Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

headlights
By berke

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just had to pay $120.00 labor to change a low beam bulb. Not blaming the mechanics but the designers who did such a poor job. If you haven't had to change a bulb you will be shocked. I have always changed the headlights myself, up to now, but this is ridiculous.

Hmmmm, still thinking.

Make headlights accessible. Light went out on vacation and I couldn't get it into a shop for 3 days.

3 years/70k miles and still going strong
By setht37

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 3 years and it now has over 70k miles on it and I have not had any issues with it. There are a couple squeaks and rattles here and there and sometimes the right turn signal does not go off when turning but I figure it is not a luxury car so what do you expect. I feel this car is just as reliable as a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. When I first got the car it did not get good gas mileage now that the engine is broken in it gets good mileage. I have gotten 33 mpg doing 80 with 5 people in the car and luggage in the trunk.

Absolute dissapointment
By coswife13

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 Malibu used with 55,888 miles on it. Lets just say I should have kept my 2007 Impala. I traded due to wanting a car without leather but needless to say that was a small problem compared to everything that has happened with this Malibu. I have been back to the dealership 6 times in the last month and a half that I have had it and it still isn't running properly. I had to put all new tires, new brakes, a new blower in the heater. My speakers are junk and they have put new struts on but I am still experiencing the same noise as before the "new" struts were on. I have never had to put this much work into a car before and my first car was 15 years old when I got it!

Nice pick up and go for a 4 cylinder, decently comfortable seats, nice body style

Should come equipped with better quality parts and more "technology" for being a 2010.

Disappointed
By meer

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought car for wife. The front seat bolsters are too high, uncomfortable on long ride. Ok, for smaller wife. Gas mileage is only 24 mpg. Service manager actually said it would get better after break in period, (car is 7 mo's old). The tire pressure fluctuates way to much. I'm always putting in air, Service mgr said this normal due to weather. Also had rear quarter panel pop loose from wheel well. Overall I'm disappointed in the car. We went from a Chrysler Concord with 194,000 miles on it a 3.5 V 6 that got 27 miles to the gal on trips. GM needs to readdress their business goals. I wanted to buy American but got burned.

Redesign front seats, make it comfortable for wide people also. Find a 4 banger with better gas mileage. They are out there. Look at what Nissan and Honda have.

Glad it was a rental-poor!
By rman961

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We rented this car to go on a 700 mile trip. The car is beautiful on the outside, but on the inside, it is made with mostly plastic. The seats could be more comfortable, and the cloth has no good quality whatsoever. Leg room is poor in the rear. The trunk is extremely small and you can barely fit a mid sized cooler in it! I'm so glad we didn't buy this car. Go with the Fusion!

Exterior looks, radio controls, gas mileage.

Seats need to be more comfortable, build the interior with less plastic, make the car a little bigger.