2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
great looking exterior but wouldnt buy again...
By wolfmagic7 on 10/25/12 16:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

wife loved it but is easily impressed. i've driven this car for 1 year now and bought it after describing the testdrive as "adequate" to her and the salesman. when i feel different, i will change my review. we bought it from dealer near end of 3 year warranty and the first issue to fix was excess wind noise due to thin metal and windows. it was heaviest in its class so seemed safer against larger vehicles, but feels paper thin. closing doors sounds tinny. poor mileage way never ever coming close to ratings is biggest issue with it.

Looks great, noisy cheap interior
By MikeURL on 10/07/12 16:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I actually have the 6 cylinder model but I can't find an option to review that version. I admit I was sold on this car by the looks. I really liked the way it looked on the outside so I overlooked a lot of other problems. Primarily I'm disappointed with the amount of noise when driving. The wheels and suspension transmit every little sound into the cabin. Also, the headliner squeaks and rattles. It is irritating but I don't want to try and get the dealer to take the whole headliner out and fix it. Also, the ride is very rough. You can feel every little crack in the pavement. The upside to that is that the handling is actually quite good. This car can corner on a dime.

pretty good car.
By shotgun1496 on 07/26/12 00:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

have had tons of issues but thats from tons of driving every day. car wasn't running good lately but then it hit a truck tire on the freeway, tore the crap out of the bottom of the car, got it fixed for $4000, but this car has never ran so great, i love it now rides smooth and quietly, runs good but to small of an engine for the car.

Love it or hate it
By carlover1996 on 07/15/12 15:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Malibu in April of 2010. In the beginning we absolutely loved our Malibu. After a few months of owning it problems/things we dislike began to appear. First, the 4 cyl is not enough for this car. It has devoloped a hesitation when hitting the gas (delayed for 1-2 seconds sometimes and is dangerous when trying to get out of the way!). Second, the seats are hard and uncomfortable for more than a half hour. They hardly have ANY padding and the backseat had no center armrest. Third is visability, its not horrible, but if you are around 5 feet tall you will have trouble or cannot use your mirrors. Other than these issues the car is a good overall car, but we are about to trade it in.

Am a big baller
By baller10 on 05/20/12 19:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my bu, I dont have any problems with my malibu, I bought it from an auction with 22k miles on it now it got 38k miles with no problems. I had a dvd with navigation installed and standing on 20 rims,fog light installed and replace the front and rear OEM speakers, and my mpg is still great. damn, my baby is all pimped out, it makes me feel like a big baller lol

Chevy runs shallow
By landroverblows on 04/06/12 07:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The plastic seat backs snap out of place when I put any pressure on the back. I'm 6-3, 225. It has to be put back in place constantly. The front bumper is too low & scrapes when I enter dipped driveways. I have 3 black scuffs on white paint on underside bumper. There's 2 cup holders in the center console and the back soda always gets wedged in. There's not enough space for your gadgets in the open console. You have to stow everything away under the arm rest but I prefer a place where I can see and hear it. Dash molding above MPH popped out on 1 end - cheap glue. My left knee leans up against door and hits the trunk button while driving. Low tires. Chevy doesn't honor 'bumper2bumper". 27 mpg

Comparable to a "Cadi"
By ogcrew1 on 01/08/12 10:21 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have to say out of all the car's I have had (Jeeps, GM SUV's, Saabs, Volvos, Taurus SHO)... This car surprised me! I have owned this car for about six months now and have put 14,000 miles on it... I do mixed driving and in the spring/summer/ fall months I was getting 29MPG(mixed) and 32MPG(full highway). The comfort level is awesome, the 4-Cyl could use a little more pep but still when I need to go it moves. Overall I would and do recommend this car to friends.

Disappointed
By meer on 08/10/11 10:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought car for wife. The front seat bolsters are too high, uncomfortable on long ride. Ok, for smaller wife. Gas mileage is only 24 mpg. Service manager actually said it would get better after break in period, (car is 7 mo's old). The tire pressure fluctuates way to much. I'm always putting in air, Service mgr said this normal due to weather. Also had rear quarter panel pop loose from wheel well. Overall I'm disappointed in the car. We went from a Chrysler Concord with 194,000 miles on it a 3.5 V 6 that got 27 miles to the gal on trips. GM needs to readdress their business goals. I wanted to buy American but got burned.

No Thank You!
By gotonana on 07/20/11 10:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car for it's high estimated mpg. If 15.9 to 19 is high then I guess I got what I paid for!! The dealership tells me nothing is wrong with this 4 cylinder car!!

So far I count myself LUCKY
By beguilingirl on 04/06/11 16:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far everything is going great with my new-to-me Malibu. It is spacious & well designed. I commute about 22-25 miles each way to work (mostly CA highways) and I'm averaging 29-32 mpg. And believe me, I am not going a steady 65mph for that whole time. I am standard rush hour 5pm traffic everyday. I took a 2 hour drive and my mpg was up 33. So far so good. That 15 gallon gas tank though makes a nice dent at every fill-up. All the internal features are really easy to use and intuitive designed. Love the sliding cup holder cover! As far as the steering wheel manual gear shifter, i wish that had been put some place else. Kinda get in my way but not enough to really complain.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$140 per month*