Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Elegant and reliable
By Azury Florio

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The best design among Malibus

Air bag light
By Terri

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Is anyone having issues with air bag light going on periodically? Chevrolet dealer stated they cannot repair it unless the light is on when I bring it in. I am concerned about my safety but that does not seem to be a concern of theirs.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Me

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever owned so far and I have had many. I won't bash other brands so I'll leave that out. I bought the car pre-owned with less than 10k on it and now have 85k. I am very pleased with how dependable this car is. The only thing I've had done "major" is new tires and brakes. Again it's at 85k miles... The interior is beautiful (have the 2 tone brown and cream color leather). I am 5'11 and my son is 6'1 and we fit comfortably in the front and back seat. I know how difficult it can be to find a car that "fits". Other features I enjoy is the sound system (I have a long daily commute to work), smooth ride, heated seats and remote start. The exterior appearance is classy. Things that could be better is the trunk opening and gas mileage for me is only averaging 22, for a 4 cylinder I was hoping for better, however I do drive aggressively.
I rely heavily on other reviews when making purchases and am very thankful that people write them..this is my first and I hope this review helps.
I would recommend this car to anyone.

no acceleration/ headlights a pain to change
By janel alderman

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

you have to take off the whole bumper to change out the headlights. normally costs $5.00 to change normal headlights, this one over a hundred dollars. chevy must be supporting body shops and giving them more business with no regards to the owner.

Do not buy!!!
By Robin Campbell

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If you are looking to sink a ton of money into your car, then by all means this is the car for you. The steering rack and gear completely bound. The exhaust camshaft also needs replaced at just 65,000 miles. The 2004-2009 malibu had a recall for the steering rack, but they refuse to include the 2010. The same part is used, but they won't do a thing to rectify the problem. Complete lemon of a car. There is no power, the interior is falling apart and the handles are peeling. The seat belt in the rear was also replaced.