2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great Car for the Money
By Mike on 03/02/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2010 Malibu LS for my daughter. Safety, fuel economy and utility were all high on my list. The car met all of those criteria, and surprisingly is a great driving and looking car. I travel a lot and have driven many rentals for comparison. Put the Malibu on your list - i can honestly say it ranks at the top of mine.

Awesome buy!
By rsharp on 02/23/10 22:19 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I enjoy this vehicle. I traded '97 Benz and '02 Jag. Ride is comparable. Look is acceptable. Interior is very nice. Compartments are everywhere. The power is lacking, but not noticeable most of the time. Gas is cheaper. Overall, this is an awesome buy!

MY 1st NEW CAR
By lemusracing on 02/20/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just traded in my NISSAN sentra se-r 2006. I am glad i got rid of that garbage econobox for this great car. Just got it with the 6year warranty so i am not worried about reliability. this car is nice all the stock features comfy seats big trunk great gas mileage. HUGE REBATES over $5thousand in them plus military discount. The look is beautiful 2.4 inline 4 is so quiet doesn't struggle has enough power for daily driving.great car

Smooth Ride
By Hear ya on 01/03/10 10:22 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Ok, I use to have a camry and have to say this Malibu rides 10X smoother over bumps! I could not believe it when I drove it. It reminds me of my old Maxim I use to have! Great car and extremely smooth ride for a 4 cyclinder!

Good Midsize Sedan
By John in NY on 12/31/09 08:47 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After 3 months and about 7,000 miles I have many good things to say about the Malibu. Performance is good and I didn't see a reason to get the V6. Interior cabin noise is very low for a four cylinder and very impressive (Chevy even uses laminated driver and passenger side glass). Steering, brakes, handling, all good. Interior quality much better than previous GM models. Soft touch materials and no more shiny plastic! I came from a Honda Accord and like the Malibu better.

This is the car you should consider.
By rpike on 12/26/09 17:59 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I ordered, then picked up my Malibu in mid-August.I have 7,000 miles on it as of 12/09.This car is excellent inside and out.NO issues at all.It rides much more comfortable than my wife's 03 Volvo v40.In fact she ask to take my car out. Fuel sipper 30-33 MPG is 70%highway/30%city in Denver.The heated seats are much hotter that our Volvo's. Interior much better looking and quality than Honda,Toyota,Mazda,and Ford. For me it came down to the Ford Fusion and Malibu.Did not like the looks of Accord or Camry.Malibu had better gas mileage than all the cars listed above. I researched this car for over a year and read everything I could find on it and GM. Why buy...MPG,styling,quality, craftsmanship.

Love my Malibu
By First Chevy on 12/22/09 12:41 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I come from a Honda/Toyota family, but couldn't resist buying the Malibu after getting in one at the LA Auto Show. The interior design is better than all the competitors, although materials aren't as good as some. The ride is remarkably quiet and comfortable. The exterior grew on me. Its a great balance of aggressiveness, class, and distinctiveness. So far no problems except that one passenger door would not open the day I bought the car, but that was fixed promptly. I'm giving American cars a chance, and so far I am pleased.

Do Your Home Work--Compare & Drive !!!!
By Bedbug on 12/08/09 06:30 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought 2010 LTZ V6. This car has great power. Handling is great, I have 300 miles and car is getting a little loose on bumps. Breaks are sharp. Fit and Finish is good overall. It is very quite while driving. Styling is great and Jewel Red is a hot color. Door opens wide good for kids and older adults. Leather interior is great.One thing I DO NOT THE GAS MILEAGE STATED BUT ITS A BIG V6.** One suggestion rent one before you buy it, it does have some strange features see below. No light in trunk front hood or glove box can be annoying.

Japan, Inc. move over
By malibuofrichmond on 11/28/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Two weeks ago we purchased this car for my wife and now with 657 miles on the clock we continue to be thrilled. She wanted an American car. The quality of this Malibu will stand up to any competition foreign or domestic. A recent trip over Thanksgiving saw 34 mpg. The car is solid, well equipped even as a base model one up from the price leader, very comfortable even in the back seat, fun to drive, and very well assembled. The ride is incredibly quiet with outside noise well insulated. This is in very way a quality car and proof that the US can produce world class vehicles. In its Imperial Blue Metallic finish, this car looks beautiful standing still.

Is this a Japanese car?
By Cindy on 11/27/09 14:20 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have only owned this car for about a week and a half and I love it already. It is the tightest car I've ever driven and it's fun to drive. I just love the xm radio. I bought the base car and it feels more expensive than it is. I'm so proud of the car. I wanted a sports car, like a Camaro, as I love GM cars. This car is more economical, but fun to drive in a different way. Fit and finish has come a long way since I bought my 2003 Impala.GM is really going in the right direction. My friends who just bought the Toyota Camry were upset when they found out how much car I got for my money and how great the car rides.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$140 per month*