Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Looks great, noisy cheap interior
By MikeURL

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I actually have the 6 cylinder model but I can't find an option to review that version. I admit I was sold on this car by the looks. I really liked the way it looked on the outside so I overlooked a lot of other problems. Primarily I'm disappointed with the amount of noise when driving. The wheels and suspension transmit every little sound into the cabin. Also, the headliner squeaks and rattles. It is irritating but I don't want to try and get the dealer to take the whole headliner out and fix it. Also, the ride is very rough. You can feel every little crack in the pavement. The upside to that is that the handling is actually quite good. This car can corner on a dime.

Favorite Features

The acceleration with the V6 is pretty strong. But under full throttle the engine makes so much noise you'll think it is going to explode (and not that good high rev noise, a bad tinny vibration noise). As I already mentioned, the car looks great with the 18 inch wheels and alloy rims. I love the remote start and onstar is pretty awesome. Just bear in mind that this model year does NOT offer smartphone access to your onstar account. Sadly because that is an awesome feature.

Suggested Improvements

A pretty easy thing for GM to fix would be to upgrade the interior. The cheap looking plastic they used in the 2010 model is pretty bad. Also, if Chevy would enable the android app for onstar on this model year that would be nice. Anything they could do to reduce the road noise would help a lot. Overall it isn't a bad car. I got a really good price on it so that certainly helped me overlook the other problems.

Comparable to a "Cadi"
By ogcrew1

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have to say out of all the car's I have had (Jeeps, GM SUV's, Saabs, Volvos, Taurus SHO)... This car surprised me! I have owned this car for about six months now and have put 14,000 miles on it... I do mixed driving and in the spring/summer/ fall months I was getting 29MPG(mixed) and 32MPG(full highway). The comfort level is awesome, the 4-Cyl could use a little more pep but still when I need to go it moves. Overall I would and do recommend this car to friends.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, remote start, ICE blue lit speedometer, OnStar, 6-Speed TAP shift controls on the steering wheel, large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger 4-Cyl, upgraded Audio on 2-LT models, sunroof auto-close function would be nice

So far I count myself LUCKY
By beguilingirl

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far everything is going great with my new-to-me Malibu. It is spacious & well designed. I commute about 22-25 miles each way to work (mostly CA highways) and I'm averaging 29-32 mpg. And believe me, I am not going a steady 65mph for that whole time. I am standard rush hour 5pm traffic everyday. I took a 2 hour drive and my mpg was up 33. So far so good. That 15 gallon gas tank though makes a nice dent at every fill-up. All the internal features are really easy to use and intuitive designed. Love the sliding cup holder cover! As far as the steering wheel manual gear shifter, i wish that had been put some place else. Kinda get in my way but not enough to really complain.

Great looks - Not so great gas
By xxmexboixx

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have loved this car since the second i saw it. Color coordinated interior, features, space, etc. The aesthetics are very appealing. Power got you down? Throw that bad boy into manual and watch it take off. I actually think it changes gears better in manual. However, my love has a dark side as the car says i'm not getting more than 19MPG....i commute 80 miles a day and this is absurd to me. I sit in traffic half the time and am moving the other half. Filled up my tank and did the math and i actually get a bit over 23 MPG but still not acceptable. I wish it got just 5 MPG more. considering switching to the Cruze. Gas is the ONLY downside i have so far for this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth XM Power EVERYTHING (door locks, windows, etc.) Color Coordinated Interior Exterior Design (Specifically front end) Paddle Shifters Interior Accent Lights Trunk Space Rear Passenger Space (my friends on average are 6'0" - 200 lbs +) 5 years / 100,000 wrty

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE! This is the ONLY problem with this car (so far) other than that i have no other suggested improvements.

I am totally in love with this car!
By KimberleyC

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After extensive reading of Edmunds reviews and comments by owners of various sedans I focused my search on the Chevy Malibu for safety ratings, MPG, and style. I didn't think I could afford the higher trim level but searched until I found one I could afford. I bought a pre-owned 2010 LT2 with only 960 miles on it! I love everything about my car! The interior is far nicer than lower trim levels that disappointed me as appearing "cheap." This car is a 4- cylinder and has plenty of pep and sips gas! The interior cabin is my favorite. It was a stylish interior with ambient night light and luxurious feel and all the amenities I'd hoped to afford. Totally a "best buy" for me! I love it!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, remote start, sunroof, chrome wheels, gas economy, leather seats, heated seats, spaciousness, great acceleration, and luxurious interior. Appreciate the Chevy powertrain warranty. Made in America!

Suggested Improvements

I am pressed to think of any major improvements. Would like to see a "bump" strip on the side door panels and a chrome strip at the bottom, underneath the doors for easy cleaning. A person of large stature may have a difficult time getting in and out. I would add a handle for passenger front seat.