2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
2010 Malibu LTZ
By CMD on 05/30/10 12:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This has been an excellent vehicle. For the price, the LTZ model is unbeatable in the luxuries it offers. Heated seats are great for the winter. For a four cylinder, the performance is excellent, it feels like it could be a V6. Handles just as well as my Saab. I am currently averaging more than 29 miles per gallon (about 24-25 city, 32-33 highway). It really looks like GM has improved their quality, no problems thus far. I am now back to buying American cars.

We bough american
By her 911 on 05/11/10 09:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our family needed a 4 door car with good trunk space. I didn't test drive any other cars. Sold on this vehicle immediately. Prices right too. We have not owned American cars since 1969. Our other cars are porsches ( 2007,1990) we love this car. Especially the Sirius radio and the interior lighting. Visibility from driver's side is not very good. Have to be careful of blind spots. Great mileage. We thought we hit the jackpot with this car.

Hit and lots of misses
By TeRedmond on 05/10/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted to like the car for sure. I do want an American car after all though this car seems a bit foreign for my tastes. Gas mileage was not that great, heavy load and not great trunk space. Use of foreign materials irked me greatly.

Smooth ride
By carol on 05/06/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased my Malibu last week. The car handles great, is comfortable, and everything i have read about the Malibu so far has been true. Warning: do not purchase the spoiler. The spoiler is about $350 and is a small 2- 3 inch lip added to the top of the trunk. I wanted to "Sport Up" a little, and found out the hard way that this spoiler is not the way to do it. If you want a sporty look, go to a specialty shop. GM should be ashamed to call this a spoiler. Otherwise, i love the car. I just wish there were sportier options, like the original Malibu's with the white stripes down the hood, top and trunk.

Just Love My Chevy
By MaryRose on 05/02/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle is outstanding, from bumper to bumper. So far I have put on 1000 miles. I get about 18 miles to the gallon around town (lots of start and stopping) and as for the freeway, I get 31 miles to the gallon. This car handles so well and I love being able to input driving directions and then calling them up via OnStar. The color I chose was Mocha Steel Metallic. In the shade is looks black and in the sunlight, grayish brown with little bits of metallic. Very unique color. Why would anyone consider a Toyota or Honda?

Interior Design Flaws
By Sophia on 04/28/10 13:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Interior shiny chrome features near gear shift and dash area blind the driver during daytime driving. Matte silver would be a safer design option. Radio buttons on steering wheel should be on LEFT side, since most people utilize their right hand to do other things besides drive (talk on phone, drink beverage, get items from passenger seat, etc)

2010 Malibu LT2
By Jim Taubitz on 04/26/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the Malibu for a few months and I am delighted with the vehicle. The exterior looks with the 17" chrome wheels is very sharp and the 2 tone interior and is contemporary and very clean. Build quality has been great and the car is fun to drive. Road handling, suspension and driving dynamics are all very impressive. Best testimonial - My kids love to drive that car and think it looks very cool!

Poor comfort driver front seat
By Moose on 04/25/10 21:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The car has great styling, and alot of good options for the money. Both myself and wife are having prolems with the driver side seat and haedrest. We are just not confortable. We like the looks and ride of this car.

Total Transmission Failure
By lindahat on 04/15/10 05:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this beautiful brand new Malibu LT after driving only GM trucks for a long time. What a great car! But after owning it just short of 3 months, and only 1500 miles, it has had three major problems develop, all within 24 hrs: 1) dash lights went off and on, 2) cruise control engaged and accelerated on it's own, going uphill, 3) total transmission failure! The repairing dealership has had it a week and is now taking out the entire transmission for replacement. This car is obviously a lemon and we have asked for our money back! No response as yet. Does GM care about rebuilding their image? We shall see how we are treated.

Very nice car
By packerfan on 04/07/10 14:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am a 78 year old driver and being a salesman for many years driving a new car every year I have had a lot of experience with different cars. Driving this little car home was a great experience. I got it Jan 25, 2010 an so far have 1700 miles on it. Gas mileage is excellent 26 town and 33- 35 using the cruise. Great car for the money!! Fun to drive!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu in NJ is:

$238 per month*