Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Me

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever owned so far and I have had many. I won't bash other brands so I'll leave that out. I bought the car pre-owned with less than 10k on it and now have 85k. I am very pleased with how dependable this car is. The only thing I've had done "major" is new tires and brakes. Again it's at 85k miles... The interior is beautiful (have the 2 tone brown and cream color leather). I am 5'11 and my son is 6'1 and we fit comfortably in the front and back seat. I know how difficult it can be to find a car that "fits". Other features I enjoy is the sound system (I have a long daily commute to work), smooth ride, heated seats and remote start. The exterior appearance is classy. Things that could be better is the trunk opening and gas mileage for me is only averaging 22, for a 4 cylinder I was hoping for better, however I do drive aggressively.
I rely heavily on other reviews when making purchases and am very thankful that people write them..this is my first and I hope this review helps.
I would recommend this car to anyone.

Great Car
By intoz24s

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife wanted the Buick Enclave but that's quite a bit more so we agreed on the Malibu.
It's a nice car that rides well and is quiet on the road.
Ours is the LTZ with the V6 and the engine is something beautiful to listen to when accelerating.
The car on the highway truely does get 30-32 MPG.

The V6 is smooth and beautiful to listen too. The transmission is smooth and always knows what gear to be in (I'm used to 4 speed autos that just don't downshift when needed). The seats are comfortable for long drives and the ride is a nice combination of smooth, soft and sporty all in one.

The trunk has a small opening and isn't very high from the floor to the top. My wife is always complaining about the head rests and how they protrude too far foward and interfear with her "hair" (I have no problem with them). Ours has the paddles shifters and I realize the car magazines think owners want these things but they're really just in the way when resting your hands on the steering wheel.

Love it or hate it
By carlover1996

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Malibu in April of 2010. In the beginning we absolutely loved our Malibu. After a few months of owning it problems/things we dislike began to appear. First, the 4 cyl is not enough for this car. It has devoloped a hesitation when hitting the gas (delayed for 1-2 seconds sometimes and is dangerous when trying to get out of the way!). Second, the seats are hard and uncomfortable for more than a half hour. They hardly have ANY padding and the backseat had no center armrest. Third is visability, its not horrible, but if you are around 5 feet tall you will have trouble or cannot use your mirrors. Other than these issues the car is a good overall car, but we are about to trade it in.

Exterior looks, USB port in radio, dual power/ heated seats, spacious trunk

1)2.4 acceleration lag that cannot be fixed after a few months 2)Hard Seats 3)Bose stereo system could have more oomph 4)Visibality 5) Gas mileage (we live in Pittsburgh where there are tons of hills and we are averaging 15-16 mpg in mostly city driving!)

No Thank You!
By gotonana

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car for it's high estimated mpg. If 15.9 to 19 is high then I guess I got what I paid for!!
The dealership tells me nothing is wrong with this 4 cylinder car!!

2010 four cylinder Malibu.
By djm2

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like the styling of the vehicle, and the fit and finish of the vehicle is outstanding! ---- The build quality is excellent, --- but the four cylinder engine leaves a lot to be desired. ------ In terms of performance it does not come close to a four cylinder Honda Accord engine. --- The vehicle does not achieve the listed miles per gallon. The best that I have been able to achieve in 8,000 miles of ownership is 27 mpg, out of a posted 30 to 33mpg. --- The quality of the original equipment tires leaves a lot to be desired. ---- My four tires loose air between 2,500 mile service intervals. -- If I were to purchase this vehicle again, I would purchase the V6 model.
Best regards. ----- Dwayne

The quality of the interior. Seat quality. The layout of the instrument panel. Seat comfort. Handling on the road

Better original equipment tires. A more powerful four cylinder engine.