Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

headlights
By berke

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just had to pay $120.00 labor to change a low beam bulb. Not blaming the mechanics but the designers who did such a poor job. If you haven't had to change a bulb you will be shocked. I have always changed the headlights myself, up to now, but this is ridiculous.

Hmmmm, still thinking.

Make headlights accessible. Light went out on vacation and I couldn't get it into a shop for 3 days.

Better than what I had
By jwh_2014

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Taurus.., I miss that car but I did a definite upgrade with this Malibu. My family is glad that I have actually have a car that won't leave me stranded anymore. I love the car even though there are downsides like trunk space, but other than that I love it.

The way it looks, AUX for my phone, bigger on the inside, good gas mileage, the option that I can make all the lights LED, that the hubcaps actually look like a real alloy rim, the instrument cluster/panel is bright, bass is really good, the 60/40 split seats for access into the trunk, and I do believe that's about it.

Bigger trunk (which they fixed with the newer model), trunk button on the trunk (which they also fixed on the newer model year), center armrest in the back seat, able to change the headlights/bulbs without taking the whole front bumper off.

Don't buy GM
By happygirl7h

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was told I was buying it under bluebook its now worth less than 1/2 and its 4 years old. Began having problems with lights, engine speed lost on freeway and expensive repairs every year. Not worth it, I am told these are rental cars. I will stick with Honda or Subaru, something reliable. I will never buy a GM again.

good for the money
By jack373

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the Malibu new. Wife wanted an auto (4 speed), but not a six. Last one on the lot. Offered $18,900 total drive out and the dealer took it. Have put 47,000 miles on it with few problems. Only regular maintenance (tires, oil. air filter). Glad it has the timing chain and not a belt. Had to have the emergency brake replaced under warranty. Per dealer, emergency brake warning chime only works when going forward (not in reverse).

Drives really well. Feels more solid than the Camry it replaced, although I can't be sure it will hold up as long.

Cup holders are too small, too close together. Very annoying. Can't get two large cups in center and tall cups won't fit in door cup holder. Back seat has no center arm rest. Would like to have a lock on trunk release and glove box.

Piece of Junk
By wspringer

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car looks pretty nice on the outside, but that's about it. It sits WAY too low. The drivers seat is like a cockpit. There is no comfortable driving position if you put up the seat higher, you just hit into the steering wheel, and it sits very very low inside of the vehicle. It is loaded with blind spots; the car is very hard to get a good view out of. Obviously not meant for someone taller than 5 foot. The seat itself is also hard as a rock. Back seats are very cramped. Everything inside is a junky plastic. I think I will be sticking with my 1991 Ford Country Squire.

Sirius XM radio, nice looking exterior

Less cheap interior, raise it up off the ground a bit, make the seats more comfortable and higher up