2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Don't buy GM
By happygirl7h on 03/21/14 08:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was told I was buying it under bluebook its now worth less than 1/2 and its 4 years old. Began having problems with lights, engine speed lost on freeway and expensive repairs every year. Not worth it, I am told these are rental cars. I will stick with Honda or Subaru, something reliable. I will never buy a GM again.

good for the money
By jack373 on 03/12/14 12:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the Malibu new. Wife wanted an auto (4 speed), but not a six. Last one on the lot. Offered $18,900 total drive out and the dealer took it. Have put 47,000 miles on it with few problems. Only regular maintenance (tires, oil. air filter). Glad it has the timing chain and not a belt. Had to have the emergency brake replaced under warranty. Per dealer, emergency brake warning chime only works when going forward (not in reverse).

Piece of Junk
By wspringer on 12/09/13 15:02 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car looks pretty nice on the outside, but that's about it. It sits WAY too low. The drivers seat is like a cockpit. There is no comfortable driving position if you put up the seat higher, you just hit into the steering wheel, and it sits very very low inside of the vehicle. It is loaded with blind spots; the car is very hard to get a good view out of. Obviously not meant for someone taller than 5 foot. The seat itself is also hard as a rock. Back seats are very cramped. Everything inside is a junky plastic. I think I will be sticking with my 1991 Ford Country Squire.

Passenger Airbag Problems
By foresterjoe on 08/26/13 10:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car two years ago with only 21k on it. Drove it and loved it initially, then the car started to have issues. Since we have owned it (now over 2 years), we have had it in the shop 6 times; 5 of those dealing with the passenger air bag system and 1 to replace the final drive in the transmission. 3 out of the 5 times have been for the wiring harness/connectors. We just had it in last month for the airbag and guess what, yesterday we had the light come back on. Poor design that GM won't recognize as being a major problem. Thank goodness for extended warranty, but still costs us $100 a pop for deductible. Won't buy another GM car again. That's for sure!

great looking exterior but wouldnt buy again...
By wolfmagic7 on 10/25/12 16:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

wife loved it but is easily impressed. i've driven this car for 1 year now and bought it after describing the testdrive as "adequate" to her and the salesman. when i feel different, i will change my review. we bought it from dealer near end of 3 year warranty and the first issue to fix was excess wind noise due to thin metal and windows. it was heaviest in its class so seemed safer against larger vehicles, but feels paper thin. closing doors sounds tinny. poor mileage way never ever coming close to ratings is biggest issue with it.

pretty good car.
By shotgun1496 on 07/26/12 00:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

have had tons of issues but thats from tons of driving every day. car wasn't running good lately but then it hit a truck tire on the freeway, tore the crap out of the bottom of the car, got it fixed for $4000, but this car has never ran so great, i love it now rides smooth and quietly, runs good but to small of an engine for the car.

Am a big baller
By baller10 on 05/20/12 19:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my bu, I dont have any problems with my malibu, I bought it from an auction with 22k miles on it now it got 38k miles with no problems. I had a dvd with navigation installed and standing on 20 rims,fog light installed and replace the front and rear OEM speakers, and my mpg is still great. damn, my baby is all pimped out, it makes me feel like a big baller lol

Chevy runs shallow
By landroverblows on 04/06/12 07:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The plastic seat backs snap out of place when I put any pressure on the back. I'm 6-3, 225. It has to be put back in place constantly. The front bumper is too low & scrapes when I enter dipped driveways. I have 3 black scuffs on white paint on underside bumper. There's 2 cup holders in the center console and the back soda always gets wedged in. There's not enough space for your gadgets in the open console. You have to stow everything away under the arm rest but I prefer a place where I can see and hear it. Dash molding above MPH popped out on 1 end - cheap glue. My left knee leans up against door and hits the trunk button while driving. Low tires. Chevy doesn't honor 'bumper2bumper". 27 mpg

Buyers Remorse
By dquibie on 01/02/11 04:25 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my Impala for a Malibu and regret it. The LS gets poor gas mileage. The steering wheel does not adjust high enough so you constantly hit your knees when getting in. It does NOT seat 5 comfortably. Road noise is loud. The trunk opening is too small for luggage or carts.It is a beautiful car on the outside and I love the OnStar but otherwise, I would not recommend this vehicle. The LT model is supposed to get better gas mileage but is no more comfortable.

Worst car I ever drove in the city
By mike on 07/13/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great on the highway, is a different story in the city, every imperfection on the roadway is an adventure. Bring your cowboy hat and boots, because you'll think you're in a stagecoach,

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu in VA is:

$140 per month*