Used 2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

From bad to worse
By 2011nomore

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had 3 Malibu's 2006, totaled by a drunk driver. 2006, totaled by a bus. Car accelerated into traffic. I reversed as my choice was a gasoline tanker and a bus. 2011 : This car from day one has been a lemon. It is getting worse. I have 18 k on the car. I get 21 miles on open highway and 17 in city. I have been told by GM to put 20 more thousand miles to loosen it up. Door on drivers side leaks and has "been" fixed only to leak worse. At 40 mph there is a dinging in the right rear. At 60 mhp under load the steering column shakes and rattles the whole car. If you let off the gas it quits. Dealer told me this is "normal". Transmission fluid is dark brow..."normal" too. JUNK

So far so good!
By simplyme

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a few months ago. Already put on 4,000 miles. It's a very comfortable car Me being 6'6" I fit quite well. Although anyone who sits behind me had better be quite short! Monique as she is rightfully named is a snappy accelerator, corners fantastically, and I love the clad wheels. Trunk is huge. I had taken a trip to Frankfot KY. and I averaged 37.7mpg!! with a full trunk At times the remote start is finicky, but no complaints. She was a lease car before I bought her. The driver seat is kind of like crumpled near the door, which is causing a tear. Which is very disappointing. Considering my 02 Impala had over 230,000 on it and no rips or tears.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth. Remote start. Wheels. style, comfort and reliability so far. The headlights on this beauty are very strong and do a great job in night time driving especially in my rural area of living. Leg room,ease of cleaning and maintenance .

Suggested Improvements

Make stronger front seats for taller people. considering the driver seat kind of squeaks, rattles and is collapsing near the door.

TRACTION SYSTEM failed and poor gas millage
By superborg

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

poor gas millage on a 4 cylinder 19-23mpg mostly hwy miles. traction control system failed causing accident. this is an unsafe car. car under warranty 34000 miles.GM response less than helpful. GM equipment for black box testing was in for repair at time of accident and unavailable for 2 weeks, no loaner car and car under warranty. so a $28000 car sits at body-shop and I walk. GM said there was no code for the gas millage problem and could not fix, but they had a code for the traction problem CO133 and reset it and sent me to an accident.This is an lemon or is it GM's new way of building cars. Body is repaired but i am afraid of this car.

Favorite Features

AC outlet ,Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

GM stop blaming the customer for poor gas millage and fix the problem also when there is a code in the system do not ignore it find the problem or make you software IDIOT prof. replace the lemon auto with a safe car if you have one.

Longtime GM customer very disappointed.
By leftofthenorm

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned 3 prior new GM vehicles. This one has been trouble from day 1. First it had rail dust, orange rust spots all over the car in which it took the dealer three times to fix. Then the wheels vibrated, which they never could fix. After spending at least 12 different trips to the dealer, I now have two bent rims. This car gets driven MAYBE twice a week by my wife. I will be trading this car in, and I am very disappointed with this car. Very cramped on the inside, trunk is very short, plastic trim comes off all the time. Exterior badging fell off. Horrible wheels. Horrible (20mpg) gas mileage. I will never buy a GM car again.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling is wonderful, it really does look good. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger wheels, better build quality, more efficient engine. Definately not worth the price of admission at this point. Seeing as these can be bought around 10k now, it might be worth it as a beat-around used car. New, they were horrible.

Brakes and rotors
By mthorsemama

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have less than 29,000 miles on the car, the front ROTORS have been resurfaced once and replaced twice ! Front BRAKES replaced once. The back ROTORS have been replaced once, and BRAKES replaced once. I have filed a complaint with GM. The mileage is not close to where they advertised ! In addition the transmission doesn't act right. I have been told there is no problem with it ! I would love to hear from others that have had brake and rotor issues, or anyone that has been successful at GM buying the while back ? ! Please....