intersection, my BRAND NEW 2013 Malibu would go NO WHERE! Luckily I was less than about 100 ft from the dealership where I "leased" it.. Long story short...being it was a lease, it went BACK! ASAP!!! I dont know if anyone else has yet to have this horrible experience yet, but I can definitely feel yet another recall coming on for these cars... I loved that car too!!

Classy Car
By tanner11 on 10/03/12 19:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our LTZ last week. The color and interior we wanted, White Diamond and Brownstone, was not available in the Chicago area. Our dealer found the car we wanted in Indiana a three hour drive away. We are very pleased with the car which has the Electronics pkg, LTZ Premium pkg and Advanced Safety Pkg. It is very quiet and comfortable. My wife drives the car and has shared that she has received compliments from from people she does not know. This is a car we may have for a while.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in VA is:

$142 per month*