Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Great value, beautiful car, but still has "GM-ness"
By nick7302

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Malibu in August of 2010. It is January 2011 now and we've already got near 12k miles. LTZ is very sharp looking, the features are great, and a strong value for the dollar. Still, not perfect: Gas mileage is rated 22/33--we average 24-26 on mostly rural and secondary/suburban roads, which is less than I'd expect. We did have the airbag light come on around 9k miles and we had to take it in to the dealer to have a sensor replaced. There are other signs of old GM here...if you press the overhead light or sunroof buttons the headliner flexes quite a bit. Rubber trim around sunroof looks sloppy. Transmission hunts and engine can be buzzy during warm up.

In LTZ trim, I still think this is the classiest looking car in it's class. Almost Germanic. Sonata, Optima, Mazda6 are more sharp now, but may not age as well. Bluetooth, Onstar navigation, heated seats, leather, and more all come standard with LTZ. Only option we got was a sunroof. Very low maintenance schedule...practically nothing but oil changes for the first 50k. Timing Chain, not belt. Ecotec is buzzy but (supposedly) durable. Good size, 5-star crash ratings all around. Manual shift feature. Nice ride and handling mix, in my opinion.

Although panel gaps are uniform and thin, doors close with a solid thunk, etc., there are still signs of a lapse in build quality (see aforementioned headliner flex and messy trim lining around sunroof). Also some plastics and materials used are still a bit cheap, although overall interior design is sharp. Transmission can sometimes seem confused. Trunk opening is pathetically small--very hard to get a stroller in there, and that's important for a family sedan. GM--please post realistic EPA figures. I used to always get highway figures on my route; now I'm barely beating city with this car. Most of all, I hope the car proves to not require more unplanned maintenance or dealer visit

I enjoy this car
By seadog5

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just went over 10000 on my LTZ and have not had a single problem. We have taken two long trips in it and found it to be comfortable and quiet. Handled really nice in some heavy winds when other cars were being blown all over. I have not yet driven it in the snow but it has good traction in the rain. The dealer is great and I love all the little toys in the car.

The heated seats and the great way the car handles. It is quiet and the front seat feels open and comfortable. We drove a Buick LaCross which was great but I felt like I was trapped in the drivers seat

Would like to see a 6 speed trans and improved gas milage. I get an average of 24 which is OK but with gas closing in on 3 bucks a gallon it could get expensive pretty quick for long drives.

Buyers Remorse
By dquibie

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my Impala for a Malibu and regret it. The LS gets poor gas mileage. The steering wheel does not adjust high enough so you constantly hit your knees when getting in. It does NOT seat 5 comfortably. Road noise is loud. The trunk opening is too small for luggage or carts.It is a beautiful car on the outside and I love the OnStar but otherwise, I would not recommend this vehicle. The LT model is supposed to get better gas mileage but is no more comfortable.

OnStar

adjustable steering wheel,larger trunk opening, more adapters in front, better gas mileage

Great looks - Not so great gas
By xxmexboixx

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have loved this car since the second i saw it. Color coordinated interior, features, space, etc. The aesthetics are very appealing. Power got you down? Throw that bad boy into manual and watch it take off. I actually think it changes gears better in manual. However, my love has a dark side as the car says i'm not getting more than 19MPG....i commute 80 miles a day and this is absurd to me. I sit in traffic half the time and am moving the other half. Filled up my tank and did the math and i actually get a bit over 23 MPG but still not acceptable. I wish it got just 5 MPG more. considering switching to the Cruze. Gas is the ONLY downside i have so far for this vehicle.

Bluetooth XM Power EVERYTHING (door locks, windows, etc.) Color Coordinated Interior Exterior Design (Specifically front end) Paddle Shifters Interior Accent Lights Trunk Space Rear Passenger Space (my friends on average are 6'0" - 200 lbs +) 5 years / 100,000 wrty

GAS MILEAGE! This is the ONLY problem with this car (so far) other than that i have no other suggested improvements.

Best car ever
By nick

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 210 malibu for 1 mo now this is the best car i have ever bought. i've had hondas and ford they cannot compete with this car i would buy another one in a heart beat. great job gm your back on my list of best cars

all