2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Love it
By Jeff on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

GM nailed this one. Rides like a dream. Gets great mpg avg 35 mpg at 69 mp. I drive mostly highway miles. The trunk needs to be bigger other than that. Very happy.

Not Fun in the Summer
By Malibu10 on 09/04/10 08:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Before summer arrived I thought this car was the best, now not so much. There is a "surging" problem with the transmission when it is hot out and to date GM has not taken this issue seriously. I bought this car to support America, a family member who works for GM and now I am regretting it, too bad because if this issue was fixed the car would be perfect.

Stop whining, reviewers: it's a NICE car
By jes2 on 08/09/10 20:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Here's a story for you: I rented a 2010 Malibu LTZ w/2064 miles on it, and continued to rent it, a month at a time (my job required it) continuously for the next 7 months. At the end of my assignment, the car had 20,600 miles on the odometer, I'd become quite fond of it, and it didn't have even ONE DANGED THING WRONG WITH IT. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No rattles, dings, scratches, scuffs, etc, so, after several phone calls and some help from my buds at the rental car location, I started the process to pull the car out of the fleet & buy it. Bottom line: I made a truly good deal on it, it was delivered at the Chevy dealer w/full factory warranty, and I now own it. Still flawless. Go figure!

Exceeds our "expectations"
By dtgriffin on 07/29/10 09:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I love our new Malibu! Our Malibu exceeds "all" of our expectations. The standard turn by turn navigation is awesome and easy to use. Hard to believe a family sedan comes standard with the paddle shift, which worked great while we took a drive through the Smokey mountains. We love everything about our new Malibu lt!

Love my Malibu except for ...
By Mary Koch on 07/27/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the looks, the handling, the performance on the hills and freeway. I don't like the blind spots-can't see out back side window if there's a passenger in the front seat or behind me on the driver's side. Children's car seat's don't fit well in the back and no room for an adult in the middle - back seat is smaller than my old Camry. Trunk is small but does hold more than I thought it would. Don't get black interior if you have children! I have grandchildren so they aren't in the car a lot but when they are what a mess!

GM nailed it!
By welderwoman on 07/26/10 23:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love the car! The sunroof really makes it look sharp. I tried the Ford Fusion but the ride was choppy compared to the Malibu.I'm glad I tried the Malibu first because I wasn't happy with any other car. The ride is great, we both have bad backs so the ride was really important. I got a great deal to boot!I rode in a friend's Camry and it just doesn't compare. GM nail it with this one! On Star is great, I'll probably renew that.

Malibu 1LT i4
By Matthew on 07/17/10 12:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have sat in all different types, the LS, 1LT, 2LT, and the LTZ. This is very important to note. The LS is very basic and is limited, also the LS has a different automatic transmission, in 1 LT and up, there is an automatic 6- speed transmission + pedal shifters (I really like this option). If you have or you are looking into a Malibu LS and don't like the power or performance, please look into another model type. I spent about a little more and went from the LS to the 1LT, I am so glad I did! The interior was more stylish and there were a load of options that weren't available on the LS.

Worst car I ever drove in the city
By mike on 07/13/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great on the highway, is a different story in the city, every imperfection on the roadway is an adventure. Bring your cowboy hat and boots, because you'll think you're in a stagecoach,

Worth the Drive
By Chevy Deal on 07/08/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is great. Great look (interior and exterior), handling, fuel efficient (traded in a V6). Looked around before purchasing but glad we did make the right choice with the Malibu.

Still Under review
By CB on 06/29/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the vehicle after trading in 2003 Acura TL. (Point of clarification the vehicle I purchased is V-6 but didn't see the drop down item) The day after I bought the car the odometer read 138 miles, I decelerated (applied the brake) going around a corner and the engine stalled. Coasted then placed the car in park and restarted it. 2nd occurrence odometer reading 160 same issue. Next day returned to the dealership and no diagnostic codes displayed the problem. The dealership along with GM technical assistance believed it to be one of two problems the computer brain (fuse box) or the ignition switch not being properly grounded. Replaced both and problem has not reoccurred.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in WA is:

$175 per month*