2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Brakes and rotors
By mthorsemama on 05/28/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have less than 29,000 miles on the car, the front ROTORS have been resurfaced once and replaced twice ! Front BRAKES replaced once. The back ROTORS have been replaced once, and BRAKES replaced once. I have filed a complaint with GM. The mileage is not close to where they advertised ! In addition the transmission doesn't act right. I have been told there is no problem with it ! I would love to hear from others that have had brake and rotor issues, or anyone that has been successful at GM buying the while back ? ! Please....

So Far...So Good
By damytquinn on 11/04/12 18:40 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned this car for 20 months and wanted to wait until this point to write a review on this Malibu. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned(and I have owned over a dozen new cars in 33years of driving). It has never been to the shop for any unscheduled service. I was not planning to trade when I did, but an unexpected windfall convinced me to trade and was glad I did! This car now has almost 25,000miles and still is as tight and quiet as the day I drove it from the dealership. Every thing works the way it is supposed to. I am averaging 26mpg in 70%/30%hwy-city driving which is NOT what I was hoping for when I bought this car, but it's not terrible.

What's up with the MPG
By oldnnew on 09/12/12 18:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I rented a 2011 Sonata for 3 months and was pleased to get 23.5 mpg combined. I drive about 100 miles a day and the ratio of city/highway is 50/50. We looked at buying the 2011 Sonata, Camry or Malibu because they claim to get the same mileage. We ended up with an LTZ and I am lucky to get 19 mpg combined. Pure highway driving only gets me 21 mpg. Not happy with American cars right now and it is always the drivers fault with mileage even though the cars are all driven the same way.

love this car with one huge disappointment
By midwstguy on 02/04/12 19:14 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car - looks, ride, quiet, comfort and I have had absolutely no problems. I currently have 14,000 miles on it and I have had it a year. My major disappointment comes when it comes to milage my overall average mpg on this car since new is 22 mpg overall (yes I have tracked every tank). I never speed and drive very casual and this is the first car EVER that I could not achieve the advertised mpg on. I got rid of a car that would do 27 mpg all day long on the highway and 23-24 city. This car gets under 20 in town and 27-28 hwy. I ask EVERYONE I see and they all say the same thing - anyone on here that says it will do any better does not know how to track milage. 4cyl

2nd review on this car
By bwgr1985 on 12/01/11 07:50 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

OK this is my second review of this car after having it for 7 months and putting almost 18000 miles on it. as stated before i owned an 09 LS and upgraded to an 11 LTZ. I liked the car enough to buy another one so that should say something. I still stand by the majority of my first review and I still love this car, but there is one major difference. GAS MILEAGE!!! The 09 had a 4 speed auto, this one has a 6 speed auto. So I should do better on gas mileage right? wrong. I drive mostly highway and got about 75 miles more on a full tank in the 09. still not bad, but chevy is flat out lying about getting 33 miles mpg. im getting 23 with 80% highway usage. otherwise great car.

What a car for the price
By npalino on 08/17/11 19:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my malibu for almost a month now and it's the best car I have ever owned! I read all these reviews before I purchased and they are spot on. The thing performs like a 6 cyl and gets better gas mileage than the crummy aveo I traded in. Styling is terrific! When I pulled up to my girls house she thought it was a BMW. Few things I would change. 1st is the headroom' it's not bad when sitting in the vehicle but I often hit my head while entering. 2nd is there are no handles inside for the passengers to hold. 3rd, the heated seat switch is on the seat in an awkward place. Other than that it's perfect! Tight, quiet and fun to drive...big head turner too.$25,000 for luxury at it's best!

liked it so much I'm on my 2nd one!
By bwgr1985 on 05/17/11 06:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought an LS in 2009 and it was a great car. Took a few thousand miles to get the good gas milage but it was great to have even for a basic car. Well chevy was offering some great deals on the 2011s so I decided to upgrade to a fully loaded 2011 LTZ. I couldn't be happier. It's fun to drive even for a 4 banger and looks good on the road or sitting in the parking lot. The 09 had a 4 speed auto and this one has a 6 speed auto, so it does feel a little different on shifts and sometimes will lag between shifts but overall I just love this car. Recommend to anyone.

my 3.6 malibu ltz
By glacier754 on 03/07/11 14:22 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

very nice car, surprised at power and overall ride control, love the white diamond paint and the way it handles in ice and snow. Overall very nice car, and impressed wit it more everyday.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$131 per month*