2010 Chevrolet Malibu 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

LT1 Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
headlights
By berke on 10/29/14 17:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just had to pay $120.00 labor to change a low beam bulb. Not blaming the mechanics but the designers who did such a poor job. If you haven't had to change a bulb you will be shocked. I have always changed the headlights myself, up to now, but this is ridiculous.

3 years/70k miles and still going strong
By setht37 on 08/06/13 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 3 years and it now has over 70k miles on it and I have not had any issues with it. There are a couple squeaks and rattles here and there and sometimes the right turn signal does not go off when turning but I figure it is not a luxury car so what do you expect. I feel this car is just as reliable as a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. When I first got the car it did not get good gas mileage now that the engine is broken in it gets good mileage. I have gotten 33 mpg doing 80 with 5 people in the car and luggage in the trunk.

Absolute dissapointment
By coswife13 on 02/25/13 20:10 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 Malibu used with 55,888 miles on it. Lets just say I should have kept my 2007 Impala. I traded due to wanting a car without leather but needless to say that was a small problem compared to everything that has happened with this Malibu. I have been back to the dealership 6 times in the last month and a half that I have had it and it still isn't running properly. I had to put all new tires, new brakes, a new blower in the heater. My speakers are junk and they have put new struts on but I am still experiencing the same noise as before the "new" struts were on. I have never had to put this much work into a car before and my first car was 15 years old when I got it!

Disappointed
By meer on 08/10/11 10:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought car for wife. The front seat bolsters are too high, uncomfortable on long ride. Ok, for smaller wife. Gas mileage is only 24 mpg. Service manager actually said it would get better after break in period, (car is 7 mo's old). The tire pressure fluctuates way to much. I'm always putting in air, Service mgr said this normal due to weather. Also had rear quarter panel pop loose from wheel well. Overall I'm disappointed in the car. We went from a Chrysler Concord with 194,000 miles on it a 3.5 V 6 that got 27 miles to the gal on trips. GM needs to readdress their business goals. I wanted to buy American but got burned.

Glad it was a rental-poor!
By rman961 on 03/27/11 13:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We rented this car to go on a 700 mile trip. The car is beautiful on the outside, but on the inside, it is made with mostly plastic. The seats could be more comfortable, and the cloth has no good quality whatsoever. Leg room is poor in the rear. The trunk is extremely small and you can barely fit a mid sized cooler in it! I'm so glad we didn't buy this car. Go with the Fusion!

Best car ever
By nick on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 210 malibu for 1 mo now this is the best car i have ever bought. i've had hondas and ford they cannot compete with this car i would buy another one in a heart beat. great job gm your back on my list of best cars

Great Car
By John on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have been very pleased with this car. Before purchasing I test drove a Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima, and Toyota Camry. This car had the best ride and had better styling than these others. Whenever I have rented another midsized car during the past year, I am anxious to get back to my Malibu. Attention was given to the small details in the Malibu that other competitors did not. The ride is smooth, and the interior is very stylish and quiet. I love the interior two tone titanium color. The black interior was too dark for me. Overall, this is a great car.

Not Fun in the Summer
By Malibu10 on 09/04/10 08:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Before summer arrived I thought this car was the best, now not so much. There is a "surging" problem with the transmission when it is hot out and to date GM has not taken this issue seriously. I bought this car to support America, a family member who works for GM and now I am regretting it, too bad because if this issue was fixed the car would be perfect.

Exceeds our "expectations"
By dtgriffin on 07/29/10 09:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I love our new Malibu! Our Malibu exceeds "all" of our expectations. The standard turn by turn navigation is awesome and easy to use. Hard to believe a family sedan comes standard with the paddle shift, which worked great while we took a drive through the Smokey mountains. We love everything about our new Malibu lt!

GM nailed it!
By welderwoman on 07/26/10 23:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love the car! The sunroof really makes it look sharp. I tried the Ford Fusion but the ride was choppy compared to the Malibu.I'm glad I tried the Malibu first because I wasn't happy with any other car. The ride is great, we both have bad backs so the ride was really important. I got a great deal to boot!I rode in a friend's Camry and it just doesn't compare. GM nail it with this one! On Star is great, I'll probably renew that.