Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

great looking exterior but wouldnt buy again...
By wolfmagic7

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

wife loved it but is easily impressed. i've driven this car for 1 year now and bought it after describing the testdrive as "adequate" to her and the salesman. when i feel different, i will change my review. we bought it from dealer near end of 3 year warranty and the first issue to fix was excess wind noise due to thin metal and windows. it was heaviest in its class so seemed safer against larger vehicles, but feels paper thin. closing doors sounds tinny. poor mileage way never ever coming close to ratings is biggest issue with it.

stereo bass seems a bit muffled until high volumes where it actually starts to sound good due to some built-in cascading loudness feature. every cup holder in the car is largely dysfunctional and cumbersome i.e. only 1 is unusable.

my top 2 complaints (also common): A. fuel economy is way under fuel rating my 09 malibu never reaches it and is consistently 15% under - my fullsize chrysler V6 gets better hwy miles B. front bumper too low scrapes on parking lot curb/stops and driveways Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan 2009 1. Front bumper too low to the ground. 2. Raise front a bit - hits curbs. 3.Front end too low - scrapes when going into some driveways and parking in most spaces with a curb. source: http://www.reviewcars.com/2009-chevrolet-malibu Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan 2010 4. The front bumper is too low & scrapes source: http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/malibu/2010/consumer-reviews.html

Looks great, noisy cheap interior
By MikeURL

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I actually have the 6 cylinder model but I can't find an option to review that version. I admit I was sold on this car by the looks. I really liked the way it looked on the outside so I overlooked a lot of other problems. Primarily I'm disappointed with the amount of noise when driving. The wheels and suspension transmit every little sound into the cabin. Also, the headliner squeaks and rattles. It is irritating but I don't want to try and get the dealer to take the whole headliner out and fix it. Also, the ride is very rough. You can feel every little crack in the pavement. The upside to that is that the handling is actually quite good. This car can corner on a dime.

The acceleration with the V6 is pretty strong. But under full throttle the engine makes so much noise you'll think it is going to explode (and not that good high rev noise, a bad tinny vibration noise). As I already mentioned, the car looks great with the 18 inch wheels and alloy rims. I love the remote start and onstar is pretty awesome. Just bear in mind that this model year does NOT offer smartphone access to your onstar account. Sadly because that is an awesome feature.

A pretty easy thing for GM to fix would be to upgrade the interior. The cheap looking plastic they used in the 2010 model is pretty bad. Also, if Chevy would enable the android app for onstar on this model year that would be nice. Anything they could do to reduce the road noise would help a lot. Overall it isn't a bad car. I got a really good price on it so that certainly helped me overlook the other problems.

pretty good car.
By shotgun1496

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

have had tons of issues but thats from tons of driving every day. car wasn't running good lately but then it hit a truck tire on the freeway, tore the crap out of the bottom of the car, got it fixed for $4000, but this car has never ran so great, i love it now rides smooth and quietly, runs good but to small of an engine for the car.

comfort.

performance.

Love it or hate it
By carlover1996

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Malibu in April of 2010. In the beginning we absolutely loved our Malibu. After a few months of owning it problems/things we dislike began to appear. First, the 4 cyl is not enough for this car. It has devoloped a hesitation when hitting the gas (delayed for 1-2 seconds sometimes and is dangerous when trying to get out of the way!). Second, the seats are hard and uncomfortable for more than a half hour. They hardly have ANY padding and the backseat had no center armrest. Third is visability, its not horrible, but if you are around 5 feet tall you will have trouble or cannot use your mirrors. Other than these issues the car is a good overall car, but we are about to trade it in.

Exterior looks, USB port in radio, dual power/ heated seats, spacious trunk

1)2.4 acceleration lag that cannot be fixed after a few months 2)Hard Seats 3)Bose stereo system could have more oomph 4)Visibality 5) Gas mileage (we live in Pittsburgh where there are tons of hills and we are averaging 15-16 mpg in mostly city driving!)

Am a big baller
By baller10

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my bu, I dont have any problems with my malibu, I bought it from an auction with 22k miles on it now it got 38k miles with no problems. I had a dvd with navigation installed and standing on 20 rims,fog light installed and replace the front and rear OEM speakers, and my mpg is still great. damn, my baby is all pimped out, it makes me feel like a big baller lol

on star,

sounds system, and synthetic engine oil.