Used 2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

1st Review. Under a month
By egee

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love. This. Car. We had an '05 and traded up this year (2012) for a '11. We got the baseline model for a really good price and then added a few features at Bestbuy for much cheaper than the dealer could do. I haven't had any problems with the gas mileage (getting about 28 combined). The only aspect that I'm not a fan of is the top of the dashboard. When the sun is directly overhead or in front of you, the reflection of the dashboard shines back into the windshield. It's can be distracting. Should have test driven during the evening... I've gotten used to it, but it can be a problem when you first get the car. The trunk is very deep, another plus.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, Audio, Comfortable Seats, Trunk is huge! Very quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Some of the computers and electronics are "too smart." Keep it up-to-date but don't try and make it so smart.

2011 malibu---shakey ,wobling steering wheel on take off till 20 mpr then good ride
By larry183

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 lt malibu,last september,from the min.I drove it home on take off ,steering wheel you could feel a shaking ,wobble.,GM said they know about the problem but donn;t know how to fix it yet....nice you buy a car and feel this every day ,so after 6 months i take a big lose and buy a used impala...chey wins i loose...gm said they will not help me,,i also get at best 23----to -28,5 mpg...my sons impala gets 30 most of the time...junk...car and company...trunk is so tight a food cooler cann;t fit

Favorite Features

looks,,,,radio,sun-roof,,good in snow thats about it

Suggested Improvements

fix steering problem,,or transmission problem,get better gas milage,,have gm call you back......fix a problem

Very Nice Car
By manningdp

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2011 Malibu for the daughter. Great value with all of the rebates. Great gas milage, dependable, comfortable car for the money. Would definetley recommend.

Favorite Features

Gas Milage, comfortable, LT1 standard options. Joy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

None.

love this car with one huge disappointment
By midwstguy

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car - looks, ride, quiet, comfort and I have had absolutely no problems. I currently have 14,000 miles on it and I have had it a year. My major disappointment comes when it comes to milage my overall average mpg on this car since new is 22 mpg overall (yes I have tracked every tank). I never speed and drive very casual and this is the first car EVER that I could not achieve the advertised mpg on. I got rid of a car that would do 27 mpg all day long on the highway and 23-24 city. This car gets under 20 in town and 27-28 hwy. I ask EVERYONE I see and they all say the same thing - anyone on here that says it will do any better does not know how to track milage. 4cyl

Favorite Features

Optional Red Paint with two tone interior - very nice looking. Very solid car.

Suggested Improvements

I pod jack on face of stereo is stupid - location of seat warmers and the driving lights switch is impossible to see. Could not achieve the advertised 33 mpg idling on the back of a flatbed truck driving down the Hwy. Seriously thinking about trading off for a ford Focus Titanium. Sorry Chevy you [non-permissible content removed] and I tell everyone I see about it. I hope you tell the truth on your new Malibu at 37mpg - but I will never believe you again.

Problems to watch for
By papasmurf69

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Malibu for a year now. The car runs well and gets very good gas mileage out on the open road. Some real problems as we see it. The temp guage that reads the outdoor temp., it is designed not to work. It will work when you get in and go to town but then it will read that same temp until you have gone over 35mph for 5 miles or 15 minuets or something like that or if your car sits for more than 3 hours. If you stay in town the whole day it will stay on the original temp of the morning even if it goes up 40 degrees. Why I ask but GM said it was designed that way. Then there is the issue of not being able to chain the car up. Also the rear head rests obstruck your view.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the outside temp guage to work or not work. Lower the rear head rests. Put the rear brake light at the top of the rear window instead of at the bottom. At the bottome it always looks like a car behind you. Make it so you can put chains on. Some states require chains on passes. If you don't have chains you don't travel and then you are stuck.