2009 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Quality of the rims

2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Quality of the rims
By Brenda on

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my car in April 2009. Since that time I've needed to buy rims twice. I'm not a wild and crazy driver. I travel normal roads with plenty of other cars traveling the same. I have an older Malibu and loved it completely. This one the quality of the rims is a real turn-off. I find it impossible to believe my car is the only car that has problems with flimsy rims. I really hope others will comment so I can see if its an isolated problem or one others just have taken in stride.

On-star, the Sirius radio

Make rims that can handle city and expressway driving. I'm not driving back roads or aiming at potholes. Driving right along with everyone else.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By squintcycling
on 09/15/12 10:15 AM (PDT)

I also have a 09 Malibu and just had the left front rim replaced, out of warranty, of course - as the car had about 52K on it at the time. It was determined that there was a pinhole in the rim, causing a slow leak in the tire. There has been no damage to the car. I live in Florida and the roads here are much better maintained than those I grew up on in Michigan. In 42 years of driving, this is the first time that I have ever had to replace a rim. I also know someone locally who experienced this problem with two rims on an 09 Malibu. It is beginning to sound like GM has an issue with this that hopefully they will own up to soon.

By tray529
on 04/09/12 12:20 PM (PDT)

I also have a 2009 Malibu LS 4 dr Sedan. I am experiencing the same problem with the rims. I just found out I have a 2nd cracked rim. I have contacted the dealer and GM motors; of course they have had no other complaints. NO ONE else has had this problem and they have no idea how this could have happend. Please contact GM. I used the phone number in the back of the manual to make a complaint.