2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Looks great, noisy cheap inter

2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Looks great, noisy cheap interior
By MikeURL on

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I actually have the 6 cylinder model but I can't find an option to review that version. I admit I was sold on this car by the looks. I really liked the way it looked on the outside so I overlooked a lot of other problems. Primarily I'm disappointed with the amount of noise when driving. The wheels and suspension transmit every little sound into the cabin. Also, the headliner squeaks and rattles. It is irritating but I don't want to try and get the dealer to take the whole headliner out and fix it. Also, the ride is very rough. You can feel every little crack in the pavement. The upside to that is that the handling is actually quite good. This car can corner on a dime.

The acceleration with the V6 is pretty strong. But under full throttle the engine makes so much noise you'll think it is going to explode (and not that good high rev noise, a bad tinny vibration noise). As I already mentioned, the car looks great with the 18 inch wheels and alloy rims. I love the remote start and onstar is pretty awesome. Just bear in mind that this model year does NOT offer smartphone access to your onstar account. Sadly because that is an awesome feature.

A pretty easy thing for GM to fix would be to upgrade the interior. The cheap looking plastic they used in the 2010 model is pretty bad. Also, if Chevy would enable the android app for onstar on this model year that would be nice. Anything they could do to reduce the road noise would help a lot. Overall it isn't a bad car. I got a really good price on it so that certainly helped me overlook the other problems.