Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Me

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever owned so far and I have had many. I won't bash other brands so I'll leave that out. I bought the car pre-owned with less than 10k on it and now have 85k. I am very pleased with how dependable this car is. The only thing I've had done "major" is new tires and brakes. Again it's at 85k miles... The interior is beautiful (have the 2 tone brown and cream color leather). I am 5'11 and my son is 6'1 and we fit comfortably in the front and back seat. I know how difficult it can be to find a car that "fits". Other features I enjoy is the sound system (I have a long daily commute to work), smooth ride, heated seats and remote start. The exterior appearance is classy. Things that could be better is the trunk opening and gas mileage for me is only averaging 22, for a 4 cylinder I was hoping for better, however I do drive aggressively. I rely heavily on other reviews when making purchases and am very thankful that people write them..this is my first and I hope this review helps. I would recommend this car to anyone.

no acceleration/ headlights a pain to change
By janel alderman

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

you have to take off the whole bumper to change out the headlights. normally costs $5.00 to change normal headlights, this one over a hundred dollars. chevy must be supporting body shops and giving them more business with no regards to the owner.

Do not buy!!!
By Robin Campbell

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If you are looking to sink a ton of money into your car, then by all means this is the car for you. The steering rack and gear completely bound. The exhaust camshaft also needs replaced at just 65,000 miles. The 2004-2009 malibu had a recall for the steering rack, but they refuse to include the 2010. The same part is used, but they won't do a thing to rectify the problem. Complete lemon of a car. There is no power, the interior is falling apart and the handles are peeling. The seat belt in the rear was also replaced.

headlights
By berke

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just had to pay $120.00 labor to change a low beam bulb. Not blaming the mechanics but the designers who did such a poor job. If you haven't had to change a bulb you will be shocked. I have always changed the headlights myself, up to now, but this is ridiculous.

Hmmmm, still thinking.

Make headlights accessible. Light went out on vacation and I couldn't get it into a shop for 3 days.

Better than what I had
By jwh_2014

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Taurus.., I miss that car but I did a definite upgrade with this Malibu. My family is glad that I have actually have a car that won't leave me stranded anymore. I love the car even though there are downsides like trunk space, but other than that I love it.

The way it looks, AUX for my phone, bigger on the inside, good gas mileage, the option that I can make all the lights LED, that the hubcaps actually look like a real alloy rim, the instrument cluster/panel is bright, bass is really good, the 60/40 split seats for access into the trunk, and I do believe that's about it.

Bigger trunk (which they fixed with the newer model), trunk button on the trunk (which they also fixed on the newer model year), center armrest in the back seat, able to change the headlights/bulbs without taking the whole front bumper off.

• SUV