2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Built American at it's Best!
By usmretired on 11/06/13 03:21 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I can only find a couple things I would do differently with this car which are include a full size spare with the same alloy wheel that's on the car, and include fog lights on all the models. Now let me start by expressing how much I love this car. I love this car! Chevrolet hit the ball out of the park on the 2013 Malibu. This car looks really great, I get compliments all the time. The car is so quiet inside when being driven, he handles very well, pretty good acceleration too. The fit and finish in this car with the blue accent lighting allows me to really relax at night and enjoy the ride!

Love the new 2013 Chevy Malibu, great design.
By kuekio on 10/30/13 13:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really love this car. I bought the 1LS model and it rides wonderfully, looks sporty. Maybe this vehicle is a little more expensive than competitors, but this is a classic American auto. I bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla and I had serious steering problems so I changed it for this new 2013 Malibu. The Malibu has a great smooth ride and that the interior is comfortable and excellent design. The car gets mpg just like it says, 37mpg open road and 31mpg in town. Not many cars will get that good right out of the gate. In my experience, I went to Alabama driving around 58 mph average and the car did 52mpg!

Malibu now a great car
By hansup on 10/17/13 09:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

13 Malibu has more power, gets better mileage, has more room, and is quieter than my 2000 BMW 323i.

Great car
By gunjp56 on 10/13/13 15:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After reading the professional reviews on this car I was hesitant to buy one. I took several mid size cars for a drive and actually found the Malibu to be quite comfortable and responsive, the price was also competitive. I have a little over 3000 miles on mine now and I am very glad I made that choice.

Love my Malibu but do not like the flimsy lip
By dave_e on 08/10/13 09:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is fantastic in so many ways. Just after purchase we took a trip up into the Arizona white mountains and the Malibu handled the climbs with ease. My only complaints are that the car is a little jerky in shifting at lower speeds, the lip under the front bumper is very flimsy and has already fell apart, and the interior roof console where the built in garage door opener was pretty loose when we bought the car. As far as the lip, the dealer refused to cover it under warranty, but, they are replacing the roof console to secure it better. The only thing that secures the lip to the plastic lip bracket is glue. I am going to try pop rivets.

Impressed so far...
By tlimbert65 on 08/09/13 07:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has some pretty stiff competition in the Camry, Accord, Altima and Sonata, but I wanted to buy American from a local dealer, if I could. After comparing, I was impressed enough to buy the Malibu. It's roomy, quiet, comfortable, powerful, and pretty nice looking. The electronics features (OnStar, Bluetooth phone integration, XM radio, driver info system) are handy and work great. Fuel economy was a concern for me, based on ratings, but I've been averaging 31 in my daily commuting (mostly highway) and I've measured tanks of 34 and 36.

Best Kept Secret
By newbie1968 on 07/15/13 19:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Best kept secret out there, a real value for the money. I got a 1LT with the conv package and am impressed with the features for the money. Great car for little money (low 20's...)

Miss my (quiet) 2009 Malibu LS
By 2013malibu on 07/03/13 09:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I agree that my 2013 is all around much improved on than my traded 2009 LS. I have to say I am let down since I was anticipating a quiet cabin ride as all the auto site reviewers have endorsed. Well, I am not experiencing the "quiet" in my new malibu. I have a annoying vibration/buzz that presents itself when in low gear/ between gears but faithfully dissapears when I accelerate. Did'nt notice this during test drive otherwise I would of hung on to my 2009 Malibu!

Best Buy so far
By nobbyclarke on 06/22/13 09:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Ive had my Malibu for a couple of weeks now, It's a beautiful vehicle. I think they made a mistake with the quality and price. I am expecting a call any day now telling me I paid too little and I owe them 5 grand. And do you know, I might just pay it.

This car is a blessing from god himself!!!
By omar18 on 06/02/13 16:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle handles like a dream and is hands down the best mpg car I have ever owned. The stylish interior and the uncanny or almost supernatural exterior designs are amazing!!! It is an incredible work of art. I feel so blessed that I choose to buy one. If the word gets out this vehicle should be the car of the year no doubts about it!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in NJ is:

$234 per month*