Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Glad it was a rental-poor!
By rman961

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We rented this car to go on a 700 mile trip. The car is beautiful on the outside, but on the inside, it is made with mostly plastic. The seats could be more comfortable, and the cloth has no good quality whatsoever. Leg room is poor in the rear. The trunk is extremely small and you can barely fit a mid sized cooler in it! I'm so glad we didn't buy this car. Go with the Fusion!

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, radio controls, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Seats need to be more comfortable, build the interior with less plastic, make the car a little bigger.

2010 four cylinder Malibu.
By djm2

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like the styling of the vehicle, and the fit and finish of the vehicle is outstanding! ---- The build quality is excellent, --- but the four cylinder engine leaves a lot to be desired. ------ In terms of performance it does not come close to a four cylinder Honda Accord engine. --- The vehicle does not achieve the listed miles per gallon. The best that I have been able to achieve in 8,000 miles of ownership is 27 mpg, out of a posted 30 to 33mpg. --- The quality of the original equipment tires leaves a lot to be desired. ---- My four tires loose air between 2,500 mile service intervals. -- If I were to purchase this vehicle again, I would purchase the V6 model. Best regards. ----- Dwayne

Favorite Features

The quality of the interior. Seat quality. The layout of the instrument panel. Seat comfort. Handling on the road

Suggested Improvements

Better original equipment tires. A more powerful four cylinder engine.

Great value, beautiful car, but still has "GM-ness"
By nick7302

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Malibu in August of 2010. It is January 2011 now and we've already got near 12k miles. LTZ is very sharp looking, the features are great, and a strong value for the dollar. Still, not perfect: Gas mileage is rated 22/33--we average 24-26 on mostly rural and secondary/suburban roads, which is less than I'd expect. We did have the airbag light come on around 9k miles and we had to take it in to the dealer to have a sensor replaced. There are other signs of old GM here...if you press the overhead light or sunroof buttons the headliner flexes quite a bit. Rubber trim around sunroof looks sloppy. Transmission hunts and engine can be buzzy during warm up.

Favorite Features

In LTZ trim, I still think this is the classiest looking car in it's class. Almost Germanic. Sonata, Optima, Mazda6 are more sharp now, but may not age as well. Bluetooth, Onstar navigation, heated seats, leather, and more all come standard with LTZ. Only option we got was a sunroof. Very low maintenance schedule...practically nothing but oil changes for the first 50k. Timing Chain, not belt. Ecotec is buzzy but (supposedly) durable. Good size, 5-star crash ratings all around. Manual shift feature. Nice ride and handling mix, in my opinion.

Suggested Improvements

Although panel gaps are uniform and thin, doors close with a solid thunk, etc., there are still signs of a lapse in build quality (see aforementioned headliner flex and messy trim lining around sunroof). Also some plastics and materials used are still a bit cheap, although overall interior design is sharp. Transmission can sometimes seem confused. Trunk opening is pathetically small--very hard to get a stroller in there, and that's important for a family sedan. GM--please post realistic EPA figures. I used to always get highway figures on my route; now I'm barely beating city with this car. Most of all, I hope the car proves to not require more unplanned maintenance or dealer visit

I enjoy this car
By seadog5

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just went over 10000 on my LTZ and have not had a single problem. We have taken two long trips in it and found it to be comfortable and quiet. Handled really nice in some heavy winds when other cars were being blown all over. I have not yet driven it in the snow but it has good traction in the rain. The dealer is great and I love all the little toys in the car.

Favorite Features

The heated seats and the great way the car handles. It is quiet and the front seat feels open and comfortable. We drove a Buick LaCross which was great but I felt like I was trapped in the drivers seat

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see a 6 speed trans and improved gas milage. I get an average of 24 which is OK but with gas closing in on 3 bucks a gallon it could get expensive pretty quick for long drives.

Buyers Remorse
By dquibie

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my Impala for a Malibu and regret it. The LS gets poor gas mileage. The steering wheel does not adjust high enough so you constantly hit your knees when getting in. It does NOT seat 5 comfortably. Road noise is loud. The trunk opening is too small for luggage or carts.It is a beautiful car on the outside and I love the OnStar but otherwise, I would not recommend this vehicle. The LT model is supposed to get better gas mileage but is no more comfortable.

Favorite Features

OnStar

Suggested Improvements

adjustable steering wheel,larger trunk opening, more adapters in front, better gas mileage