Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Vroom Vroom!!!!
By Macy

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Its a real awesome car , people talk bad about it for some reason , they say go with toyota or honda when they dont realize every car will give you problems , it is how you take care of your car. This LT model is amazing and drives smooth , interior beats any car i have driven and has a sexy look to it . the 2014 model is also a nice aggressive looking model i love them all!!!!!!

Great American car!!
By Eric Hayes

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my '13 Malibu LTZ for a handful of months now. Bought it used with 31k miles on it. Around 34k miles I had to replace one of the rear wheel bearings, but fortunately it was still under warranty.

I do have to say I am not getting good mpg at all. I have had tanks down at 22.5mpg and as high as 27.5mpg, so nowhere near the claimed mpg. Trans d/n shift smoothly at all especially on downshift.

Other than that, love the car! Great design, very comfortable, great radio with Bluetooth and XM. Better than some more expensive cars of same year. Owned a '05 Malibu Classic, gotta say, Chevy has come a long way with this car! Definite buy for the $! Better value when buy used

Gotta admit, the exterior design is great for this midsize car! Compared to the '13 Camry, Accord, Mazda 6, and Jetta - the Malibu is head and shoulders above the competition! Interior is definitely more substantial than those models as well! Love the radio as the UI is perfect and great connectivity with Bluetooth! Much more robust than other higher end cars Bluetooth connections.

MPG not doing it for me. I don't drive hard in most conditions. Of course there are times I'm driving it fast and I understand lower mpg. But have averaged 22.5mpg to 27.5mpg in all of the tanks that I have clocked (which is most). Also need to figure out something with the shifting of transmission, not so smooth there. Let's get some cooled seats as well! Love the heated seats, but sure would be nice to have cooled seats too.

Constant problems
By kjhansen1

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car used--1 year old-- in July. Less than 2000 miles later both rear wheel bearings went out. I sold my 1995 Cadillac @ 217000 miles and had never replaced a wheel bearing. I have a 2002 Suburban with 190000 miles on it and have never replaced a wheel bearing. A month later the water pump failed... When does a vehicle with less than 23,000 miles on it have a water pump fail? So, 6 months later, one of the replacement wheel bearings failed. Also the dash lights fail to come on randomly--the dealership can't figure it out.

Power is great for a 4 cylinder. Love the heated seats and the Sirius radio, handling is great, luggage room is great. Gas mileage isn't as good as advertised, but still not bad. Lots of front legroom, but not so much rear legroom if the front seats are back. If it were reliable we'd love it!

Put better parts on it.

Painful
By amanda0310

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was so excited to purchase my new Malibu. The style is sleek, elegant, and sporty all in one. The MPG is right around 27 for me personally. My biggest problem is the comfort. I didn't notice it until two days later when my back was in so much pain. The head rest forces your head forward and they are not completely removable.
The lumbar section of the seat is not positioned correctly and is rather stiff. I have tried different pillows, reclining the seat completely back and sitting up free style (which is super uncomfortable). I've spoken with 2 customer services reps from GM who passed it back and forth only to pass it on to the dealership which in return said there was nothing they could

continued... do. My back is in full blown pain. I drove my second car for a few days and not one problem. Switched back to the Malibu today and so irritated with the pain that I am writing this review to help others make a more wise decision than I did, and will be calling a chiropractor first thing in the morning. Also one other flaw is the massive blind spots. Using your side mirrors is a must. The vehicle only has 9,000 miles on it and it is losing power already! I've only had the car 1 month. I purchased it at 8,000 mi.

Blind Spots Lack of storage spaces in the car Front seats

Built American at it's Best!
By usmretired

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I can only find a couple things I would do differently with this car which are include a full size spare with the same alloy wheel that's on the car, and include fog lights on all the models.

Now let me start by expressing how much I love this car. I love this car! Chevrolet hit the ball out of the park on the 2013 Malibu.

This car looks really great, I get compliments all the time. The car is so quiet inside when being driven, he handles very well, pretty good acceleration too.

The fit and finish in this car with the blue accent lighting allows me to really relax at night and enjoy the ride!

Back up camera, blue accent lighting, interior design, alloy wheels, body design, etc.

Needs a full size regular spare tire on the same alloy wheels that come on the car. Fog lights should be standard on the LT.