Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Great Car
By John

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been very pleased with this car. Before purchasing I test drove a Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima, and Toyota Camry. This car had the best ride and had better styling than these others. Whenever I have rented another midsized car during the past year, I am anxious to get back to my Malibu. Attention was given to the small details in the Malibu that other competitors did not. The ride is smooth, and the interior is very stylish and quiet. I love the interior two tone titanium color. The black interior was too dark for me. Overall, this is a great car.

Favorite Features

Quiet interior, sunroof, comfortable seats, XM radio, interior blue lighting, bluetooth, remote start, and exterior blue color.

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard reflections should be reduced.

Love it
By Jeff

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

GM nailed this one. Rides like a dream. Gets great mpg avg 35 mpg at 69 mp. I drive mostly highway miles. The trunk needs to be bigger other than that. Very happy.

Favorite Features

6 speed tranny

Suggested Improvements

Trunk needs to be bigger

Not Fun in the Summer
By Malibu10

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Before summer arrived I thought this car was the best, now not so much. There is a "surging" problem with the transmission when it is hot out and to date GM has not taken this issue seriously. I bought this car to support America, a family member who works for GM and now I am regretting it, too bad because if this issue was fixed the car would be perfect.

Favorite Features

Stereo Interior/exterior styling XM/Onstar

Suggested Improvements

Minor rattles are beginning to originate from the door panels at 23K - better materials to prevent this. Wider trunk opening, better XM reception, HID headlight option, more powerful 4 cylinder motor option.

Stop whining, reviewers: it's a NICE car
By jes2

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Here's a story for you: I rented a 2010 Malibu LTZ w/2064 miles on it, and continued to rent it, a month at a time (my job required it) continuously for the next 7 months. At the end of my assignment, the car had 20,600 miles on the odometer, I'd become quite fond of it, and it didn't have even ONE DANGED THING WRONG WITH IT. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No rattles, dings, scratches, scuffs, etc, so, after several phone calls and some help from my buds at the rental car location, I started the process to pull the car out of the fleet & buy it. Bottom line: I made a truly good deal on it, it was delivered at the Chevy dealer w/full factory warranty, and I now own it. Still flawless. Go figure!

Favorite Features

Like the blue cabin lights for night driving, and the dash bin is very handy for sunglasses, phone charger cords, etc. The cloth seats in the LS are tough on my back, while the leather seats in the LTZ fit me great. The LTZ stereo system, OnStar, Traction control and Bluetooth are great features.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk opening is a bit too small, the LTZ 18 wheels w/Goodyear Eagles look nice, but they're too hard on rough roads. Put the Buick La Crosse 4 cyl engine in the LTZ (it's more powerful). Hopefully, the 2012 models will raise the roof and widen the body an inch or two here & there.

Exceeds our "expectations"
By dtgriffin

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I love our new Malibu! Our Malibu exceeds "all" of our expectations. The standard turn by turn navigation is awesome and easy to use. Hard to believe a family sedan comes standard with the paddle shift, which worked great while we took a drive through the Smokey mountains. We love everything about our new Malibu lt!

Favorite Features

Onstar navigation, paddle shift, comfort of the interior. Ride, gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Great just like it is!