2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
2011 malibu---shakey ,wobling steering wheel on take off till 20 mpr then good ride
By larry183 on 03/19/12 19:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 lt malibu,last september,from the min.I drove it home on take off ,steering wheel you could feel a shaking ,wobble.,GM said they know about the problem but donn;t know how to fix it yet....nice you buy a car and feel this every day ,so after 6 months i take a big lose and buy a used impala...chey wins i loose...gm said they will not help me,,i also get at best 23----to -28,5 mpg...my sons impala gets 30 most of the time...junk...car and company...trunk is so tight a food cooler cann;t fit

Very Nice Car
By manningdp on 03/19/12 08:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2011 Malibu for the daughter. Great value with all of the rebates. Great gas milage, dependable, comfortable car for the money. Would definetley recommend.

love this car with one huge disappointment
By midwstguy on 02/04/12 19:14 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car - looks, ride, quiet, comfort and I have had absolutely no problems. I currently have 14,000 miles on it and I have had it a year. My major disappointment comes when it comes to milage my overall average mpg on this car since new is 22 mpg overall (yes I have tracked every tank). I never speed and drive very casual and this is the first car EVER that I could not achieve the advertised mpg on. I got rid of a car that would do 27 mpg all day long on the highway and 23-24 city. This car gets under 20 in town and 27-28 hwy. I ask EVERYONE I see and they all say the same thing - anyone on here that says it will do any better does not know how to track milage. 4cyl

Problems to watch for
By papasmurf69 on 12/12/11 17:39 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Malibu for a year now. The car runs well and gets very good gas mileage out on the open road. Some real problems as we see it. The temp guage that reads the outdoor temp., it is designed not to work. It will work when you get in and go to town but then it will read that same temp until you have gone over 35mph for 5 miles or 15 minuets or something like that or if your car sits for more than 3 hours. If you stay in town the whole day it will stay on the original temp of the morning even if it goes up 40 degrees. Why I ask but GM said it was designed that way. Then there is the issue of not being able to chain the car up. Also the rear head rests obstruck your view.

2nd review on this car
By bwgr1985 on 12/01/11 07:50 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

OK this is my second review of this car after having it for 7 months and putting almost 18000 miles on it. as stated before i owned an 09 LS and upgraded to an 11 LTZ. I liked the car enough to buy another one so that should say something. I still stand by the majority of my first review and I still love this car, but there is one major difference. GAS MILEAGE!!! The 09 had a 4 speed auto, this one has a 6 speed auto. So I should do better on gas mileage right? wrong. I drive mostly highway and got about 75 miles more on a full tank in the 09. still not bad, but chevy is flat out lying about getting 33 miles mpg. im getting 23 with 80% highway usage. otherwise great car.

what happend ?
By meer on 11/17/11 17:00 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a pain in the A - - -. I have already voiced my dis like of the seats. And mentioned the annoying "low pressure" warning about the tires. After receiving and E mail advising the tire pressures are low, I check with my tire gauge and sure enough one tire has 15 lbs, another has 20 lbs., another has 12 lbs and the last has 25 lbs. WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY. !!!!!!! I have never had this problem with any car I have owned. Question: Are the tires crap? Are the wheels at fault, what is going on ? And the fuel mileage is still only 23 to 24 mpg, NOT 30 !!!!! My Nissan gets 32 mpg around town. What a piece of junk. GM should be ashamed. I have contacted GM customer service and they just

What a car for the price
By npalino on 08/17/11 19:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my malibu for almost a month now and it's the best car I have ever owned! I read all these reviews before I purchased and they are spot on. The thing performs like a 6 cyl and gets better gas mileage than the crummy aveo I traded in. Styling is terrific! When I pulled up to my girls house she thought it was a BMW. Few things I would change. 1st is the headroom' it's not bad when sitting in the vehicle but I often hit my head while entering. 2nd is there are no handles inside for the passengers to hold. 3rd, the heated seat switch is on the seat in an awkward place. Other than that it's perfect! Tight, quiet and fun to drive...big head turner too.$25,000 for luxury at it's best!

Love this Car
By lbillups1 on 08/12/11 18:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Malibu in January of this year. There is nothing about it that I do not like. Base model, Summit White exterior. Fantastic gas mileage. I try to focus on my driving habits and make an effort to use cruise control when possible and as result I was able to achieve 39.4 miles per gallon on a recent round-trip to Columbus OH from Indianapolis. Goal was not to exceed 65 MPH. Weekly fill-ups (40% city, 60% highway) always average 27-28 MPG. The car looks sharp inside and out. Chevy created a real winner.

Love the car
By ep1 on 06/22/11 09:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just came off a lease of a '09 Merc Milan L4 My my new Malibu is so much better in every catagory

Very disappointed
By lorieric on 05/31/11 14:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a a Malibu in the fall and I am very disappointed in the gas mileage, I drive mainly on the highway and only receive around 24 to 25 miles per gallon. I purchase this vehicle for the good gas mileage and chevy isn't standing behind their advertisements of 23 city to 33 highway.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$141 per month*