2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great Car
By intoz24s on 12/04/12 20:44 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife wanted the Buick Enclave but that's quite a bit more so we agreed on the Malibu. It's a nice car that rides well and is quiet on the road. Ours is the LTZ with the V6 and the engine is something beautiful to listen to when accelerating. The car on the highway truely does get 30-32 MPG.

Love it or hate it
By carlover1996 on 07/15/12 15:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Malibu in April of 2010. In the beginning we absolutely loved our Malibu. After a few months of owning it problems/things we dislike began to appear. First, the 4 cyl is not enough for this car. It has devoloped a hesitation when hitting the gas (delayed for 1-2 seconds sometimes and is dangerous when trying to get out of the way!). Second, the seats are hard and uncomfortable for more than a half hour. They hardly have ANY padding and the backseat had no center armrest. Third is visability, its not horrible, but if you are around 5 feet tall you will have trouble or cannot use your mirrors. Other than these issues the car is a good overall car, but we are about to trade it in.

No Thank You!
By gotonana on 07/20/11 10:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car for it's high estimated mpg. If 15.9 to 19 is high then I guess I got what I paid for!! The dealership tells me nothing is wrong with this 4 cylinder car!!

2010 four cylinder Malibu.
By djm2 on 01/26/11 15:30 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like the styling of the vehicle, and the fit and finish of the vehicle is outstanding! ---- The build quality is excellent, --- but the four cylinder engine leaves a lot to be desired. ------ In terms of performance it does not come close to a four cylinder Honda Accord engine. --- The vehicle does not achieve the listed miles per gallon. The best that I have been able to achieve in 8,000 miles of ownership is 27 mpg, out of a posted 30 to 33mpg. --- The quality of the original equipment tires leaves a lot to be desired. ---- My four tires loose air between 2,500 mile service intervals. -- If I were to purchase this vehicle again, I would purchase the V6 model. Best regards. ----- Dwayne

Great value, beautiful car, but still has "GM-ness"
By nick7302 on 01/06/11 13:25 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Malibu in August of 2010. It is January 2011 now and we've already got near 12k miles. LTZ is very sharp looking, the features are great, and a strong value for the dollar. Still, not perfect: Gas mileage is rated 22/33--we average 24-26 on mostly rural and secondary/suburban roads, which is less than I'd expect. We did have the airbag light come on around 9k miles and we had to take it in to the dealer to have a sensor replaced. There are other signs of old GM here...if you press the overhead light or sunroof buttons the headliner flexes quite a bit. Rubber trim around sunroof looks sloppy. Transmission hunts and engine can be buzzy during warm up.

I enjoy this car
By seadog5 on 01/02/11 19:34 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just went over 10000 on my LTZ and have not had a single problem. We have taken two long trips in it and found it to be comfortable and quiet. Handled really nice in some heavy winds when other cars were being blown all over. I have not yet driven it in the snow but it has good traction in the rain. The dealer is great and I love all the little toys in the car.

Beware of Chevy Customer Service.
By IMom on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a beautiful 2010 Chevy Malibu in May 2010. Started having 'misfiring' problems in July. Long story short, I have had it for just 5 months 3 of which it has had issues. 4 times in and out of the dealer to try and get it fixed. Called Chevy Customer service and basically got nothing. They don't help, don't call back or if they do it's to repeat what the dealer has already told me. Supposedly it's an intermittent problem and they can't fix it unless they can reproduce it even after diagnostics shows 'misfires'. Then they say they will help get me out of the problem and change their mind the next day. Bottom line is no customer satisfaction. Wish I would have kept my Ford Fusion!

Some driving issues
By Bob on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Opted for the v6, gas mileage is poor, performance is just ok, small trunk opening, can't get anything in it without twisting and turning the article, seats are uncomfortable, visibility is very bad, took rear seat headrest off, put them on front seats because they are smaller, stored the front seat ones, when I looked into the rear view mirror all I saw was headrest, looking forward with the large a pillars is outright dangerous, XM radio poor reception, constantly get disconnected with blue tooth, its useless, my 2007 Impala ltz with 3.9 v6 was peppy and great gas mileage, nice car but this could be better, hard to get in and out, low roofline always hitting head getting in and out

Stop whining, reviewers: it's a NICE car
By jes2 on 08/09/10 20:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Here's a story for you: I rented a 2010 Malibu LTZ w/2064 miles on it, and continued to rent it, a month at a time (my job required it) continuously for the next 7 months. At the end of my assignment, the car had 20,600 miles on the odometer, I'd become quite fond of it, and it didn't have even ONE DANGED THING WRONG WITH IT. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No rattles, dings, scratches, scuffs, etc, so, after several phone calls and some help from my buds at the rental car location, I started the process to pull the car out of the fleet & buy it. Bottom line: I made a truly good deal on it, it was delivered at the Chevy dealer w/full factory warranty, and I now own it. Still flawless. Go figure!

Still Under review
By CB on 06/29/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the vehicle after trading in 2003 Acura TL. (Point of clarification the vehicle I purchased is V-6 but didn't see the drop down item) The day after I bought the car the odometer read 138 miles, I decelerated (applied the brake) going around a corner and the engine stalled. Coasted then placed the car in park and restarted it. 2nd occurrence odometer reading 160 same issue. Next day returned to the dealership and no diagnostic codes displayed the problem. The dealership along with GM technical assistance believed it to be one of two problems the computer brain (fuse box) or the ignition switch not being properly grounded. Replaced both and problem has not reoccurred.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$138 per month*