2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
liked it so much I'm on my 2nd one!
By bwgr1985 on 05/17/11 06:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought an LS in 2009 and it was a great car. Took a few thousand miles to get the good gas milage but it was great to have even for a basic car. Well chevy was offering some great deals on the 2011s so I decided to upgrade to a fully loaded 2011 LTZ. I couldn't be happier. It's fun to drive even for a 4 banger and looks good on the road or sitting in the parking lot. The 09 had a 4 speed auto and this one has a 6 speed auto, so it does feel a little different on shifts and sometimes will lag between shifts but overall I just love this car. Recommend to anyone.

delightfull dish
By glenny3 on 05/01/11 09:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a delight to drive.I have had a malibu before and went to a HHR [no where near as nice].I went back to a malibu this year .I could not pass up the deal i got with the rebate ,credit union discount and previous owner discount.It took a while [2,000 miles] to gain the good gas mpg .On the highway in cruise i get 35mpg with the 4 banger.Has plenty of power and rides smooth.Looks rich with the mocha exterior and cocoa/cashmere interior.I am a happy puppy with it .i hope it continues with no problems .I again say its a delightfull dish [car]

A sweet ride
By duffer65 on 04/18/11 09:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A very comfortable car with good handling, decent power, and excellent economy. Have about 6000 miles on the odometer and have gotten up to 37 mpg (at 5 mph over freeway speeds) using a light throttle and cruise control. Very good in ice and snow here in the Northeast.

11 malibu
By saint69 on 04/08/11 08:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great looking car ,love to drive everyday!!

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 "Platinum Edition"
By randyb4 on 04/05/11 12:40 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought my first Malibu about a week ago and I am quite impressed at this vehicle. I really like the design of this car. I was never impressed with the older Malibu style but GM did a nice job on this body style. I must say that it has a "big car" ride and the 2.4 litre 4 cyl. engine puts out a fair amount power. I am over six feet tall and I have ample headroom.

my 3.6 malibu ltz
By glacier754 on 03/07/11 14:22 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

very nice car, surprised at power and overall ride control, love the white diamond paint and the way it handles in ice and snow. Overall very nice car, and impressed wit it more everyday.

Really impressed
By vegasjohnson on 02/28/11 20:51 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So this is our second Chevrolet. Our first was the umpteenth generation of the Suburban (a 2007). It was an awesome vehicle. Amazingly reliable. So, after our lease was up we decided to try another. With a focus on fuel economy we decided to go with the Malibu. We love this car so far it is very nice and comfortable. Extremely Quiet and the ride is very strong. We love the power of the 4 cylinder and are very impressed with the styling. Love this CAR! GM, you have won us over.

More than I expected!
By hugheskirby on 02/20/11 12:50 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased My Malibu to save money on fuel, and have a comfortable ride. My first stop for gas netted me over 32MPG. This car is very comfortable for me (6'3" and over 280lbs), although the door opening could be a little larger. I am finding the 2.4 4cyl engine to be adequate, but if you want the good MPG, you need to drive it light there is an egg between your foot and the gas pedal.

Our second Malibu
By jt1088 on 01/16/11 03:12 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After looking at all the competition, we bough a 2008 Malibu and put 50,000 miles on it. Last week the car was totaled in an accident. The safety systems performed well. We did another review of the 2011 competition, again the answer was Malibu. Hard to beat the features performance and price.

GM is unrecognizable in goodness
By myinnervoice on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I shopped Nissan, Hyundai, Toyota, Ford Escape, an used Mercedes Benz. After driving the Mercedes (2004 model), my daughter tried Malibu. She can hardly hear the engine. The car is smooth and GM dealership behaved as if they were a Lexus dealership. The deal of Malibu in Black Friday was amazing. It seems GM changed the money factors that day. The car is beautiful looking, with power. It has some indescribable feeling of exhilaration while driving it. A state of bliss that no Malibu in the past offered. It awakens self-confidence in drivers who feel much richer and free. Its a car for the young, suddenly. It help you aim high and see possible what one thought impossible before.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*