love this car with one huge disappointment
By midwstguy on
2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I love this car - looks, ride, quiet, comfort and I have had absolutely no problems. I currently have 14,000 miles on it and I have had it a year. My major disappointment comes when it comes to milage my overall average mpg on this car since new is 22 mpg overall (yes I have tracked every tank). I never speed and drive very casual and this is the first car EVER that I could not achieve the advertised mpg on. I got rid of a car that would do 27 mpg all day long on the highway and 23-24 city. This car gets under 20 in town and 27-28 hwy. I ask EVERYONE I see and they all say the same thing - anyone on here that says it will do any better does not know how to track milage. 4cyl
Favorite Features
Optional Red Paint with two tone interior - very nice looking. Very solid car.
Suggested Improvements
I pod jack on face of stereo is stupid - location of seat warmers and the driving lights switch is impossible to see. Could not achieve the advertised 33 mpg idling on the back of a flatbed truck driving down the Hwy. Seriously thinking about trading off for a ford Focus Titanium. Sorry Chevy you [non-permissible content removed] and I tell everyone I see about it. I hope you tell the truth on your new Malibu at 37mpg - but I will never believe you again.
By krkid
on 06/25/12 09:49 AM (PDT)

We bought a used Malibu LTZ [2011] and on the last tankful in city driving got less than 17 mpg. This was with no idle time other than stoplights. This car also had transmission problems that GM did fix but I am very disappointed in the gas mileage. We did get 32 mpg on the highway once but on our last trip of 720 miles , mostly highway, only got around 24. Conversely, when our car was in the shop we had a 2012 Malibu and got 25 city.