2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
So far so good!
By simplyme on 09/27/13 07:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a few months ago. Already put on 4,000 miles. It's a very comfortable car Me being 6'6" I fit quite well. Although anyone who sits behind me had better be quite short! Monique as she is rightfully named is a snappy accelerator, corners fantastically, and I love the clad wheels. Trunk is huge. I had taken a trip to Frankfot KY. and I averaged 37.7mpg!! with a full trunk At times the remote start is finicky, but no complaints. She was a lease car before I bought her. The driver seat is kind of like crumpled near the door, which is causing a tear. Which is very disappointing. Considering my 02 Impala had over 230,000 on it and no rips or tears.

low speed shake
By jab66 on 09/11/12 18:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like the car but, ever since it was new it has a shake at low speed when I accelerate from a stop. It only happens when a person is in the passenger front seat. I took it into the dealer for the second time for this issue and they recommended that they rotate and balance the tires at a cost to $60.00 to me. He told me that would take care of the problem, but it has'nt. If anyone has any solutions for this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

not a good car
By louie1954 on 09/03/12 08:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got this car new I only have 12000 miles on it and i have complained from the first 500 miles that the car has a shake between 15 and 20 miles per hour. This has been addressed to the maintenance people at Ray Dennison with no satisfaction This is not normal per the maintenance people. I am now experiencing other things like a rumble when I accelerate. This car has been very disappointing I will never buy another probably never another chevy poor gas mileage

1st Review. Under a month
By egee on 03/20/12 04:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love. This. Car. We had an '05 and traded up this year (2012) for a '11. We got the baseline model for a really good price and then added a few features at Bestbuy for much cheaper than the dealer could do. I haven't had any problems with the gas mileage (getting about 28 combined). The only aspect that I'm not a fan of is the top of the dashboard. When the sun is directly overhead or in front of you, the reflection of the dashboard shines back into the windshield. It's can be distracting. Should have test driven during the evening... I've gotten used to it, but it can be a problem when you first get the car. The trunk is very deep, another plus.

2011 malibu---shakey ,wobling steering wheel on take off till 20 mpr then good ride
By larry183 on 03/19/12 19:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 lt malibu,last september,from the min.I drove it home on take off ,steering wheel you could feel a shaking ,wobble.,GM said they know about the problem but donn;t know how to fix it yet....nice you buy a car and feel this every day ,so after 6 months i take a big lose and buy a used impala...chey wins i loose...gm said they will not help me,,i also get at best 23----to -28,5 mpg...my sons impala gets 30 most of the time...junk...car and company...trunk is so tight a food cooler cann;t fit

Very Nice Car
By manningdp on 03/19/12 08:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2011 Malibu for the daughter. Great value with all of the rebates. Great gas milage, dependable, comfortable car for the money. Would definetley recommend.

what happend ?
By meer on 11/17/11 17:00 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a pain in the A - - -. I have already voiced my dis like of the seats. And mentioned the annoying "low pressure" warning about the tires. After receiving and E mail advising the tire pressures are low, I check with my tire gauge and sure enough one tire has 15 lbs, another has 20 lbs., another has 12 lbs and the last has 25 lbs. WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY. !!!!!!! I have never had this problem with any car I have owned. Question: Are the tires crap? Are the wheels at fault, what is going on ? And the fuel mileage is still only 23 to 24 mpg, NOT 30 !!!!! My Nissan gets 32 mpg around town. What a piece of junk. GM should be ashamed. I have contacted GM customer service and they just

A sweet ride
By duffer65 on 04/18/11 09:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A very comfortable car with good handling, decent power, and excellent economy. Have about 6000 miles on the odometer and have gotten up to 37 mpg (at 5 mph over freeway speeds) using a light throttle and cruise control. Very good in ice and snow here in the Northeast.

11 malibu
By saint69 on 04/08/11 08:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great looking car ,love to drive everyday!!

Really impressed
By vegasjohnson on 02/28/11 20:51 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So this is our second Chevrolet. Our first was the umpteenth generation of the Suburban (a 2007). It was an awesome vehicle. Amazingly reliable. So, after our lease was up we decided to try another. With a focus on fuel economy we decided to go with the Malibu. We love this car so far it is very nice and comfortable. Extremely Quiet and the ride is very strong. We love the power of the 4 cylinder and are very impressed with the styling. Love this CAR! GM, you have won us over.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in NJ is:

$214 per month*