2013 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Choose Wisely...
By panglossian on 11/21/13 13:34 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Eco 4dr Sedan w/Premium Audio (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

As others, I compared most of the mid-size vehicles. I wanted to buy American (if that is really possible nowadays). Each car has their own benefits, and despite media comments, none really stand out as a clear leader of the pack. Be careful if you select this model. Its still a fine vehicle, though there are some issues. The 13 Eco is one of a kind, as it appears to be discontinued in 14 (the base 2.5L gets the same mpg). Many of the features advertised in the normal vehicles are not in the Eco. Mine was advertised to have 10 airbags, though only has 7. Nor does it have the MyLink radio, so forget about Pandora and the other neat features. I recommend waiting for a 2014.

Malibu Outshines the Others
By karenandcarl on 11/07/13 18:21 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Edmunds was not all positive about the 2013 Malibu, but we looked at and drove all the other brands and Malibu comfort and quality outshine them all. The only other one close is Fusion. We love our car and hope anyone in the market takes a close look at this car that is an American car, and has a high [HTML removed] rating.

Fantastic refined midsize sedan
By curved on 04/22/13 14:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I bought a '13 Malibu ECO last week and have been loving it. Compared to other mid size cars I've driven, this new Malibu is something special. It offers a rewarding, precise drive, highly refined drivetrain, top-of-the-class interior, and great seats for tall people. Its compromises are an only moderately impressive fuel economy figure and moderate size interior. I have owned some very fast cars, and the suspension on this car is one of the most impressive I have driven. It manages to have luxury-level refinement while being very precise and settled during high speed cornering. If you're looking for a mid size car with very high refinement, this is it.

Excellant
By c4ddym4n on 03/12/13 14:18 PM (PDT)

Love this Malibu. I traded my 2010 2LT with 59k miles for this ECO 2SA with leather. I travel city/hwy and was getting 24MPG now I am getting 29 MPG City/Hwy. Less engine noise and more power. Shuts engine off at stop lights, restarts when I remove my foot from the brake, seamless.

2013 Malibu ECO 2SA
By ticner58 on 12/10/12 07:36 AM (PST)

I can't understand all of the negative reviews about this car that are out there from certain publications. I now have 3000 miles and simply love this car. I just did a 880 mile one way trip on all interstate driving and averaged 34.3 mpg. This is while driving between 70 & 77 mph all of the way. Under regular driving, 55-60, I have attained over 40 mpg while commuting to work (18 miles one way). Some publications say to purchase the Camry, Pris or Sonota hybrids over this car. Go ahead and price them out using 2SA option, add a sunroof and see what price you get. I found that I was able to get exactly what I wanted, without getting other options that I didn't want or need with the Malibu.

Impressive first drive
By tradosaurus on 11/23/12 15:35 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

After owning a 2008 Honda Accord and then test driving a 2013 Honda Accord I opted to buy the 2013 Chevy Malibu Eco after test driving it. I was impressed with the interior road noise as well as the exterior and interior design. It reminded me of my 2010 Camaro I use to own. I only have 100 miles on it so I will update this review in a few thousand miles. Hopefully it will be positive.

Feel smart for buying this car
By dgl7 on 08/04/12 05:42 AM (PDT)

The ride of this car is very smooth and very quiet.It's not going to win any contests in the 0-60MPH area, but it will get 30-32 MPG in mixed highway and city driving.Strictly highway driving will yield at least the 37mpg that it's rated for and possibly more depending how heavy your foot gets.Previously had an Acura TL,and I can say that the Malibu outshines the TL in nearly every category.Interior materials including leather are high quality. MyLink system fully integrates with my iPhone including putting album art on the screen. This car is a joy to drive and when I look around at other sedans like the TL or the Lexus IS I feel pretty smart with my decision to buy the Malibu for much less

High Quality Interior and Great Ride
By roadwarrior26 on 07/17/12 17:25 PM (PDT)

This is a great car. I have over 2000 miles on the car already and its averaging 33 mpg. Its a smooth car to drive and has more than adequate pick up speed when passing other cars on the road. The interior and exterior of the vehicle are very attractive and its a real pleasure to drive.

Solid Vehicle
By jtaft on 07/14/12 19:01 PM (PDT)

I picked this car up to be my wife's everyday driver - love it, the stop/start feature is great going back and forth to work every day in bumper to bumper traffic - she's got a little over 5k miles on it so far and she's be averaging 32 mpg combined, took it on one reasonably long trip and got 39 mpg - the 2.4 ecotec was one of Wards 10 best engines - car is very quiet, zero wind noise, even at highway speeds - however, the low rolling resistance tires pronounce road noise, that being said, it's still more quiet than any other vehicle in the segment

Mostly better than last model
By g_davis52 on 06/03/12 10:10 AM (PDT)

I traded my 2010 Malibu LTZ for the 2013 ECO, and was expecting better fuel economy. While the upgraded interior and quality of materials are vastly improved, I can't understand why Chevy put in an inferior Pioneer stereo. I listen to the stereo every time I get in the car, and admittedly pretty loud with the windows down. The Pioneer has really bad distorcion cranked all the way up and I never had that problem in my 2010 LTZ.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid in VA is:

$138 per month*