2011 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: So Far...So Good

2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

So Far...So Good
By damytquinn on

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned this car for 20 months and wanted to wait until this point to write a review on this Malibu. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned(and I have owned over a dozen new cars in 33years of driving). It has never been to the shop for any unscheduled service. I was not planning to trade when I did, but an unexpected windfall convinced me to trade and was glad I did! This car now has almost 25,000miles and still is as tight and quiet as the day I drove it from the dealership. Every thing works the way it is supposed to. I am averaging 26mpg in 70%/30%hwy-city driving which is NOT what I was hoping for when I bought this car, but it's not terrible.

I love the adjustable heated leather seats. The handling is good, very quiet and smooth ride. Great interior styling.

Car has thick A pillars so there are some serious blind spots. This is not a problem if you are a careful driver. Would have been nice to have a sub woofer added to the bose speaker system, the steering feel is a little too light. Gas tank only holds 16 gallons so depending on how much you drive, you might have to fill-up more often. And of course, better mpg would be nice.