Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Great looks - Not so great gas
By xxmexboixx

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have loved this car since the second i saw it. Color coordinated interior, features, space, etc. The aesthetics are very appealing. Power got you down? Throw that bad boy into manual and watch it take off. I actually think it changes gears better in manual. However, my love has a dark side as the car says i'm not getting more than 19MPG....i commute 80 miles a day and this is absurd to me. I sit in traffic half the time and am moving the other half. Filled up my tank and did the math and i actually get a bit over 23 MPG but still not acceptable. I wish it got just 5 MPG more. considering switching to the Cruze. Gas is the ONLY downside i have so far for this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth XM Power EVERYTHING (door locks, windows, etc.) Color Coordinated Interior Exterior Design (Specifically front end) Paddle Shifters Interior Accent Lights Trunk Space Rear Passenger Space (my friends on average are 6'0" - 200 lbs +) 5 years / 100,000 wrty

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE! This is the ONLY problem with this car (so far) other than that i have no other suggested improvements.

Best car ever
By nick

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 210 malibu for 1 mo now this is the best car i have ever bought. i've had hondas and ford they cannot compete with this car i would buy another one in a heart beat. great job gm your back on my list of best cars

Favorite Features

all

Suggested Improvements

none

I am totally in love with this car!
By KimberleyC

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After extensive reading of Edmunds reviews and comments by owners of various sedans I focused my search on the Chevy Malibu for safety ratings, MPG, and style. I didn't think I could afford the higher trim level but searched until I found one I could afford. I bought a pre-owned 2010 LT2 with only 960 miles on it! I love everything about my car! The interior is far nicer than lower trim levels that disappointed me as appearing "cheap." This car is a 4- cylinder and has plenty of pep and sips gas! The interior cabin is my favorite. It was a stylish interior with ambient night light and luxurious feel and all the amenities I'd hoped to afford. Totally a "best buy" for me! I love it!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, remote start, sunroof, chrome wheels, gas economy, leather seats, heated seats, spaciousness, great acceleration, and luxurious interior. Appreciate the Chevy powertrain warranty. Made in America!

Suggested Improvements

I am pressed to think of any major improvements. Would like to see a "bump" strip on the side door panels and a chrome strip at the bottom, underneath the doors for easy cleaning. A person of large stature may have a difficult time getting in and out. I would add a handle for passenger front seat.

Beware of Chevy Customer Service.
By IMom

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a beautiful 2010 Chevy Malibu in May 2010. Started having 'misfiring' problems in July. Long story short, I have had it for just 5 months 3 of which it has had issues. 4 times in and out of the dealer to try and get it fixed. Called Chevy Customer service and basically got nothing. They don't help, don't call back or if they do it's to repeat what the dealer has already told me. Supposedly it's an intermittent problem and they can't fix it unless they can reproduce it even after diagnostics shows 'misfires'. Then they say they will help get me out of the problem and change their mind the next day. Bottom line is no customer satisfaction. Wish I would have kept my Ford Fusion!

Favorite Features

Style, design, quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Make windows bigger for less blind spots.

Some driving issues
By Bob

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Opted for the v6, gas mileage is poor, performance is just ok, small trunk opening, can't get anything in it without twisting and turning the article, seats are uncomfortable, visibility is very bad, took rear seat headrest off, put them on front seats because they are smaller, stored the front seat ones, when I looked into the rear view mirror all I saw was headrest, looking forward with the large a pillars is outright dangerous, XM radio poor reception, constantly get disconnected with blue tooth, its useless, my 2007 Impala ltz with 3.9 v6 was peppy and great gas mileage, nice car but this could be better, hard to get in and out, low roofline always hitting head getting in and out

Favorite Features

Good sounding am/fm/xm radio, fairly quiet ride

Suggested Improvements

Better outside visibility, improve on gas mileage and performance, On star should be an option