Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

2013 Malibu
By Tanya

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my 2013 Malibu I really like the car but I only had it a week & it's overheating already gotta take it 2 get fixed asap

Electrical problems
By Patrick

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2013 Malibu 2LT is having a major issue that can cause a serious accident.. The steering and all electronics shut down while I'm driving. The motor remains running but all electronics shut completely down. The dealer won't fix this issue and I will put the biggest lawsuit on Chevy if I get into an accident

KING OF THE HILL
By BOB ALLENBY

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

YOU ARE GETTING THE BEST FOR THE PRICE ON THE MARKET.after driving more than 10,000 miles in the last 6 months my malibu is all a driver could wish for in a car it is the best

Vroom Vroom!!!!
By Macy

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Its a real awesome car , people talk bad about it for some reason , they say go with toyota or honda when they dont realize every car will give you problems , it is how you take care of your car. This LT model is amazing and drives smooth , interior beats any car i have driven and has a sexy look to it . the 2014 model is also a nice aggressive looking model i love them all!!!!!!

Great American car!!
By Eric Hayes

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my '13 Malibu LTZ for a handful of months now. Bought it used with 31k miles on it. Around 34k miles I had to replace one of the rear wheel bearings, but fortunately it was still under warranty.

I do have to say I am not getting good mpg at all. I have had tanks down at 22.5mpg and as high as 27.5mpg, so nowhere near the claimed mpg. Trans d/n shift smoothly at all especially on downshift.

Other than that, love the car! Great design, very comfortable, great radio with Bluetooth and XM. Better than some more expensive cars of same year. Owned a '05 Malibu Classic, gotta say, Chevy has come a long way with this car! Definite buy for the $! Better value when buy used

Gotta admit, the exterior design is great for this midsize car! Compared to the '13 Camry, Accord, Mazda 6, and Jetta - the Malibu is head and shoulders above the competition! Interior is definitely more substantial than those models as well! Love the radio as the UI is perfect and great connectivity with Bluetooth! Much more robust than other higher end cars Bluetooth connections.

MPG not doing it for me. I don't drive hard in most conditions. Of course there are times I'm driving it fast and I understand lower mpg. But have averaged 22.5mpg to 27.5mpg in all of the tanks that I have clocked (which is most). Also need to figure out something with the shifting of transmission, not so smooth there. Let's get some cooled seats as well! Love the heated seats, but sure would be nice to have cooled seats too.