Used 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Brakes and rotors
By mthorsemama

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have less than 29,000 miles on the car, the front ROTORS have been resurfaced once and replaced twice ! Front BRAKES replaced once. The back ROTORS have been replaced once, and BRAKES replaced once. I have filed a complaint with GM. The mileage is not close to where they advertised ! In addition the transmission doesn't act right. I have been told there is no problem with it ! I would love to hear from others that have had brake and rotor issues, or anyone that has been successful at GM buying the while back ? ! Please....

So Far...So Good
By damytquinn

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned this car for 20 months and wanted to wait until this point to write a review on this Malibu. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned(and I have owned over a dozen new cars in 33years of driving). It has never been to the shop for any unscheduled service. I was not planning to trade when I did, but an unexpected windfall convinced me to trade and was glad I did! This car now has almost 25,000miles and still is as tight and quiet as the day I drove it from the dealership. Every thing works the way it is supposed to. I am averaging 26mpg in 70%/30%hwy-city driving which is NOT what I was hoping for when I bought this car, but it's not terrible.

Favorite Features

I love the adjustable heated leather seats. The handling is good, very quiet and smooth ride. Great interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Car has thick A pillars so there are some serious blind spots. This is not a problem if you are a careful driver. Would have been nice to have a sub woofer added to the bose speaker system, the steering feel is a little too light. Gas tank only holds 16 gallons so depending on how much you drive, you might have to fill-up more often. And of course, better mpg would be nice.

What's up with the MPG
By oldnnew

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I rented a 2011 Sonata for 3 months and was pleased to get 23.5 mpg combined. I drive about 100 miles a day and the ratio of city/highway is 50/50. We looked at buying the 2011 Sonata, Camry or Malibu because they claim to get the same mileage. We ended up with an LTZ and I am lucky to get 19 mpg combined. Pure highway driving only gets me 21 mpg. Not happy with American cars right now and it is always the drivers fault with mileage even though the cars are all driven the same way.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat arm rest, better MPG, front arm rests set further in-feel cramped by the door compared to the camry and sonata.

love this car with one huge disappointment
By midwstguy

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car - looks, ride, quiet, comfort and I have had absolutely no problems. I currently have 14,000 miles on it and I have had it a year. My major disappointment comes when it comes to milage my overall average mpg on this car since new is 22 mpg overall (yes I have tracked every tank). I never speed and drive very casual and this is the first car EVER that I could not achieve the advertised mpg on. I got rid of a car that would do 27 mpg all day long on the highway and 23-24 city. This car gets under 20 in town and 27-28 hwy. I ask EVERYONE I see and they all say the same thing - anyone on here that says it will do any better does not know how to track milage. 4cyl

Favorite Features

Optional Red Paint with two tone interior - very nice looking. Very solid car.

Suggested Improvements

I pod jack on face of stereo is stupid - location of seat warmers and the driving lights switch is impossible to see. Could not achieve the advertised 33 mpg idling on the back of a flatbed truck driving down the Hwy. Seriously thinking about trading off for a ford Focus Titanium. Sorry Chevy you [non-permissible content removed] and I tell everyone I see about it. I hope you tell the truth on your new Malibu at 37mpg - but I will never believe you again.

2nd review on this car
By bwgr1985

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

OK this is my second review of this car after having it for 7 months and putting almost 18000 miles on it. as stated before i owned an 09 LS and upgraded to an 11 LTZ. I liked the car enough to buy another one so that should say something. I still stand by the majority of my first review and I still love this car, but there is one major difference. GAS MILEAGE!!! The 09 had a 4 speed auto, this one has a 6 speed auto. So I should do better on gas mileage right? wrong. I drive mostly highway and got about 75 miles more on a full tank in the 09. still not bad, but chevy is flat out lying about getting 33 miles mpg. im getting 23 with 80% highway usage. otherwise great car.

Favorite Features

Everything I listed before. tons of features for great price.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest for rear passengers, odd placement of heated seat buttons. They are on the seat itself and can be accidentaly turned on. All wheel drive version would be awesome too but usually only found in the large sedans so understandable that the malibu doesnt offer it.