Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Best Kept Secret
By newbie1968

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Best kept secret out there, a real value for the money. I got a 1LT with the conv package and am impressed with the features for the money. Great car for little money (low 20's...)

MY Link Radio and connectivity with my I Phone and projection headlamps for driving at night...

Availability of leather as a option on 1 LT Option, and more colors to choose from.

Miss my (quiet) 2009 Malibu LS
By 2013malibu

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I agree that my 2013 is all around much improved on than my traded 2009 LS. I have to say I am let down since I was anticipating a quiet cabin ride as all the auto site reviewers have endorsed. Well, I am not experiencing the "quiet" in my new malibu. I have a annoying vibration/buzz that presents itself when in low gear/ between gears but faithfully dissapears when I accelerate. Did'nt notice this during test drive otherwise I would of hung on to my 2009 Malibu!

Interior much improved, smoother ride, really like the aggressive exterior look.

Wish the front end (nose) of this car was higher. The slightest incline on a driveway and you hear the sound of scraping plastic. Also I think 17 "tires should of been standard on these New Malibus, 16's seem too small for the frame of this car.

Best Buy so far
By nobbyclarke

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Ive had my Malibu for a couple of weeks now, It's a beautiful vehicle. I think they made a mistake with the quality and price. I am expecting a call any day now telling me I paid too little and I owe them 5 grand. And do you know, I might just pay it.

The look, the mpg, the look, the roominess, the look, the power of the 2.5, the look, instrument positioning, the look. Steering whel positioning, the look. I look out my living room window and see my Malibu in the driveway, I think "Man, that's one beautiful tool sitting there" And I shout "OK everyone, were going for a drive' lets go!"

Oversize tyres, tinted window as standard.

This car is a blessing from god himself!!!
By omar18

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle handles like a dream and is hands down the best mpg car I have ever owned. The stylish interior and the uncanny or almost supernatural exterior designs are amazing!!! It is an incredible work of art. I feel so blessed that I choose to buy one. If the word gets out this vehicle should be the car of the year no doubts about it!!!

I can't believe it's not an import!
By kkear3

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This 2013 Malibu is all the reasons we used to buy import cars. It's quiet inside, good looking on the outside, has amazing tech, plenty of power, gets great gas mileage( 31 MPG rural driving), excellent paint work, all priced lower than most everything else. I don't know why GM couldn't or didn't build cars like this 30 years ago; I am just glad they do now. I was going to lease a Camry SE to replace my aging Tundra which needed several VERY expensive repairs (!!!!) but the Malibu has more equipment and is 30% less in both down money and monthly payment. Best of all the 2013 Malibu is SO much better looking than the "dopey" looking 2013 Camry. Gotta love the cool blue interior illumination.

MyLink, clean eye-catching styling, standard equipment levels, powerful and smooth 4 cylinder engine. The interior lights up a cool blue at night-it feels like one of those trendy clubs that serve vodka and Red Bull.

Optional spare tire the lower trim levels-I'll get one for a couple bucks at Harry's U-Pull-It. Folding mirrors would be nice for parking on narrow streets but GM probably had to save money somewhere to offer the car at this price.