Used 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Loyalty Rewarded
By Stephen Clark

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have bought GM products starting with a 1967 Camaro through even a Chevy Vega and continuing to the present up to and including the aforementioned 2011 Malibu. My guess is that I have purchased over the years about 20 GM products, so this comment does not come from a closet Ford or Dodge owner. At 120,000 miles the transmission just quit. Everyone I know who owns something other than a GM product have in excess of that with no problem. I try to be loyal to not only the brand but the dealership. Basically, I was told by the dealer here in Idaho that your car is worth nothing and a transmission will cost you $3,500. So the car is at the dealership and I have had to borrow cars to get around. Your alternatives are few short of putting a for sale sign on the car and parking it at the dealership. There was no effort to try to ameliorate the frustration by either the company or the dealership. I will put in the transmission, but I will not return to Chevrolet or the dealership. The lesson to be learned from this to always get the cheapest price as there is no advantage to being loyal to a brand or a dealer.

A good car - worth the value
By ehicks87

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

All around good car. I do about 80% highway driving and get an avg 31 mpg. People have to realize that this car is not a powerhouse; if you drive it like a high school-er you will be disappointed in your gas mileage. Treating your car nice goes a long way- tires-brakes-suspension-etc. Anyways, there's something about this car that makes me miss driving it when I'm in another vehicle. Especially my wife's dodge dart turbo..... Man that thing is a piece of crap.

The interior is top notch design. My boss was impressed and he drives a BMW! Build materials are not bad. I wish I had leather but even the cloth seats are well made. Everything is very easy to get to and maintain. (except for headlights/ turning signals)

If I could go back, I'd buy the LTZ model with the sunroof. Those rims and tail lights look a lot more slick. To replace the headlights/ turning signals, you have to REMOVE the front bumper entirely. Makes it a pain but in reality you will only have to do this MAYBE three times during the life of the car if you buy good/ long lasting lights. Also, GM's ACDelco fuel pumps kind of suck. I had mine replaced under warranty at 60k Miles; but no big deal.

So far so good!
By simplyme

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a few months ago. Already put on 4,000 miles. It's a very comfortable car Me being 6'6" I fit quite well. Although anyone who sits behind me had better be quite short! Monique as she is rightfully named is a snappy accelerator, corners fantastically, and I love the clad wheels. Trunk is huge. I had taken a trip to Frankfot KY. and I averaged 37.7mpg!! with a full trunk At times the remote start is finicky, but no complaints. She was a lease car before I bought her. The driver seat is kind of like crumpled near the door, which is causing a tear. Which is very disappointing. Considering my 02 Impala had over 230,000 on it and no rips or tears.

Blue tooth. Remote start. Wheels. style, comfort and reliability so far. The headlights on this beauty are very strong and do a great job in night time driving especially in my rural area of living. Leg room,ease of cleaning and maintenance .

Make stronger front seats for taller people. considering the driver seat kind of squeaks, rattles and is collapsing near the door.

low speed shake
By jab66

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like the car but, ever since it was new it has a shake at low speed when I accelerate from a stop. It only happens when a person is in the passenger front seat. I took it into the dealer for the second time for this issue and they recommended that they rotate and balance the tires at a cost to $60.00 to me. He told me that would take care of the problem, but it has'nt. If anyone has any solutions for this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

not a good car
By louie1954

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got this car new I only have 12000 miles on it and i have complained from the first 500 miles that the car has a shake between 15 and 20 miles per hour. This has been addressed to the maintenance people at Ray Dennison with no satisfaction This is not normal per the maintenance people. I am now experiencing other things like a rumble when I accelerate. This car has been very disappointing I will never buy another probably never another chevy poor gas mileage

nice radio

Head room around doors. maintenance personal need to be made aware of what ever is causing this problem and get some instructions on how to fix it. I have read other peoples complaints on the same problem with the same non-answers from their maintenance people

• SUV