2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great American car!!
By Eric Hayes on 02/25/15 07:22 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my '13 Malibu LTZ for a handful of months now. Bought it used with 31k miles on it. Around 34k miles I had to replace one of the rear wheel bearings, but fortunately it was still under warranty. I do have to say I am not getting good mpg at all. I have had tanks down at 22.5mpg and as high as 27.5mpg, so nowhere near the claimed mpg. Trans d/n shift smoothly at all especially on downshift. Other than that, love the car! Great design, very comfortable, great radio with Bluetooth and XM. Better than some more expensive cars of same year. Owned a '05 Malibu Classic, gotta say, Chevy has come a long way with this car! Definite buy for the $! Better value when buy used

Constant problems
By kjhansen1 on 01/25/15 16:31 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car used--1 year old-- in July. Less than 2000 miles later both rear wheel bearings went out. I sold my 1995 Cadillac @ 217000 miles and had never replaced a wheel bearing. I have a 2002 Suburban with 190000 miles on it and have never replaced a wheel bearing. A month later the water pump failed... When does a vehicle with less than 23,000 miles on it have a water pump fail? So, 6 months later, one of the replacement wheel bearings failed. Also the dash lights fail to come on randomly--the dealership can't figure it out.

Painful
By amanda0310 on 06/23/14 21:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was so excited to purchase my new Malibu. The style is sleek, elegant, and sporty all in one. The MPG is right around 27 for me personally. My biggest problem is the comfort. I didn't notice it until two days later when my back was in so much pain. The head rest forces your head forward and they are not completely removable. The lumbar section of the seat is not positioned correctly and is rather stiff. I have tried different pillows, reclining the seat completely back and sitting up free style (which is super uncomfortable). I've spoken with 2 customer services reps from GM who passed it back and forth only to pass it on to the dealership which in return said there was nothing they could

Choose Wisely...
By panglossian on 11/21/13 13:34 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan w/Premium Audio (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

As others, I compared most of the mid-size vehicles. I wanted to buy American (if that is really possible nowadays). Each car has their own benefits, and despite media comments, none really stand out as a clear leader of the pack. Be careful if you select this model. Its still a fine vehicle, though there are some issues. The 13 Eco is one of a kind, as it appears to be discontinued in 14 (the base 2.5L gets the same mpg). Many of the features advertised in the normal vehicles are not in the Eco. Mine was advertised to have 10 airbags, though only has 7. Nor does it have the MyLink radio, so forget about Pandora and the other neat features. I recommend waiting for a 2014.

Malibu Outshines the Others
By karenandcarl on 11/07/13 18:21 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Edmunds was not all positive about the 2013 Malibu, but we looked at and drove all the other brands and Malibu comfort and quality outshine them all. The only other one close is Fusion. We love our car and hope anyone in the market takes a close look at this car that is an American car, and has a high [HTML removed] rating.

Built American at it's Best!
By usmretired on 11/06/13 03:21 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I can only find a couple things I would do differently with this car which are include a full size spare with the same alloy wheel that's on the car, and include fog lights on all the models. Now let me start by expressing how much I love this car. I love this car! Chevrolet hit the ball out of the park on the 2013 Malibu. This car looks really great, I get compliments all the time. The car is so quiet inside when being driven, he handles very well, pretty good acceleration too. The fit and finish in this car with the blue accent lighting allows me to really relax at night and enjoy the ride!

Love the new 2013 Chevy Malibu, great design.
By kuekio on 10/30/13 13:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really love this car. I bought the 1LS model and it rides wonderfully, looks sporty. Maybe this vehicle is a little more expensive than competitors, but this is a classic American auto. I bought a 2013 Toyota Corolla and I had serious steering problems so I changed it for this new 2013 Malibu. The Malibu has a great smooth ride and that the interior is comfortable and excellent design. The car gets mpg just like it says, 37mpg open road and 31mpg in town. Not many cars will get that good right out of the gate. In my experience, I went to Alabama driving around 58 mph average and the car did 52mpg!

Malibu now a great car
By hansup on 10/17/13 09:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

13 Malibu has more power, gets better mileage, has more room, and is quieter than my 2000 BMW 323i.

Great car
By gunjp56 on 10/13/13 15:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After reading the professional reviews on this car I was hesitant to buy one. I took several mid size cars for a drive and actually found the Malibu to be quite comfortable and responsive, the price was also competitive. I have a little over 3000 miles on mine now and I am very glad I made that choice.

Love my Malibu but do not like the flimsy lip
By dave_e on 08/10/13 09:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is fantastic in so many ways. Just after purchase we took a trip up into the Arizona white mountains and the Malibu handled the climbs with ease. My only complaints are that the car is a little jerky in shifting at lower speeds, the lip under the front bumper is very flimsy and has already fell apart, and the interior roof console where the built in garage door opener was pretty loose when we bought the car. As far as the lip, the dealer refused to cover it under warranty, but, they are replacing the roof console to secure it better. The only thing that secures the lip to the plastic lip bracket is glue. I am going to try pop rivets.