2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Looks great, noisy cheap interior
By MikeURL on 10/07/12 16:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I actually have the 6 cylinder model but I can't find an option to review that version. I admit I was sold on this car by the looks. I really liked the way it looked on the outside so I overlooked a lot of other problems. Primarily I'm disappointed with the amount of noise when driving. The wheels and suspension transmit every little sound into the cabin. Also, the headliner squeaks and rattles. It is irritating but I don't want to try and get the dealer to take the whole headliner out and fix it. Also, the ride is very rough. You can feel every little crack in the pavement. The upside to that is that the handling is actually quite good. This car can corner on a dime.

Comparable to a "Cadi"
By ogcrew1 on 01/08/12 10:21 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have to say out of all the car's I have had (Jeeps, GM SUV's, Saabs, Volvos, Taurus SHO)... This car surprised me! I have owned this car for about six months now and have put 14,000 miles on it... I do mixed driving and in the spring/summer/ fall months I was getting 29MPG(mixed) and 32MPG(full highway). The comfort level is awesome, the 4-Cyl could use a little more pep but still when I need to go it moves. Overall I would and do recommend this car to friends.

So far I count myself LUCKY
By beguilingirl on 04/06/11 16:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far everything is going great with my new-to-me Malibu. It is spacious & well designed. I commute about 22-25 miles each way to work (mostly CA highways) and I'm averaging 29-32 mpg. And believe me, I am not going a steady 65mph for that whole time. I am standard rush hour 5pm traffic everyday. I took a 2 hour drive and my mpg was up 33. So far so good. That 15 gallon gas tank though makes a nice dent at every fill-up. All the internal features are really easy to use and intuitive designed. Love the sliding cup holder cover! As far as the steering wheel manual gear shifter, i wish that had been put some place else. Kinda get in my way but not enough to really complain.

Great looks - Not so great gas
By xxmexboixx on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have loved this car since the second i saw it. Color coordinated interior, features, space, etc. The aesthetics are very appealing. Power got you down? Throw that bad boy into manual and watch it take off. I actually think it changes gears better in manual. However, my love has a dark side as the car says i'm not getting more than 19MPG....i commute 80 miles a day and this is absurd to me. I sit in traffic half the time and am moving the other half. Filled up my tank and did the math and i actually get a bit over 23 MPG but still not acceptable. I wish it got just 5 MPG more. considering switching to the Cruze. Gas is the ONLY downside i have so far for this vehicle.

I am totally in love with this car!
By KimberleyC on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After extensive reading of Edmunds reviews and comments by owners of various sedans I focused my search on the Chevy Malibu for safety ratings, MPG, and style. I didn't think I could afford the higher trim level but searched until I found one I could afford. I bought a pre-owned 2010 LT2 with only 960 miles on it! I love everything about my car! The interior is far nicer than lower trim levels that disappointed me as appearing "cheap." This car is a 4- cylinder and has plenty of pep and sips gas! The interior cabin is my favorite. It was a stylish interior with ambient night light and luxurious feel and all the amenities I'd hoped to afford. Totally a "best buy" for me! I love it!

Love it
By Jeff on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

GM nailed this one. Rides like a dream. Gets great mpg avg 35 mpg at 69 mp. I drive mostly highway miles. The trunk needs to be bigger other than that. Very happy.

Love my Malibu except for ...
By Mary Koch on 07/27/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the looks, the handling, the performance on the hills and freeway. I don't like the blind spots-can't see out back side window if there's a passenger in the front seat or behind me on the driver's side. Children's car seat's don't fit well in the back and no room for an adult in the middle - back seat is smaller than my old Camry. Trunk is small but does hold more than I thought it would. Don't get black interior if you have children! I have grandchildren so they aren't in the car a lot but when they are what a mess!

My first sunroof auto
By B Marquez on 06/06/10 17:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely was sold on this car! I love its smooth ride, power sunroof, leather interior, good gas mileage and sporty chrome wheels. I couldn't have bought a nicer car for the price.

Hit and lots of misses
By TeRedmond on 05/10/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted to like the car for sure. I do want an American car after all though this car seems a bit foreign for my tastes. Gas mileage was not that great, heavy load and not great trunk space. Use of foreign materials irked me greatly.

2010 Malibu LT2
By Jim Taubitz on 04/26/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the Malibu for a few months and I am delighted with the vehicle. The exterior looks with the 17" chrome wheels is very sharp and the 2 tone interior and is contemporary and very clean. Build quality has been great and the car is fun to drive. Road handling, suspension and driving dynamics are all very impressive. Best testimonial - My kids love to drive that car and think it looks very cool!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in VA is:

$129 per month*