Excellent Deal + Hidden Features
By elpglenn on
2012 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
After shopping around and comparing the Malibu to the Accord and the Sonata, I found the Malibu to give you the most for your money. The remote start and Bluetooth pretty much came standard on most of the Malibus, plus with OnStar I am able to get turn-by-turn directions that actually SHOW UP on the radio screen. I am very impressed! I thought I would be loosing out on navigation but if not having a map is okay with you then this is a winner! Acceleration could be better but picks up pretty good for a 4-cylinder. Braking action is good and it hugs curves very well. Overall, I like all that the Malibu offers for under $25,000!
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, 120-volt plug, the OnStar app for the cell phone, and the turn-by-turn navigation on the radio that speaks and will reroute are my favorite features. I like that if you are on the phone via Bluetooth and you get off route, it will let you finish your phone call before it ask you questions about rerouting, or instead of speaking back you can just press a radio button to reroute! I also like that I don't have to call OnStar to program my routes; I can simply use the app.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the mobile app let me start and stop the car considering that for 2012, the Malibu is the only Chevy model that doesn't allow it. Also, the power seat should include a power back adjustment. I also wish there was an AC, DC, or USB plug in the center console for my cell phone. I make it work via the AC on the back of the center console, but it doesn't help keep things neat and organized. The truck opening is a tad short as I could not fit a plastic organizer I bought from Target through the opening but would have easily fit in the trunk. Lastly, I wish that the acceleration was a little smoother.
By mikeyp53
on 04/11/12 20:22 PM (PDT)

All the suggested improvements can be found standard in the Sonata. I went through the same comparisons you did including the Camry, Accord, Sonata and Fuzion. I bought the Sonata with the preferred equipment option. The power driver seat includes a power lumbar adjustment.