Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Awesome vehicle
By Kris

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan w/Premium Audio (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

My very first vehicle and I loved it!

I can actually fit in this comfortably
By That tall guy

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is spacious in the front seat a lot more roomy than my old civic si that I gave to my brother. Very nice car transmission is a little worrisome because sometimes it drops the RPM too low for my liking. The low rpm makes the car rumble but it has been solid for me and I have put 12K miles on this since buying it with 36K miles on it. Other than a few quirks like the air conditioner coming on full blast with heat and the radio hard resetting. The car is very nice for a really nice price that I paid. I am 6 Foot 2 inches tall and have long legs I can drive this comfortably the car is so nice to steer its like butter on toast. This Malibu hasn't went through a winter in buffalo with me yet that may be a problem because the front bumper is so low to the ground but I will update this review after a winter.

MY MALIBU
By MATT FERRARA

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

GREAT CAR!!!

DANGER! NO SPARE TIRE!
By Dave H.

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has no spare tire. If you actually drive this car outside the city on real highways and roads you need to be aware that you are not prepared for the most common of all road hazards- a flat tire. In the place where the spare tire should be is a tiny plastic air pump with a small amount of sealant. The sealant will leak out onto the ground and leave a puddle of white glue and the air pump is of insufficient power to inflate the tire. You're out of luck. This is a cynical and shameful way to treat your customers Chevy.

STEERING WHEEL LOCKS WHILE DRIVING
By Kathy

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

2013 Malibu with 47,000 miles. Purchased 2015 (Certified Pre-owned)

Dealership charged me to resolve a steering wheel locking issue. The problem was caused by the battery cable connector wire not holding it’s voltage. The dealership states that this issue falls under normal ware on the vehicle and it is not covered under my warranty or the extended warranty I purchased.

How could a safety issue possible fall under Normal ware. The response from dealership, extended warranty person and Chevrolet Corp has been complacent. NO ONE IS WILLING TO HELP ME WITH THIS MANNER. I feel I should no pay for the repairs ($737). The only person who recognized this as a safety issue was the mechanic that worked on my car. He test drove the car and experience the steering wheel locking while driving in the middle of a round about. The only way to resolve the issue at that time was to turn the car off then on. You can well imagine how frightened when this happened to me.

The Chevy Malibu is being advertised as an electronic car of the future. How can you state that when the cable wires connected to the battery can’t handle the pull of multiple devices.