Used 2011 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Problems to watch for
By papasmurf69

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Malibu for a year now. The car runs well and gets very good gas mileage out on the open road. Some real problems as we see it. The temp guage that reads the outdoor temp., it is designed not to work. It will work when you get in and go to town but then it will read that same temp until you have gone over 35mph for 5 miles or 15 minuets or something like that or if your car sits for more than 3 hours. If you stay in town the whole day it will stay on the original temp of the morning even if it goes up 40 degrees. Why I ask but GM said it was designed that way. Then there is the issue of not being able to chain the car up. Also the rear head rests obstruck your view.

Good gas mileage.

Fix the outside temp guage to work or not work. Lower the rear head rests. Put the rear brake light at the top of the rear window instead of at the bottom. At the bottome it always looks like a car behind you. Make it so you can put chains on. Some states require chains on passes. If you don't have chains you don't travel and then you are stuck.

2nd review on this car
By bwgr1985

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

OK this is my second review of this car after having it for 7 months and putting almost 18000 miles on it. as stated before i owned an 09 LS and upgraded to an 11 LTZ. I liked the car enough to buy another one so that should say something. I still stand by the majority of my first review and I still love this car, but there is one major difference. GAS MILEAGE!!! The 09 had a 4 speed auto, this one has a 6 speed auto. So I should do better on gas mileage right? wrong. I drive mostly highway and got about 75 miles more on a full tank in the 09. still not bad, but chevy is flat out lying about getting 33 miles mpg. im getting 23 with 80% highway usage. otherwise great car.

Everything I listed before. tons of features for great price.

Arm rest for rear passengers, odd placement of heated seat buttons. They are on the seat itself and can be accidentaly turned on. All wheel drive version would be awesome too but usually only found in the large sedans so understandable that the malibu doesnt offer it.

what happend ?
By meer

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a pain in the A - - -. I have already voiced my dis like of the seats. And mentioned the annoying "low pressure" warning about the tires. After receiving and E mail advising the tire pressures are low, I check with my tire gauge and sure enough one tire has 15 lbs, another has 20 lbs., another has 12 lbs and the last has 25 lbs. WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY. !!!!!!! I have never had this problem with any car I have owned. Question: Are the tires crap? Are the wheels at fault, what is going on ? And the fuel mileage is still only 23 to 24 mpg, NOT 30 !!!!! My Nissan gets 32 mpg around town. What a piece of junk. GM should be ashamed. I have contacted GM customer service and they just

NONE

Go back to the drawing board and engineer a real car. All of your sedans look alike and don't have anything to offer over your comptetiors. I'm very upset with my dicison to buy this car. Make a bold statement, show some guts, get on the right path. Like the Camero, home run. But everything else is crap.

What a car for the price
By npalino

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my malibu for almost a month now and it's the best car I have ever owned! I read all these reviews before I purchased and they are spot on. The thing performs like a 6 cyl and gets better gas mileage than the crummy aveo I traded in. Styling is terrific! When I pulled up to my girls house she thought it was a BMW. Few things I would change. 1st is the headroom' it's not bad when sitting in the vehicle but I often hit my head while entering. 2nd is there are no handles inside for the passengers to hold. 3rd, the heated seat switch is on the seat in an awkward place. Other than that it's perfect! Tight, quiet and fun to drive...big head turner too.$25,000 for luxury at it's best!

Style Comfort Info Panel

More Head Room Lock on Gas Fill Smaller Steering Wheel

Love this Car
By lbillups1

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Malibu in January of this year. There is nothing about it that I do not like. Base model, Summit White exterior. Fantastic gas mileage. I try to focus on my driving habits and make an effort to use cruise control when possible and as result I was able to achieve 39.4 miles per gallon on a recent round-trip to Columbus OH from Indianapolis. Goal was not to exceed 65 MPH. Weekly fill-ups (40% city, 60% highway) always average 27-28 MPG. The car looks sharp inside and out. Chevy created a real winner.