Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

One of the best cars i have owned
By bowls

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 10k on it, and now have almost 60k, not one problem or complaint, it is very dependable, wonderful performance, the appearance is beautiful, Chevrolet has finally figured out how to build like the foreign cars, the mileage is as expected, and is acceptable in town if driven carefully, I have kept up the standard maintenance only, nothing other than that, so it has always had oil changes when needed (3k), I would recommend this car to anyone, and the folks that had all the problems should intact the lemon law, as it was probably built on a Friday or Monday.

Performance, appearance, Mileage, dependability.

I have bought two sets of tires to try to get a smoother ride, but even with the most expensive the ride is a bit rough.

Passenger Airbag Problems
By foresterjoe

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car two years ago with only 21k on it. Drove it and loved it initially, then the car started to have issues. Since we have owned it (now over 2 years), we have had it in the shop 6 times; 5 of those dealing with the passenger air bag system and 1 to replace the final drive in the transmission. 3 out of the 5 times have been for the wiring harness/connectors. We just had it in last month for the airbag and guess what, yesterday we had the light come back on. Poor design that GM won't recognize as being a major problem. Thank goodness for extended warranty, but still costs us $100 a pop for deductible. Won't buy another GM car again. That's for sure!

Exterior styling and driving capability Great MPGs

Airbag issues resolved Cut down on the chrome inside the cabin Reduce the size of the posts inside to limit blind spots

3 years/70k miles and still going strong
By setht37

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 3 years and it now has over 70k miles on it and I have not had any issues with it. There are a couple squeaks and rattles here and there and sometimes the right turn signal does not go off when turning but I figure it is not a luxury car so what do you expect. I feel this car is just as reliable as a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. When I first got the car it did not get good gas mileage now that the engine is broken in it gets good mileage. I have gotten 33 mpg doing 80 with 5 people in the car and luggage in the trunk.

Absolute dissapointment
By coswife13

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 Malibu used with 55,888 miles on it. Lets just say I should have kept my 2007 Impala. I traded due to wanting a car without leather but needless to say that was a small problem compared to everything that has happened with this Malibu. I have been back to the dealership 6 times in the last month and a half that I have had it and it still isn't running properly. I had to put all new tires, new brakes, a new blower in the heater. My speakers are junk and they have put new struts on but I am still experiencing the same noise as before the "new" struts were on. I have never had to put this much work into a car before and my first car was 15 years old when I got it!

Nice pick up and go for a 4 cylinder, decently comfortable seats, nice body style

Should come equipped with better quality parts and more "technology" for being a 2010.

Great Car
By intoz24s

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife wanted the Buick Enclave but that's quite a bit more so we agreed on the Malibu. It's a nice car that rides well and is quiet on the road. Ours is the LTZ with the V6 and the engine is something beautiful to listen to when accelerating. The car on the highway truely does get 30-32 MPG.

The V6 is smooth and beautiful to listen too. The transmission is smooth and always knows what gear to be in (I'm used to 4 speed autos that just don't downshift when needed). The seats are comfortable for long drives and the ride is a nice combination of smooth, soft and sporty all in one.

The trunk has a small opening and isn't very high from the floor to the top. My wife is always complaining about the head rests and how they protrude too far foward and interfear with her "hair" (I have no problem with them). Ours has the paddles shifters and I realize the car magazines think owners want these things but they're really just in the way when resting your hands on the steering wheel.