2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
From bad to worse
By 2011nomore on 01/06/14 06:04 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had 3 Malibu's 2006, totaled by a drunk driver. 2006, totaled by a bus. Car accelerated into traffic. I reversed as my choice was a gasoline tanker and a bus. 2011 : This car from day one has been a lemon. It is getting worse. I have 18 k on the car. I get 21 miles on open highway and 17 in city. I have been told by GM to put 20 more thousand miles to loosen it up. Door on drivers side leaks and has "been" fixed only to leak worse. At 40 mph there is a dinging in the right rear. At 60 mhp under load the steering column shakes and rattles the whole car. If you let off the gas it quits. Dealer told me this is "normal". Transmission fluid is dark brow..."normal" too. JUNK

Love this Car
By lbillups1 on 08/12/11 18:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Malibu in January of this year. There is nothing about it that I do not like. Base model, Summit White exterior. Fantastic gas mileage. I try to focus on my driving habits and make an effort to use cruise control when possible and as result I was able to achieve 39.4 miles per gallon on a recent round-trip to Columbus OH from Indianapolis. Goal was not to exceed 65 MPH. Weekly fill-ups (40% city, 60% highway) always average 27-28 MPG. The car looks sharp inside and out. Chevy created a real winner.

Love the car
By ep1 on 06/22/11 09:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just came off a lease of a '09 Merc Milan L4 My my new Malibu is so much better in every catagory

Very disappointed
By lorieric on 05/31/11 14:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a a Malibu in the fall and I am very disappointed in the gas mileage, I drive mainly on the highway and only receive around 24 to 25 miles per gallon. I purchase this vehicle for the good gas mileage and chevy isn't standing behind their advertisements of 23 city to 33 highway.

delightfull dish
By glenny3 on 05/01/11 09:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a delight to drive.I have had a malibu before and went to a HHR [no where near as nice].I went back to a malibu this year .I could not pass up the deal i got with the rebate ,credit union discount and previous owner discount.It took a while [2,000 miles] to gain the good gas mpg .On the highway in cruise i get 35mpg with the 4 banger.Has plenty of power and rides smooth.Looks rich with the mocha exterior and cocoa/cashmere interior.I am a happy puppy with it .i hope it continues with no problems .I again say its a delightfull dish [car]

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$143 per month*