2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Very nice car
By packerfan on 04/07/10 14:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am a 78 year old driver and being a salesman for many years driving a new car every year I have had a lot of experience with different cars. Driving this little car home was a great experience. I got it Jan 25, 2010 an so far have 1700 miles on it. Gas mileage is excellent 26 town and 33- 35 using the cruise. Great car for the money!! Fun to drive!!!

Love this car!
By hoagie on 04/03/10 06:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Absolutely love the styling and comfort of this car. Classic good looks that won't get "old". Seats are comfortable and the ride is amazing. Also love all of the little niceties such as the bluetooth, heated seats, sunroof, Onstar etc. Had money down on a new Sonata...put them side by side and opted for the Malibu, haven't been sorry. It's been a long time since I've been this happy with a purchase!

Good Bang For Your Buck
By Heavy Chevy on 04/01/10 15:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Owned an 08 Dodge Avenger that could have been a good car but it was time for it to go so I researched the Malibu extensively before contacting a dealer. I really wanted a six cylinder engine but was pleasantly surprised by the 4 cylinder engine power so I didn't see the need to spend the extra cash on a six. This car is a great buy and good value for the money.

Awesome
By jomman on 03/22/10 22:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

this car is great, wish it had just a little more hp though but its still fun to drive and quick to respond

Love my 2010 Malibu Great Car
By willjoegreen on 03/21/10 06:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 2010 Malibu LTZ (4 cyl engine) for 3 months now and absolutely love this car. I replaced my 2001 Grand Am SE (6 cyl eng) which I had purchased new in 2000. The new car "wow" feeling of this Malibu is still great after 3 months. Performance of 4 cyl engine is very good. If you are inclined to think you need the 6 cyl (like I was) I recommend you at least test drive a 4 cyl. Car is so quite and ride very smooth. Quality and fit and finish all seem excellent. Interior very spacious. I'm getting 27 mpg in mixed driving and got 34 on my one pure highway trip so far. 8 way adjustable seat for driver is great. Can't imagine anyone not finding a good setting.

Happy so far
By jj on 03/13/10 05:47 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this car after having two Chrysler 300's. Was impressed with the drive and interior features/appointments the Malibu offered. Biggest issue is getting used to less interior room compared to the 300, but this car offered more with the satellite radio, hands free Bluetooth, etc. Primary issue I'm having is the steering tends to want to drift right. I already had this in the dealer and they made an adjustment and it still does it. A bit frustrating. Also the steering when turning doesn't appear overly smooth, but getting used to it. Also don't really care for the location of the manual shifting levers on the steering wheel. Mileage is decent and overall I am satisfied.

Consider this car
By pghdrumr on 03/12/10 12:42 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I came from a honda, and I was VERY surprised at the quality that GM is producing. The car rides very smooth and quiet. The remote starter, power seats, bluetooth, sunroof all included in a super deal. Look for lots of incentives from the dealer, and plan to pay way less that sticker price. What an excellent deal for a new car with so many great features

Best Value Car & Model
By ARoubik on 03/06/10 13:41 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car surpassed my expectations. Save your money, buy the LS. The power is modest, but it's plenty to get up and go. I didn't care much for the 6-speed LT1+ models. A V6 would be great, but the only one's available were fully loaded (too expensive!). The cabin is very quiet and the car handles great. The only things I don't like about the car is the trunk opening - it's deep and wide, but you can't fit much through the gap. Driver's seat position and adjustment is a bit odd, but you get use to it. The steering wheel is also quite large and heavy. Other than that, it's a great car. I like it much more than my '09 Camry.

Best Value on the Road
By Kristi Fuller on 03/05/10 11:12 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Although I just purchased this car I can say that it is confirming all of the research that I did on it before hand. In comparison to the other sedans in its category and price range it really beat them in terms of the reviews that I read and the safty crash ratings. My husband and I were looking for something new, affordable and safe to drive for years ahead. He and I will be putting alot of mileage on it between working and school. We also wanted something safe for the kids when we don't take them in the family minivan. We bought the most basic version of this model and there is nothing cheap or basic about it. You also can't beat the warranties on it.

Great Car for the Money
By Mike on 03/02/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2010 Malibu LS for my daughter. Safety, fuel economy and utility were all high on my list. The car met all of those criteria, and surprisingly is a great driving and looking car. I travel a lot and have driven many rentals for comparison. Put the Malibu on your list - i can honestly say it ranks at the top of mine.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$140 per month*