2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Too much road noise
By sugar12 on 06/28/10 07:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Too much road noise and the ride is not all that smooth. Not enough get up and go power.

Car of the Year
By KenU on 06/25/10 11:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven this car for about 1200 miles and other than a slightly annoying rattle from the trunk floorboard I love it. Having driven a Saturn Ion, the first thing I noticed was the quiet and smooth ride and the ease of using all of the bells and whistles (OK, toys) that come with the LTZ. I would recommend this car to anyone considering a purchase of this class.

Great mid-size sedan
By Malibu2010 on 06/19/10 20:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 Malibu 1LT Diamond Edition in May 2010. Before buying this car, I test-drove Ford Fusion, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, etc. Malibu had best performance and comfort when driving for the price. After owning it for a month, I got over 27 MPG with combined high way and local driving. I am very satisfied with the 2010 Malibu.

No Regrets
By fenrir on 06/19/10 16:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I needed to replace my '99 Chrysler 300M after 185,000. Thought I would miss the V-6, but the 6 speed 4 cylinder is just as fun to drive and I am now getting much better gas mileage. I can get about 440 miles per fill-up now instead on 350. No problems after 4,500 miles, just got first oil change. Hope it holds up, want it to last 10 years.

Love it
By Jim on 06/17/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall great purchase. Got 33.5 MPG on first trip over mountains to New England states. 26.4 around town. Handles well, pickup great for 4 cylinder, had Corolla 4 cylinder which had no guts. Power seats with lumbar support is great for my aching back and eases pain on long trips. Like the top of the dashboard compartment for storing EZ-Pass box and sun glasses. XM is great...will sign on for that and ON STAR after subscription ends. Got the Gold Mist exterior and Cocoa interior and I get a lot of compliments on its overall looks. Wife wants one too. Hers is an 07 Malibu. We are the "KEN AND BARBY MAILBU" couple. Great value for the money.

Bittersweet
By W.C. on 06/16/10 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If I had to pick one word to describe this car, it would be “bittersweet”. The sweet is the European look, from Opel designers in Russelsheim Germany. The 5 star NHTSA Ratings and many standard safety features. The price also compares well with other vehicles in the same class. The bitter comes from the engine’s lack of low end torque coupled to a transmission that is constantly down shifting to maintain traffic speed. On hills, it is not uncommon to have sudden downshifts to second, then third gear, sending the engine to high revolutions, which drops fuel economy to city driving rate or lower. I don't believe the Korean 6 speed would be any better.

My first sunroof auto
By B Marquez on 06/06/10 17:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely was sold on this car! I love its smooth ride, power sunroof, leather interior, good gas mileage and sporty chrome wheels. I couldn't have bought a nicer car for the price.

GM = GREAT MACHINE
By jopo on 06/05/10 11:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Having researched and read reviews on the Malibu before my purchase (still have a 05 Malibu Maxx with 90k miles and running strong) I am very happy with my Malibu purchase. The ride is quiet and comfortable and am averaging over 29 mpg on the 1900 miles I have driven so far. good job gm.

They're back!
By MalibuLou on 06/04/10 19:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Got the 6 cyl, what a joy to drive! Have 5k miles on it already. No problems, all smiles. Handles great, very quiet, very quick, and I am getting up to 30 mpg hwy! I avg 25+ mpg! Bose sound system is superb. Not a single problem with it yet! Comfortable, supportive seats and plenty of leg room in the back. My wife (Ms. Minivan) even likes to drive it. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Fun to drive
By nb10ma on 06/03/10 17:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am very happy with the Malibu. It is very good looking, the interior design is very classy and practical. It weighs over 3400 lb, but handles extremely well on highway around 75 mph.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*