2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Better than what I had
By jwh_2014 on 06/21/14 06:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Taurus.., I miss that car but I did a definite upgrade with this Malibu. My family is glad that I have actually have a car that won't leave me stranded anymore. I love the car even though there are downsides like trunk space, but other than that I love it.

Don't buy GM
By happygirl7h on 03/21/14 08:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was told I was buying it under bluebook its now worth less than 1/2 and its 4 years old. Began having problems with lights, engine speed lost on freeway and expensive repairs every year. Not worth it, I am told these are rental cars. I will stick with Honda or Subaru, something reliable. I will never buy a GM again.

good for the money
By jack373 on 03/12/14 12:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the Malibu new. Wife wanted an auto (4 speed), but not a six. Last one on the lot. Offered $18,900 total drive out and the dealer took it. Have put 47,000 miles on it with few problems. Only regular maintenance (tires, oil. air filter). Glad it has the timing chain and not a belt. Had to have the emergency brake replaced under warranty. Per dealer, emergency brake warning chime only works when going forward (not in reverse).

Piece of Junk
By wspringer on 12/09/13 15:02 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car looks pretty nice on the outside, but that's about it. It sits WAY too low. The drivers seat is like a cockpit. There is no comfortable driving position if you put up the seat higher, you just hit into the steering wheel, and it sits very very low inside of the vehicle. It is loaded with blind spots; the car is very hard to get a good view out of. Obviously not meant for someone taller than 5 foot. The seat itself is also hard as a rock. Back seats are very cramped. Everything inside is a junky plastic. I think I will be sticking with my 1991 Ford Country Squire.

One of the best cars i have owned
By bowls on 11/13/13 08:43 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 10k on it, and now have almost 60k, not one problem or complaint, it is very dependable, wonderful performance, the appearance is beautiful, Chevrolet has finally figured out how to build like the foreign cars, the mileage is as expected, and is acceptable in town if driven carefully, I have kept up the standard maintenance only, nothing other than that, so it has always had oil changes when needed (3k), I would recommend this car to anyone, and the folks that had all the problems should intact the lemon law, as it was probably built on a Friday or Monday.

Passenger Airbag Problems
By foresterjoe on 08/26/13 10:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car two years ago with only 21k on it. Drove it and loved it initially, then the car started to have issues. Since we have owned it (now over 2 years), we have had it in the shop 6 times; 5 of those dealing with the passenger air bag system and 1 to replace the final drive in the transmission. 3 out of the 5 times have been for the wiring harness/connectors. We just had it in last month for the airbag and guess what, yesterday we had the light come back on. Poor design that GM won't recognize as being a major problem. Thank goodness for extended warranty, but still costs us $100 a pop for deductible. Won't buy another GM car again. That's for sure!

3 years/70k miles and still going strong
By setht37 on 08/06/13 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 3 years and it now has over 70k miles on it and I have not had any issues with it. There are a couple squeaks and rattles here and there and sometimes the right turn signal does not go off when turning but I figure it is not a luxury car so what do you expect. I feel this car is just as reliable as a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. When I first got the car it did not get good gas mileage now that the engine is broken in it gets good mileage. I have gotten 33 mpg doing 80 with 5 people in the car and luggage in the trunk.

Absolute dissapointment
By coswife13 on 02/25/13 20:10 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 Malibu used with 55,888 miles on it. Lets just say I should have kept my 2007 Impala. I traded due to wanting a car without leather but needless to say that was a small problem compared to everything that has happened with this Malibu. I have been back to the dealership 6 times in the last month and a half that I have had it and it still isn't running properly. I had to put all new tires, new brakes, a new blower in the heater. My speakers are junk and they have put new struts on but I am still experiencing the same noise as before the "new" struts were on. I have never had to put this much work into a car before and my first car was 15 years old when I got it!

Great Car
By intoz24s on 12/04/12 20:44 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife wanted the Buick Enclave but that's quite a bit more so we agreed on the Malibu. It's a nice car that rides well and is quiet on the road. Ours is the LTZ with the V6 and the engine is something beautiful to listen to when accelerating. The car on the highway truely does get 30-32 MPG.

great looking exterior but wouldnt buy again...
By wolfmagic7 on 10/25/12 16:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

wife loved it but is easily impressed. i've driven this car for 1 year now and bought it after describing the testdrive as "adequate" to her and the salesman. when i feel different, i will change my review. we bought it from dealer near end of 3 year warranty and the first issue to fix was excess wind noise due to thin metal and windows. it was heaviest in its class so seemed safer against larger vehicles, but feels paper thin. closing doors sounds tinny. poor mileage way never ever coming close to ratings is biggest issue with it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*