Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Love the new 2013 Chevy Malibu, great design.
By kuekio

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really love this car. I bought the 1LS model and it rides wonderfully, looks sporty. Maybe this vehicle is a little more expensive than competitors, but this is a classic American auto. I bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla and I had serious steering problems so I changed it for this new 2013 Malibu. The Malibu has a great smooth ride and that the interior is comfortable and excellent design. The car gets mpg just like it says, 37mpg open road and 31mpg in town. Not many cars will get that good right out of the gate. In my experience, I went to Alabama driving around 58 mph average and the car did 52mpg!

Design exterior and interior, smooth ride. Mpg

Radio Sound is not good

Malibu now a great car
By hansup

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

13 Malibu has more power, gets better mileage, has more room, and is quieter than my 2000 BMW 323i.

Great gas mileage. My commute is 30 miles one way, mixed city/highway. The Malibu gets 34 MPG from my driveway and back with a little driver effort. Outstanding.

Versus the 323i, the Malibu does not give the confidence on the twisty open road, but it may be just as fast. Considering that is less than 1% of the time behind the wheel, I like the Malibu.

Great car
By gunjp56

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After reading the professional reviews on this car I was hesitant to buy one. I took several mid size cars for a drive and actually found the Malibu to be quite comfortable and responsive, the price was also competitive. I have a little over 3000 miles on mine now and I am very glad I made that choice.

The touch screen system.

None

Love my Malibu but do not like the flimsy lip
By dave_e

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is fantastic in so many ways. Just after purchase we took a trip up into the Arizona white mountains and the Malibu handled the climbs with ease. My only complaints are that the car is a little jerky in shifting at lower speeds, the lip under the front bumper is very flimsy and has already fell apart, and the interior roof console where the built in garage door opener was pretty loose when we bought the car. As far as the lip, the dealer refused to cover it under warranty, but, they are replacing the roof console to secure it better. The only thing that secures the lip to the plastic lip bracket is glue. I am going to try pop rivets.

Performance on the highway is very good. This is a great car to travel in. We like the bluetooth capability for the phone so that we do hands free easily. We like the built in garage door opener buttons. The factory sound system is really nice and even has sub woofers and with this sound system music sounds great even at low volumes. Love the power sun roof. We choose the brown and tan leather interior and we love the combination of these colors and the look and feel of the interior. Love the automatic headlights. It is nice to not even think about turning headlight on or off.

A better bumper lip is badly needed. I looked at the design of the 2014 Impala and it is much more sturdy and robust. As far as the jerky shifting on lower speeds goes some of this can be smoothed out by the driver and I haven't tried the manual shift option other than for when going down a steep grade. The manual shift option for going a steep grade worked very well. Air condition vents for the rear cabin would have been a very nice option for the Malibu

Impressed so far...
By tlimbert65

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has some pretty stiff competition in the Camry, Accord, Altima and Sonata, but I wanted to buy American from a local dealer, if I could. After comparing, I was impressed enough to buy the Malibu. It's roomy, quiet, comfortable, powerful, and pretty nice looking. The electronics features (OnStar, Bluetooth phone integration, XM radio, driver info system) are handy and work great. Fuel economy was a concern for me, based on ratings, but I've been averaging 31 in my daily commuting (mostly highway) and I've measured tanks of 34 and 36.

Quiet and smooth. Powerful engine. Nice electronics features.

Styling is just a bit over the top, in some areas. Not a fan of the Camaro-inspired taillights, or the huge expanse of grille. Also, the design makes the car appear to lean forward much more than it actually does. Could stand to have more interior storage compartments (I'm spoiled by my '08 Elantra).