2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great value, beautiful car, but still has "GM-ness"
By nick7302 on 01/06/11 13:25 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Malibu in August of 2010. It is January 2011 now and we've already got near 12k miles. LTZ is very sharp looking, the features are great, and a strong value for the dollar. Still, not perfect: Gas mileage is rated 22/33--we average 24-26 on mostly rural and secondary/suburban roads, which is less than I'd expect. We did have the airbag light come on around 9k miles and we had to take it in to the dealer to have a sensor replaced. There are other signs of old GM here...if you press the overhead light or sunroof buttons the headliner flexes quite a bit. Rubber trim around sunroof looks sloppy. Transmission hunts and engine can be buzzy during warm up.

I enjoy this car
By seadog5 on 01/02/11 19:34 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just went over 10000 on my LTZ and have not had a single problem. We have taken two long trips in it and found it to be comfortable and quiet. Handled really nice in some heavy winds when other cars were being blown all over. I have not yet driven it in the snow but it has good traction in the rain. The dealer is great and I love all the little toys in the car.

Buyers Remorse
By dquibie on 01/02/11 04:25 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my Impala for a Malibu and regret it. The LS gets poor gas mileage. The steering wheel does not adjust high enough so you constantly hit your knees when getting in. It does NOT seat 5 comfortably. Road noise is loud. The trunk opening is too small for luggage or carts.It is a beautiful car on the outside and I love the OnStar but otherwise, I would not recommend this vehicle. The LT model is supposed to get better gas mileage but is no more comfortable.

Great looks - Not so great gas
By xxmexboixx on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have loved this car since the second i saw it. Color coordinated interior, features, space, etc. The aesthetics are very appealing. Power got you down? Throw that bad boy into manual and watch it take off. I actually think it changes gears better in manual. However, my love has a dark side as the car says i'm not getting more than 19MPG....i commute 80 miles a day and this is absurd to me. I sit in traffic half the time and am moving the other half. Filled up my tank and did the math and i actually get a bit over 23 MPG but still not acceptable. I wish it got just 5 MPG more. considering switching to the Cruze. Gas is the ONLY downside i have so far for this vehicle.

Best car ever
By nick on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 210 malibu for 1 mo now this is the best car i have ever bought. i've had hondas and ford they cannot compete with this car i would buy another one in a heart beat. great job gm your back on my list of best cars

I am totally in love with this car!
By KimberleyC on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After extensive reading of Edmunds reviews and comments by owners of various sedans I focused my search on the Chevy Malibu for safety ratings, MPG, and style. I didn't think I could afford the higher trim level but searched until I found one I could afford. I bought a pre-owned 2010 LT2 with only 960 miles on it! I love everything about my car! The interior is far nicer than lower trim levels that disappointed me as appearing "cheap." This car is a 4- cylinder and has plenty of pep and sips gas! The interior cabin is my favorite. It was a stylish interior with ambient night light and luxurious feel and all the amenities I'd hoped to afford. Totally a "best buy" for me! I love it!

Beware of Chevy Customer Service.
By IMom on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a beautiful 2010 Chevy Malibu in May 2010. Started having 'misfiring' problems in July. Long story short, I have had it for just 5 months 3 of which it has had issues. 4 times in and out of the dealer to try and get it fixed. Called Chevy Customer service and basically got nothing. They don't help, don't call back or if they do it's to repeat what the dealer has already told me. Supposedly it's an intermittent problem and they can't fix it unless they can reproduce it even after diagnostics shows 'misfires'. Then they say they will help get me out of the problem and change their mind the next day. Bottom line is no customer satisfaction. Wish I would have kept my Ford Fusion!

Some driving issues
By Bob on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Opted for the v6, gas mileage is poor, performance is just ok, small trunk opening, can't get anything in it without twisting and turning the article, seats are uncomfortable, visibility is very bad, took rear seat headrest off, put them on front seats because they are smaller, stored the front seat ones, when I looked into the rear view mirror all I saw was headrest, looking forward with the large a pillars is outright dangerous, XM radio poor reception, constantly get disconnected with blue tooth, its useless, my 2007 Impala ltz with 3.9 v6 was peppy and great gas mileage, nice car but this could be better, hard to get in and out, low roofline always hitting head getting in and out

Great Car
By John on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been very pleased with this car. Before purchasing I test drove a Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima, and Toyota Camry. This car had the best ride and had better styling than these others. Whenever I have rented another midsized car during the past year, I am anxious to get back to my Malibu. Attention was given to the small details in the Malibu that other competitors did not. The ride is smooth, and the interior is very stylish and quiet. I love the interior two tone titanium color. The black interior was too dark for me. Overall, this is a great car.

Love it
By Jeff on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

GM nailed this one. Rides like a dream. Gets great mpg avg 35 mpg at 69 mp. I drive mostly highway miles. The trunk needs to be bigger other than that. Very happy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu in WA is:

$175 per month*